Richmond still premiership favourites for 2019?

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is one to enter into a meaningful discussion when one starts a conversation with LOL. Kids these days...I tell ya.

Cats for mine are worthy favourites at this point in time. They've clearly played the best footy throughout the season.
Lol, they lost to freo

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Haven't read the thread but they're the team to beat for mine. Will be really hard to beat at the mcg.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
It's very hard to beat Eagles in Perth, no shame losing that. I think Tigers are capable of beating Brisbane at the Gabba though, should that eventuate. I think any top 4 final is an interesting game, none of them are givens.

It's not as hard as it should be. Port beat us, and Collingwood beat us in a game we dominated for the first half but then somehow get choked.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It's not as hard as it should be. Port beat us, and Collingwood beat us in a game we dominated for the first half but then somehow get choked.
It's not impossible of course, but how many finals do they lose there? It's probably the hardest trip in footy right now, beating Eagles in a final in Perth

JEagle

All Australian
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The bookies have it right. Eagles and Richmond should be the favourites.

We have another level we can go to which we have shown in games in 5 or 10 min bursts. The key is whether we can sustain it longer in finals.

I believe our best is the best, but we can lose focis and be scored against heavily.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
It's not impossible of course, but how many finals do they lose there? It's probably the hardest trip in footy right now, beating Eagles in a final in Perth

That is true. We seem even harder to beat there come finals.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah that'll be the big X factor, but Grimes has been huge.
Yeah we know Grimes would do a job whoever he goes to. Ideally he'd match up on Ryan but being so tall up forward I'd say he'd have to take Darling or he'd have a field day.

They are just so dangerous up forward if we allowed good clean F50 entries we'd get smashed IMO. Our pressure upfield would have to be at it's absolute best to combat that.

Would be a great grand final to watch. Next week will be huge.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I think Eagles should be favorites at this stage. Not sure we can handle their forward line, especially without Rance.
Dont try and toss favouritism at us f#%% ya!!

Youre the f#%^in favourites. Yours to lose.

Noone else is within cooey mirrors all around infinity

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not convinced yet that Richmond will be able to win all of the last three games, two of which are against teams above us that we're yet to play this season. One loss in the next three rounds will probably mean missing Top 4, and therefore we'll need to make it 9 wins in a row to sew up a double chance. It's real tough to win from outside of Top 4, and could mean two interstate finals for the Tigers just to make the granny.

I'm still into Geelong to win it, but West Coast looking most likely at present.

Dont try and toss favouritism at us f#%% ya!!

Youre the f#%^in favourites. Yours to lose.

Noone else is within cooey mirrors all around infinity
Whoever wins next Sunday will probably go in as flag favourite

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah we know Grimes would do a job whoever he goes to. Ideally he'd match up on Ryan but being so tall up forward I'd say he'd have to take Darling or he'd have a field day.

They are just so dangerous up forward if we allowed good clean F50 entries we'd get smashed IMO. Our pressure upfield would have to be at it's absolute best to combat that.

Would be a great grand final to watch. Next week will be huge.

Yeah our forward line is so versatile and so dangerous. Hard to really match up on us, maybe a zone defence works better, I dunno. But will be interesting to see how the two contrasting gamestyles match up atm. Would love to see a WC Richmond GF.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Yeah our forward line is so versatile and so dangerous. Hard to really match up on us, maybe a zone defence works better, I dunno. But will be interesting to see how the two contrasting gamestyles match up atm. Would love to see a WC Richmond GF.

Be really interesting in a coupla weeks - if they roll us hard you might not be so interested in that matchup.

I think with their form at the pointy end of the season it would be great to see them in a gf - danger of a blow out but

Id love another nailbiter gf like last year

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Be really interesting in a coupla weeks - if they roll us hard you might not be so interested in that matchup.

I think with their form at the pointy end of the season it would be great to see them in a gf - danger of a blow out but

Id love another nailbiter gf like last year

Yes, although if it's close or if we beat them, watch out.

I dunno, 3 nailbiter GFs since 05 will do me lol.

Back