Richmond. The rebuild to the 2017 premiership (Review on 2016-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

They might have missed the boat...players losing value each game...rebuild is definitely needed. Not good enough barely making the top 8 and then losing easily in the finals...need players who bring confidence in each other and show leadership material.

Nothing is changing with richmond while most other clubs are progressing. Fans deserve better...you need to build a list to challenge for premierships and not just barely make the finals.

Too many average players. Invest in the youth, take some courage and make hard calls before its too late.

Cotchin isn't going to lead this side to any finals glory...its doing more harm to him than any good...
Yes the fans have deserved better since 1982. This season is nothing new. The previous three were. It would be very hard for supporters of teams that consistently do well to understand the journey. Perhaps only Melbourne and possibly St Kilda supporters get it. I say possibly Saints fans because when their team came good it challenged on the last day for flags multiple times.

Collapsed seasons like this are the norm. Passionately following a club no less so than any others teams fans is constantly made painful because Richmond give their fans what most other teams don't, ongoing failure.

Until they lift, I hope the Dogs go all the way in 2016.

Lol pretty funny comment from a poster with a user name Gysberts to Bate.

We are horrible. Don't think Vickery is a star, but we have worse.

When Chaplin/Hunt are getting a regular gig you know you're cooked.

Hardwick the luckiest man in football.
I changed my username to G2B last year :)

Yes the fans have deserved better since 1982. This season is nothing new. The previous three were. It would be very hard for supporters of teams that consistently do well to understand the journey. Perhaps only Melbourne and possibly St Kilda supporters get it. I say possibly Saints fans because when their team came good it challenged on the last day for flags multiple times.

Collapsed seasons like this are the norm. Passionately following a club no less so than any others teams fans is constantly made painful because Richmond give their fans what most other teams don't, ongoing failure.

Until they lift, I hope the Dogs go all the way in 2016.

You guys havent been as bad as melbourne in the last decade anyway. I just don't think this list is premiership material. Its more hope that they can make the finals and possibly do some damage rather than the actual belief they can win the flag.

Sooner jack riewoldt becomes the captain the more passion you'll get out of the players. Cotchin just doesn't seem like a leader/captain that inspire confidence in others.

? Rance Astbury
Houli ? Vlastuin
Ellis Martin Deledio
Lennon ? ?
Rioli Reiwoldt Lloyd
Maric Cotchin Miles
C.Ellis, Menadue, Yarran, Edwards

Imo tigers lack another kpf, another kpd and 2 or 3 decent midfielders. Alot of holes.

Last edited:
? Rance Astbury
Houli ? Vlastuin
Ellis Martin Deledio
Lennon ? ?
Rioli Reiwoldt Lloyd
Maric Cotchin Miles
C.Ellis, Menadue, ?, Lambert

Imo tigers lack another kpf another kpd
A fit Grimes would walk into the team, pity a fit Grimes doesn't exist. Vickery is fine when he plays Full Forward, not a great ruck. Shove Kamdyn McIntosh in there aswell, runs all night, just needs to work on decision making

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never seen a coach walking across the ground carrying a backpack before. And Williams next to him without a worry in the world on his 200k lol.

They rely too much on too few, while people bag Cotchin the second tier has just not stepped up to take some heat off of the core group and the core group is too small a group.

Need to get some quality hard nuts in there.

Richmond are the biggest pretenders in the league, and that's not even trolling. How anybody could rate them despite losing three finals games in a row i beyond me. They should be 0-4 if not for some poor umpiring that cost the Blues the game round 1. Time to sack dimma, oh wait they just re-signed him. I can't see them getting out of this hole anytime soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back