Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice, use a comparison of when 75% of tiger fans were in panic mode that the wheels had fallen off before the 9 game win streak to prove your point. I wonder if that shows any bias in you trying to make your point in relation to an article written about this year over a year later in 2015. People like yourself that pull "facts" from anywhere to prove your point even if its out of context are the scourge of forums. Why don't you go paint yourself brown and gold in the shed and whack off to pictures of Roughy and Hodge you obvious fanboy :)

Better than comparing games at a 15k venue with a 100k venue :drunk:

But hey we never play non Victorian clubs in Victoria apparently

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Membership figures alone would suggest that West Coast was only just bigger than Fremantle. Fremantle membership slightly understates their support in my view and would be top 6 in the league imo but anyone who has lived in Western Australia knows that West Coast are a much bigger club in terms of support than Fremantle.

Not sure that we're bigger than Collingwood but would not be surprised if we were
there are heaps of footy fans that cant get to subi games so have bought freo memberships and go to freo games - i know a couple myself - when this new stadium opens we are going to see two pretty mighty clubs over in the west

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
If you flogs are really want to compare crowd numbers then Gold Coast and GWS at the MCG is the only true indication. All the other teams have significant levels of support or neutral interest in Melbourne that attend games and pad figures (Swans\Hawks perfect example)

So:

2015 Richmond v Gold Coast MCG 38508 (Tigers coming off a shocker in Adelaide)
2013 Hawthorn v Gold Coast MCG 28112 (Hawks absolutely flying coming off 7 straight wins and the score suggests good weather)

2015 Richmond v GWS MCG 35968 (Bitterly cold and wet day but coming off an unimpressive win against Carlton. Bad loss the week before against WC))
2014 Hawthorn v GWS MCG 17906 (Similar weather Hawthorn coming off a couple of losses)

Now that's pretty clear cut figures

Edit: Note I have used each fixture's most recent games at the g as the criteria

Last edited:

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None

But you choose to play at that venue

But you ignore crowd numbers at that venue , but include the membership numbers generated from that venue . Lol

It's ridiculous, and bred from your insecurity.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
If you flogs are really want to compare crowd numbers then Gold Coast and GWS at the MCG is the only true indication. All the other teams have significant levels of support or neutral interest in Melbourne that attend games and pad figures (Swans\Hawks perfect example)

So:

2015 Richmond v Gold Coast MCG 38508 (Tigers coming off a shocker in Adelaide)
2013 Hawthorn v Gold Coast MCG 28112 (Hawks absolutely flying coming off 7 straight wins and the score suggests good weather)

2015 Richmond v GWS MCG 35968 (Bitterly cold and wet day but coming off an unimpressive win against Carlton. Bad loss the week before against WC))
2014 Hawthorn v GWS MCG 17906 (Similar weather Hawthorn coming off a couple of losses)

Now that's pretty clear cut figures

Game set match.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Because not so long ago the club was in a bad financial situation.
Do you just want us to admit that we went down there for the money? There is no shame in that. Everyone knows. No one cares. .

Now we are getting somewhere.

You sold home games to Tassie for money, because you cant make it in Melbourne.

Spot on with the no one cares comment, that is for sure.

No one cares about hawthorn.

If Richmond entered into an agreement for a further 5 years with Tasmania, denying our Melbourne fans of 4 home games a year at the MCG, after back to back premierships, the board would be sacked, and there would be about 10 tonnes of this

dropped in the front reception of Punt road.

After back to back premierships, hawthorn did just that, and the fans couldn't give a stuff.

Its unbelievable !

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

At no stage have I compared games in Launceston vs the MCG with you, also not our fault your club is so in need of cash it takes million dollar handouts from the Tasmanian government to play in front of 15,000 people. I would be scared if I was you, do you remember what happens to the hawks crowds when your not winning grand finals? Your list is aging, you haven't had any top draft picks and if you want a glimpse of the not to distant future just check out Geelong at the moment needing an AFL handout. Not long now and you will be where the brown and gold belong with sub 35,000 crowds at the G and membership below 55-45,000 once the shine wears off those cups. Us here at the Tigs for all the hate thrown at us will just keep plugging away building the Tiger empire thanks. I wouldn't laugh at that either, we were broke and have built everything we have got without flags, wait until we win a grand final and you can see what a real, passionate and loyal supporter base looks like. Hawks might fly buy the Tigers stick through thick and thin through generations, have a nice night and enjoy it while you can as your days of being a high flying Hawkk are numbered :)

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
resized_palpatine-meme-generator-good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-a2f669.jpg

TheProwler

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2009
Tassie
AFL Club
Richmond

but Aurora Stadium capacity is 21k. Don't let your lack of knowledge get in the way of your argument though pal.

It's amazing how many family memberships you have in Tassie now that go to the occasional game in Launceston. Take these out of the equation and you are mid range in membership.

Carry on.................

May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
but Aurora Stadium capacity is 21k. Don't let your lack of knowledge get in the way of your argument though pal.

It's amazing how many family memberships you have in Tassie now that go to the occasional game in Launceston. Take these out of the equation and you are mid range in membership.

Carry on.................
What a stupid argument. "lets randomly take out a key plank in the figures, so we can say that the figures are actually lower"

Palmer Stoat

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
It's because they are insecure

All I see is a massive club belatedly, but finally, resurgent, and another club going for a threepeat. Whether I supported Richmond or Hawthorn, I'd be basking. Both clubs have plenty to be happy about. Good times don't last forever. Make the most of them, I reckon.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
All I see is a massive club belatedly, but finally, resurgent, and another club going for a threepeat. Whether I supported Richmond or Hawthorn, I'd be basking. Both clubs have plenty to be happy about. Good times don't last forever. Make the most of them, I reckon.
I agree everyone just needs to acknowledge Hawthorn are the biggest club in Tasmania and Richmond is the biggest in Australia ?

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond holds the attendance records for both Aurora Stadium and Blundstone Arena. Not conceding Tassie!
Surely this can't be correct ? The millions that have been spent by the Tassie government and assumably by Hawthorn would mean that Hawthorn has a strong hold within Tassie .

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond holds the attendance records for both Aurora Stadium and Blundstone Arena. Not conceding Tassie!
I think people forget Ron that because of Richo and the Gale brothers in the 90's that there is a large following of newer Tigs supporters down Tasmania way, I was born in 78 and a Tiger before then but there are plenty there. I know this because I grew up there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back