Richmond still premiership favourites for 2019?

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond will likely fall away. Lynch will ruin their pressure gameplan, and they will be exposed as poorly skilled honest tryers when resorting to a more traditional gameplan. The real Tiges showed themselves in the prelim, got steamrolled by a better side who would have beaten them both times in the H&A had it not been for in game injuries. If they get another magic run with injuries they might be lucky to scrape into 9th, but if their absurd luck runs out they could fall a whole lot lower....

The above is addressed to the usual Richmond peanuts, who have become a whole lot quieter of late, but a few are still lurking like elevator farts.

To the better half of this Jekyl-Hyde fanbase, I reckon you’ll do alright. No real player losses and Lynch is a big inclusion. Top four is a likelihood, and anything can happen from there. My tip is next year, similar to the last few years, whichever teams hits the richest vein of form come September will do the most damage. It’s incredibly difficult to pick, but you’ll put yourselves in the position to give yourselves a good chance.
Delicious

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
No no the competition have worked out our gameplan haven’t they? That’s all I’ve been hearing since rd 2. We’ve been the best team for half of 2017 and all of 2018 bar the end. We are just resuming natural order now, doesn’t mean we are going to win the flag however our best at the MCG is better than anyone else.
The best side performs when it counts. You were not the best team of 2018

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep they're back to being favourites, perhaps deservedly so, as their form is the best in the comp along with the Lions, and they have more of a proven record than Brisbane. Every last game bar a possible away final at Optus or the GABBA has set up a dream run for them. Let's hope it's not all smooth sailing for them lol.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Cool you finished 2 games on top in an uneven fixture.

The BEST side is a side who performs when it counts. Simple as that.
Let’s put it more clearly. We’re the best side so far since the start of 2017. That’s a large sample size and it doesn’t go too far back to include players that are not there anymore.....

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
W2 games clear on top says otherwise, we didn’t come away with the flag but we were the best side for the majority of the season.
Maybe you were. Certainly looked a very good team but finishing on top with the flawed fixtures in the AFL doesn't automatically make you the best. The only way that is true is if everyone played each other twice so that each has a home and away game against each side and that ain't gonna happen. Just ask Melbourne who had a dream fixture and thought that made them a top 4 side.

Godchin

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I always like to keep it real but I'd be disappointed if the Tiges don't roll on from here.

AliceCat

Team Captain
Jan 22, 2014
Northern Territory
AFL Club
Geelong
Just wondering at what stage Brisbane are going to get taken seriously.

I reckon they’ll roll Geelong up at the GABBA. If they beat the Tigers at the MCG in the last round then they have to be favourites surely.

Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Just wondering at what stage Brisbane are going to get taken seriously.

I reckon they’ll roll Geelong up at the GABBA. If they beat the Tigers at the MCG in the last round then they have to be favourites surely.

I think Brisbane will start to be taken seriously depending on how they playing against Geelong and us

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep they're back to being favourites, perhaps deservedly so, as their form is the best in the comp along with the Lions, and they have more of a proven record than Brisbane. Every last game bar a possible away final at Optus or the GABBA has set up a dream run for them. Let's hope it's not all smooth sailing for them lol.
How they favourites??
WC clearly are , defending premiers pretty much top 2 lock again , better side than last year and last time played Richmond pumped them.

Stop pretending to be underdogs mate it’s WC premiership to lose , the draw had opened up for you again ,absolute ideal opportunity to go b2b ,anything less and WC have pissed away a golden opportunity

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
How they favourites??
WC clearly are , defending premiers pretty much top 2 lock again , better side than last year and last time played Richmond pumped them.

Stop pretending to be underdogs mate it’s WC premiership to lose , the draw had opened up for you again ,absolute ideal opportunity to go b2b ,anything less and WC have pi**ed away a golden opportunity

GF is still played at the G, their fortress. We're not bad there either mind you. But yeah wished what you said was true. We're up there but we have to fight for it.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Cool you finished 2 games on top in an uneven fixture.

The BEST side is a side who performs when it counts. Simple as that.
Yep, clubs need to make the most of their chance as the GF is bloody hard to get to. Adelaide muffed it in 2017 and Collingwood did the same in 2018.

Adelaide is so far from it now it’s not funny. Wonder if Collingwood will get a chance to redeem themselves before they too hurtle out of contention.

WagonBang

All Australian
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Games v West Coast and Brisbane will tell in last two rounds.
West Coast I have pencilled as a loss. Brisbane have one win v Richmond since 2004 and that was 10 years ago. History isn't on their side in the fixture but who knows this year.... win them two matches and then they'd be deserved favourites going into finals..... unless Geelong find form

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Such is the even year, that the number 1 is outta form, 2 are significantly impacted with injuries, the favourite is missing their best player all year... WCE just doing their thing and Brisbane getting bumped up higher.

Not a quality year as far as memorable teams, but atleast it's unpredictable.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Such is the even year, that the number 1 is outta form, 2 are significantly impacted with injuries, the favourite is missing their best player all year... WCE just doing their thing and Brisbane getting bumped up higher.

Not a quality year as far as memorable teams, but atleast it's unpredictable.

Which favourite and which player? I'm confused.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Yeah only one it could possibly be is Richmond, but most consider Dusty their best. NN I guess has been out most of the year but then he mentioned WC.
So obviously WCE wasn't the team.

Rance is far far more important.

Back