Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake we missed the flag target by one year, we made 2 GF's in 5 years however

I guess thats the difference between Hawthorn and Richmond

Hawthorn strived for 2 flags in 5 years, Richmond strived for 3 finals (Elimination Finals no less) in 5 years

Of course we know Hawthorn achieved 3 flags (possibly 4) in 7 years and have increased membership to 73,000

We're currently running on a 8-4-75k timeframe :)
It's eating you up inside pal isn't it? How can a club in the verge of three straight grand final victories maybe even four or heaven forbid five in a row be overtaken in popularity by a club who is just aiming to play finals. How can this club with so much failure over the last three & half decades compete and overtake such a juggernaut in Hawthorn. It's just not possible is it Hawkk?

C'mon, Llt that rage out
z6eM8dxMSm9yM.gif

Then chill a bit, don't worry about this unsuccessful club becoming a bigger player than you, after all you have the premierships whilst this club that dares challenge you in being a superpower rises from the ashes. Relax bro, don't take it so hard
rBHPkHo7dFwdO.gif

Before you know it Richmond will fail again and your club can go back to being a big club again.........
BieaBMRUBNUgU.gif

Carry on..........

It's eating you up inside pal isn't it? How can a club in the verge of three straight grand final victories maybe even four or heaven forbid five in a row be overtaken in popularity by a club who is just aiming to play finals. How can this club with so much failure over the last three & half decades compete and overtake such a juggernaut in Hawthorn. It's just not possible is it Hawkk?

C'mon, Llt that rage out
z6eM8dxMSm9yM.gif

Then chill a bit, don't worry about this unsuccessful club becoming a bigger player than you, after all you have the premierships whilst this club that dares challenge you in being a superpower rises from the ashes. Relax bro, don't take it so hard
rBHPkHo7dFwdO.gif

Before you know it Richmond will fail again and your club can go back to being a big club again.........
BieaBMRUBNUgU.gif

Carry on..........

Yep. Nailed it.

They are so insecure .

RICHMOND has shaded Collingwood to become the biggest draw in football this season with average crowds to Tigers games almost 10,000 up on 2014 figures.

The AFL’s overall average attendances are up — thanks mostly to the Richmond factor — despite 11 clubs playing in front of smaller crowds this year.

Tigers have footy's biggest army

win a final and that's all you need for the hype to be legit, but lose one and it'll be messy. richmond remind me of liverpool, when they're up and about they're too big to ignore but when they're down kicking them is so easy

win a final and that's all you need for the hype to be legit, but lose one and it'll be messy. richmond remind me of liverpool, when they're up and about they're too big to ignore but when they're down kicking them is so easy
But we did that last year,or had you forgotten, yet it hasn't dampened a 5000 + hike in membership this year along with game day attendances

I don't agree mate though I see your point.

Richmond fans are almost totally immune to disappointment at this point. We would look on this year as a success even if we didn't win a final and even though we have never set paw in the top 4.

We're easily pleased. There will be a big 70K membership sale next year come what may.

Richmond are big in Victoria and probably Tasmania, but they don't have the support outside their heartland that Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn. West Coast and Adelaide have.

Does anyone actually know the breakdown of club supporters by state? ie Swans might have say 30k in NSW, 7k in Victoria, 500 in Tas, 500 in WA etc, or something like that. Is that sort of breakdown possible? it would be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect example as to why they'll NEVER win a final; getting ahead of themselves again! "Biggest club in Australia"??!! Win a final, do something, achieve something before you chirp with your delusional rubbish Richmond.
What have Carlton got to say now? 22 years and counting since their last flag..........

Been there done that. What now?
What have Carlton got to say now? 22 years and counting since their last flag..........
You know what, Fair play to you. Your club have answered in the best possible way, and I have no comeback to what you both have said. As much as it kills me, I must acknowledge your achievement...

The curios thing is, that you’ll notice I posted that over two years ago. It was my very first ever bigfooty post, and as a result, one of your mods suspended me for a week. I was a member for all of two minutes. As if I didn’t hate your mob enough! I would’ve thought if the post was so offensive and severe, it would’ve been deleted. Dr Mike, it appears you can have it both ways...

Anyway, again, well played by both your club, and the two replies above. You’ve well and truly shut me up........

For now.

You know what, Fair play to you. Your club have answered in the best possible way, and I have no comeback to what you both have said. As much as it kills me, I must acknowledge your achievement...

The curios thing is, that you’ll notice I posted that over two years ago. It was my very first ever bigfooty post, and as a result, one of your mods suspended me for a week. I was a member for all of two minutes. As if I didn’t hate your mob enough! I would’ve thought if the post was so offensive and severe, it would’ve been deleted. Dr Mike, it appears you can have it both ways...

Anyway, again, well played by both your club, and the two replies above. You’ve well and truly shut me up........

For now.

pure class Coach, kudos

For now.

OdafY2rtbe1kIqyl-JSc8Sk6rsFY429aGp4sragGZzIkhMZ5bqS_haKntoE-J_rqI51u00w8VEwbyoqruo-2a7u5VArrowM0TKHtBre56IwLxWnzkWPc1gZrmCFE9IIBNu5Z4cbLuBWma6wQ7E1eR0FSV73M1gjvK9s=w292-h336-nc

Equal second best with zero success in 37 years. Now a flag! We will crack 90k this year and be the first to hit the 100K.
We never had to ask people to rattle cans at intersections to save our club because the supporters had left the club in droves. Pie fans stick through thick and thin-side by side. That campaign-Save Our Skins was less than a decade after your last GF appearance. Wow.

We never had to ask people to rattle cans at intersections to save our club because the supporters had left the club in droves. Pie fans stick through thick and thin-side by side. That campaign-Save Our Skins was less than a decade after your last GF appearance. Wow.
I drank a lot of beer

d39426e94fc11d8d29df14910144231f

It pains me to say it but Richmond probably will be the first club to crack 100k members... I still think Collingwood with a bit of success are a bigger club though

At the end of the day the two biggest clubs in the country are both apart of the AFL which is great for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back