Richmond set to poach Darcy Moore (says Tom Browne)

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit late to get involved in trading Eddie, if Collingwood weren't throwing cash at TURD like Dayne Beams and that Wells guy who barely played they coulda had a TOMMY LYNCH forward rather that lumbering * Mason Cox.

Who benefits from starting this rumour now?

Not Richmond, they spent 2 years working in the background to entice Tom Lynch, why would they show their cards this early even if they may be a suitor later in the year if Moore has a healthy season ... also they (we) have not given up on Rance reconsidering.

Not Collingwood, Moores risilience this season and the clubs performance will largely determine what they are willing to offer and what he may be willing to accept.

So its either the Media 'creating' a story or the Moore camp hiking up the bidding and looking for an early commitment from Collingwood.

If Moore is after success he is just as likely to be part of premiership success where he is at Collingwood as with any other club. It could happen this year!

If he is looking for the big payday there are clubs outside their premiership window with far more salary cap space than either Collingwood or Richmond.

As for Eddie he is ever the showman and a gift to Collingwood and all of the Victorian football clubs imo, he is the first to rattle the bucket if the AFL becomes a little too precious in boosting their love children clubs. I am a big fan of Eddie. There will never be another trade war.

One of the main reasons the then Victorian clubs instituted the AFL overlord was the moronic behaviour of Richmond and Collingwood in the 80s which almost bankrupted both clubs, it could never happen again.

It makes for a good read to examine the misakes of the past.

Jolimont.
Perhaps Yarra Park back in the day? Yarra Park State School is up on the corner (now apartments). I don't mind that, as long as we don't become a nomadic club like the Saints/Pies/Hawks. Tradition >> $$.

Watching the '19 prelim, some things that Moore did were unbelievable, a class above, so balanced in the air. Easily the heir to Rance's throne (I mean as best KPD in the league, not necessarily at the Tigers!).

I'd kill to have him at the Tiges, and any club that is not inquiring is derelict in their duty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps Yarra Park back in the day? Yarra Park State School is up on the corner (now apartments). I don't mind that, as long as we don't become a nomadic club like the Saints/Pies/Hawks. Tradition >> $$.
Nomadic clubs are those that have sold home games to play interstate.
I agree with you -Tradition>>$$

Nomadic clubs are those that have sold home games to play interstate.
I agree with you -Tradition>>$$
Eh...we haven't played home games at our home ground since the 60s!!
You could have a crack at the Tiges for flirting with Craigieburn...but that was off-season and when the cricket club was still at PRO and our players were getting stress fractures.

Collingwood cricket club had already left for Camberwell years before Eddie decided he was too good for Vic Park and the suburb...sad.

Vic Park was in Abbotsford, and Collingwood’s new base is actually considered to be Melbourne.

0 from 2

Best not let you know what suburb the ME Bank, whoops I mean Swinburne Centre is in!
I understand, but if you're old Melbourne, you know the connection between Abbotsford and Collingwood, and Richmond and Yarra Park for that matter.

Anyway, just please get rid of Eddie and get the club back to Vic Park, and please Hawks get rid of boofhead so you can get back to Glenferrie.

I understand, but if you're old Melbourne, you know the connection between Abbotsford and Collingwood, and Richmond and Yarra Park for that matter.

Anyway, just please get rid of Eddie and get the club back to Vic Park, and please Hawks get rid of boofhead so you can get back to Glenferrie.
Why would you get rid of Eddie if you’re pro ‘old Melbourne’?

He plays the role of the old footy head stoking all those nostalgic rivalries from the 70s/80s suburban VFL footy as he lived them!!

We are both based at the G now, Pies have the city end, Tigers have Punt Road end...bring on R2!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back