Richmond. The rebuild to the 2017 premiership (Review on 2016-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you will find Harolad set some bait of his own.

Comparing one of our fringe midfielders to a premiership captain would seem a bit obvious to most of us but it seems to have worked well for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh was that a player... I must have misread it..thought he was talking about meningitis

Our players are all winners though. They consistently beat other sides and make the top 2/top 4. Richmond are established losers. Cotch, Rance, Martin, Riewoldt all under 50% win percentage, won 3 finals (first in 2017).

Making a projection for next season using logic. It would be highly unlikely all of a sudden for Richmond to become winners as well as Geelong to become losers. People have been tipping is to become losers for 5 years. Aint happening anytime soon (and it's currently our flag to lose). But don't see Richmond becoming winners all of a sudden, think you had a Bulldogs year and will recede back to your true nature.

For your top 4 to be stronger every stat that's been consistent for the past decade will have to magically flip. I wish you good fortune with that. But it aint happening.
You're funny
In a delusional inbred numpty kinda way
But funny all the same
Go you

Carlisle Ross Bruce Billings Acres Gresham McCartin Membrey Newnes Steele Roberton Webster Weller Dunstan
Fair enough.
Lots of young talent there.
Reckon if you compare it to the GWS and Melbourne group around the same age they might come up a bit short.
Hope they develop as you expect.

Don’t doubt his role is important but lots of clubs have important role players
We have Stewart taking a defender to free up Daniher and hooker. Wouldn’t call him elite
If we’re talking pure elite talent, I’d say the tigers have 3 in martin, Cotchin and Rance
Which is where a few teams are
I wouldn’t classify Jack as elite now either. But averages 50 goals a season so is definitely in the top bracket of forwards still.

As for your Stewart comparison, I think that’s a way off. Stewart’s a role player , but I’d hope that when he’s at his peak he’d output similar to Townsend did for us this year. Defensive forward who applies pressure and kicks goals. Think he could get there.

Geelong didn't really have a standout gun KPF between 07-11, I mean Mooney was solid without being a star. I think we need to look at the spine for a side on the make, that's why I really like the Bombers and Swans. If the Eagles could get a couple of A grade midfielders then i reckon they'd go straight back into top 4 contention. Maybe Gaff and Shuey can be those players next year?

For mine the swans lack of pace is a concern
As is the bombers lack of a defensive mindset to date... Fix that and the bombers have huge potential...
As much as I rate Gaff I think the job he does is excellent but I don't think he can evolve into anything else...
Now the Dees on the other hand just need to develop consistently and a tougher mindset all the pieces are their....

Come on its 46 elites, the whole list is something the other 17 clubs can only look upon in envy.
It's important for their own development that other clubs are honest with themselves about this fact. Rather than sending their players on a boot camp clubs should look at spending time at Punt Road studying and analyzing the way an elite club and it's players go about their business. They won't be allowed into the ground but they can watch from behind the fence and try to pick up those little 1% ers that make Richmond what they are. The Richmond football club would be happy to provide light refreshments, at a small cost, and our representatives would be happy to provide a few tips to these other clubs on how Richmond became the elite powerhouse they currently are. Please contact Head office for further details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, I forgot to mention itsy bitsy little stadiums that should never be allowed to host big important games like a final with Richmond in it.
That was Richmond’s first important game in nearly 20 years.

That was Richmond’s first important game in nearly 20 years.
True and that's why it could never be played at Kardinia Park unless the Cats supporters gave up their seats and even then it wouldn't be enough. We are Richmond and probably the real reason they had to keep making the stadiums at the 'G bigger. We can not be contained in small environments. We are bigger and better than that. No offence.

True and that's why it could never be played at Kardinia Park unless the Cats supporters gave up their seats and even then it wouldn't be enough. We are Richmond and probably the real reason they had to keep making the stadiums at the 'G bigger. We can not be contained in small environments. We are bigger and better than that. No offence.
Are all Richmond accounts satire?

I can now see why so many Hawk fans dislike/hate Cats fans. Since that Qualifying Final, i have never seen so much sooking and saltiness towards Richmond. Really poor and has changed my view on Cats supporters as a whole. Minus 'Gavin Excell' (well done son) and a few others, the rest are just little sooks. The disgraceful turn-out at that Final from your supporters was pathetic, especially considering the amount of success Cats fans have had over the past few decades. Small, insignificant, minnow club that you are. Go Tigers! 2017 Premiers! :)

Guess what mate ? Richmond are the big dog in this town and they have just won th e flag, and people don’t want to discuss minnow clubs like the dees

By "big dogs" I assume you are conceding that you are very likely to do a 2017 bulldogs this year?

Melbourne have played in twice as many grand finals as Richmond in the last 35 years. Sure, they haven't won one in that time, but 1 flag and 4 spoons in over 35 years, and suddenly Richmond fans are throwing around 'minnow' insults.

Does that mean you think I'm funny? If so I'm glad but there really is nothing funny about Richmond. The AFL has never been faced with the threat that Richmond look like becoming. It's scary for the rest of the competition and that's why I recommend other clubs coming to study our club and players. Even as a Richmond supporter I hope for an even competition and not one where Richmond dominate every year. Really. The future looks bleak for too many other supporters. The AFL may have to introduce a handicap system. Richmond can only have 16 on the field or something like that.

Does that mean you think I'm funny? If so I'm glad but there really is nothing funny about Richmond. The AFL has never been faced with the threat that Richmond look like becoming. It's scary for the rest of the competition and that's why I recommend other clubs coming to study our club and players. Even as a Richmond supporter I hope for an even competition and not one where Richmond dominate every year. Really. The future looks bleak for too many other supporters. The AFL may have to introduce a handicap system. Richmond can only have 16 on the field or something like that.
Thanks for answering my question :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back