Richmond Ruck Situation 2021

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Has nothing to do with not cutting it in the ruck.
Worked well last yr with Soldo.
Simply he can't do it all himself.
Only issue, there are 15 rucks in the comp who can do it on their own. So we need to get one of them. Just my opinion, we go for Goldstein aggressively.

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
We need to find a version of a paddy ryder for us. Unfortunately dont there will be one.

what about westhoff for a year? He would be free. Didnt he play on the scratch match for us this year?

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We need to find a version of a paddy ryder for us. Unfortunately dont there will be one.

what about westhoff for a year? He would be free. Didnt he play on the scratch match for us this year?

Apart from the fact he is gone for all money, and not a ruckman, that is a tremendous idea living_in_syd. You need to move back to Mel mate. 😉

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I don't think we need to do anything, just keep CCJ. Small risk early in the season, but better than bringing in another ruck to take a list spot when we don't need them once CCJ can play.

Walt Kowalski

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd have a massive man crush if we could wrangle Goldstein. Would take us next level. Such a good ruckman, imo.

Just need him to want a crack at a flag for cheap, rather than to be loyal to a rabble.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
That's three for the night for Samson Ryan. Our big men inside 50 have really lifted since quarter-time. RICH 62 CARL 72

---

3QT: Another toughly fought term as we kicked five-goals-to-three, with Coleman-Jones and Naish slotting two each for the quarter. RICH 8.4 (52) to CARL 8.12 (60)

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
If we can get through 2021 without Nank breaking down our ruck stocks will be very strong going forward.

I'd like to see CJ come into the side pretty quickly once his suspension ends to ease Bank's workload.

Then, next year we'll have Nank, CJ, a hopefully fit again Soldo and Ryan with a year's development all competing for one or two ruck spots.

Chol is at the bottom of the list for me. Not sure he has much of a future with us.

Back