No Oppo Supporters Brett Deledio Watch - Farewell Lids and good luck at the GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought the player at least has the right to say I will not play for another club. Trade me and I will retire. Such a hard situation if the club wants to trade him because no matter how much he wants to stay, if the club says they want to trade him does he then still want to be loyal to that club???

I just really would have thought Lids is the type of player you just don't trade out, no matter what the benefit. He's a 'heart and soul' player.

Hawthorn, 14th 2005 -> Hawthorn Premiers 2008
Port Adelaide, 16th 2011 -> Made Prelims and were a whisker away from a GF in 2014
West Coast Eagles, 13th 2013 -> grand finalists in 2015
Western Bulldogs, 14th in 2014 -> Prelim (maybe even further)
GWS 16th 2014 -> Prelim (maybe further) [contentious one given the start up concessions]

Now i defined contender as a preliminary or better and I didn't put a whole of effort into this but I could find more if I went looking. Fact is with the right drafting, trading and development we can contend in three years. I could argue we're a lot better off then some of those teams listed. Some of them spent extended periods wallowing at the bottom of the ladder accumulating young talent where as we've got some serious A-grade talent that has already experienced some finals footy (even if it was three failed elimination finals).

I think if our promising young talent can take that next step and join our 5 genuine A-graders we can have a serious crack at a flag. Our window has changed slightly but it's still open.

*Also factor in what a new coach could achieve with our list. If Dimma delivers us another failed season then he's gone and we'll get another coach who will have a couple of years with our talent still at it's prime. A new coach and a new game plan can do wonders for a team. Port took 2014 on with a new game style and I would argue that Beveridge is a very large reason why the bullies are doing so well.

In each of those examples the club achieved their rise on the back of a change of coach. Just sayin.

Last edited:

It was depressing to be reminded who we got after the Ottens trade..

Was a terrible draft outside the top 7.

The best we could have got from 12 was

14 - Monfires
15 - Lyndon Dunn
24 - Van Berlo
29 - Rosa
36 - McGuane
37 - Le Cras
40 - Maric
56 - Knights

Was a terrible draft outside the top 7.

The best we could have got from 12 was

14 - Monfires
15 - Lyndon Dunn
24 - Van Berlo
29 - Rosa
36 - McGuane
37 - Le Cras
40 - Maric
56 - Knights

I love the extra pain we suffered in that draft. Not only did we have the Tambling/Franklin stuff-up (in case you hadn't heard), but as said the draft after No 7 was pretty poor - just when we had loaded up with multiple picks.

And the best down-the-draft player was clearly LeCras - and we had the pick immediately before and missed him as well!!! (Ok, to be fair, McGuane was a pretty useful player and a perfectly good result for pick 36 - it's just.........aaaaaaargh!).

Motlop has now been absolute rubbish in 2 finals this year, if we are trading Lids to get him then I am 100% done with this club

Said to my Geelong supporting cousin, based on last night and the last 6 weeks, Cats can kiss a first rounder for Motlop goodbye. Didn't take too kindly to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Lids and would hate to see him go but hammys don't get better with age.
I also want to see this club win a flag, and I'd trade him to GWS for three of their gun kids that are fringe players.

Richmond used to be a club that did anything to win, we need to get back to that.

Last edited:
I also want to see this club win a flag, and I'd trade him to GWS for three of their gun kids that are fringe players.

Richmond used to be a club that did anything to win, we need to get back to that.
His hamstrings are fine, I thought it was his Achilles and then his calf that had issues?

We should tell Lids that his Achilles need a warmer climate and will feel much better on the Gold Coast,This would make things so much more easier

Lids+#6 - JOM & Prestia
Has a player who has nominated a team ever gone to another club.

Has a player who has nominated a team ever gone to another club.
Good point on the JOM trade. He has wanted to go to Hawks for well over a year. It seems he wants Dawks or stay.
But that still could help with Lids to Suns as they have picks galore and want mature age. Problem is Lids maybe too mature as they probably are after 22-26 yo.

We should tell Lids that his Achilles need a warmer climate and will feel much better on the Gold Coast,This would make things so much more easier

Lids+#6 - JOM & Prestia
Imagine JOM's knees in the Melbourne cold climate.... If he can't get em right on the warm gold coast he won't play a game for whorethorn

Lids+#6 - JOM & Prestia
Trade a dodgy calf for two ****ed knees. No thanks. We'll get Prestia another way and get a better trade for lids.

So you want to trade one of our 4 good players and one if out few real leaders for 3 fringe kids. And you think this will improve us???

So you want to trade one of our 4 good players and one if out few real leaders for 3 fringe kids. And you think this will improve us???
Yeah - first round drafts that aren't first picks to be played at GWS aren't fringe players.

They have more talent than they know what to do with and I'd happily take Will Hoskin-Elliott, Caleb Marchbank and Nick Haynes for Lids.

Last edited:
There is no chance the club is even thinking of trading him.

He is in the Hardwick boys club and his best mate is Grigg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back