Richmond - the time has come

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf are you talking about? Richmond supporters said Darcy Moore was hopeless? If anyone did, that is clueless. He's a star.

But I challenge you to quote one who described Corey Ellis as a cross between Deledio and Pendlebury. Or anyone who said Hardwick was the best coach going around.

Or are you just talking more s**t?

Cellis is a gun.
Has natural ability in bucketloads to share around and reads the play almost 1.5 in front. This kid has a sixth sense and ive always had heaps of accolades for lids but Cellis will leap ahead of him in anbig way if he stays fit and gets a couple of preseasons under his belt.
Being fair this kid could be pendelbury and lids rolled into one.
If he plays mostly midfield in three years time cellis will rack up brownlow votes as well.

There you go. And if you go back and follow on that thread you will see the comments about how 'crap' Moore is. All in the thread titled "Corey Silk Ellis"

Trent Cotchin
Jack Riewoldt
Brett Deledio
Brandon Ellis
Shane Edwards
Reece Conca
Nick Vlastuin

Pick four of these players and trade them for as many picks as you can get. Just smash the draft.

Whatever the system is at Punt road, it hasnt worked. Richmond;s list has the smallest amount of upside in the competition.

Surely the recruitment staff have to be held accountable. Its now or never for Hardwick and his staff. Make a bold decision.
:$
Whose list has the least upside?

Horseshit OP.
Correct. :cool:

Keep sticking your head in the sand.

At the moment you are an irrelevant football club.
Who's an irrelevant football club? :rolleyes:

Diasagree. Don't trade for Yarran and you could have got a highly regarded inside mid like Dunkley which is a massive need at Richmond. Instead you take punt on a guy with well known issues and recruit a spud like Townsend.
You mean Mr September? Traded for pick 70, by the way.

Guess we will have to disagree. Time will tell.

Not trying to be smart but can you point to a post 20 pick in the last seven years that has netted you a quality player like Johannisen and Dahlhaus (both rookie picks) or Daniel (46)?

And can you explain not recruiting a ruck when Luey was an FA and Smith went to Geelong for peanuts?

I would note however that we have already brought in 12 teenagers in the previous two off-seasons. In an even draft such as this one, it would be better to offload the likes of Vickery and Brandon Ellis for picks around 20 than sell our genuine stars, all of whom are young enough to get another crack at it.

This is what media sheep and opposition fans ignorant of Richmond's list don't get when they tell us we need to rebuild: we've been rebuilding since the end of 2014. We just haven't finished yet.
I'm glad we kept Ellis but everything else in this post is spot-on.

Added in the 2014 drafts: Corey Ellis (pick 12, BOG in VFL semi last week, in our best 3 in the elimination final, still hasn't had a full pre-season), Connor Menadue (pick 33, developing beautifully), Nathan Drummond (pick 50, 2 ACLs), Dan Butler (pick 67, injury-riddled until this year, 27 goals in his first year at AFL level, a key part of our record-breaking pressure game), Jayden Short (rookie draft, developing beautifully), Jason Castagna (rookie draft, 24 goals this year, a key part of our record-breaking pressure game), Kane Lambert (rookie draft, very good 2nd-tier AFL mid), Ivan Soldo (rookie draft, developing beautifully).
2015 drafts: Dan Rioli (pick 15, best pressure player in the league, has the family magic), Oleg Markov (pick 50, developing beautifully, unlucky to be dropped last week), Nathan Broad (pick 67, cemented his spot in the best defence in the comp). Callum Moore and Mabior Chol (rookies) developing nicely as KPF and KPD respectively, in the VFL).

That was the mini-rebuild I told you all about and none of you credited us with.

Oh wow you are deluded... you have been 20 years into a rebuild and don't give me this thing about your team has an abundance of promising youth coming through because it ain't true.
What's that now? :huh:

Yes it is.
See?

no it's not.
Yeah, it is. :cool:

Tigers planning to have a big trade period, and hit the draft.

Expect to see some big moves and potential offers (and players being offered) by Richmond this off-season.

They are very keen to shake off the perception they are poor trade period performers, and get the side going again
This was a good post. And what happened? We got Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis and Graham (19 years old, pick 53, 6 tackles in the first quarter of his first final, in his third game) for a combined cost of picks 7, 46 and 64 (2016) and pick 35ish this year.

Oh, plus Shai Bolton at pick 29. The kid is brilliance personified.

Keep Rance, Riewoldt and Martin, the rest should be on the table. Take the captaincy off Cotchin, far too soft on field.
:$:$:$:$:$
:oops::oops::oops::oops:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

:cool:

Last edited:

:$
Whose list has the least upside?

Correct. :cool:

Who's an irrelevant football club? :rolleyes:

You mean Mr September? Traded for pick 70, by the way.

I'm glad we kept Ellis but everything else in this post is spot-on.

Added in the 2014 drafts: Corey Ellis (pick 12, BOG in VFL semi last week, in our best 3 in the elimination final, still hasn't had a full pre-season), Connor Menadue (pick 33, developing beautifully), Nathan Drummond (pick 50, 2 ACLs), Dan Butler (pick 67, injury-riddled until this year, 27 goals in his first year at AFL level, a key part of our record-breaking pressure game), Jayden Short (rookie draft, developing beautifully), Jason Castagna (rookie draft, 24 goals this year, a key part of our record-breaking pressure game), Kane Lambert (rookie draft, very good 2nd-tier AFL mid), Ivan Soldo (rookie draft, developing beautifully).
2015 drafts: Dan Rioli (pick 15, best pressure player in the league, has the family magic), Oleg Markov (pick 50, developing beautifully, unlucky to be dropped last week), Nathan Broad (pick 67, cemented his spot in the best defence in the comp). Callum Moore and Mabior Chol (rookies) developing nicely as KPF and KPD respectively, in the VFL).

That was the mini-rebuild I told you all about and none of you credited us with.

What's that now? :huh:

See?

Yeah, it is. :cool:

This was a good post. And what happened? We got Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis and Graham (19 years old, pick 53, 6 tackles in the first quarter of his first final, in his third game) for a combined cost of picks 7, 46 and 64 (2016) and pick 35ish this year.

Oh, plus Shai Bolton at pick 29. The kid is brilliance personified.

:$:$:$:$:$
:oops::oops::oops::oops:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

:cool:

Good to see Tiges fans up and about after their second finals win this millennium. :rainbow::thumbsu:

M8 I refer you to my first post in this thread. Kudos to the Tiges for pretty much doing everything I suggested - could have saved a shedload of coin by just reading this thread. :cool:

Good to see Tiges fans up and about after their second finals win this millennium. :rainbow::thumbsu:

M8 I refer you to my first post in this thread. Kudos to the Tiges for pretty much doing everything I suggested - could have saved a shedload of coin by just reading this thread. :cool:
The problem is the Tiges recruiters are ordinary. They wouldn't want trade a gun and then waste the picks like they did when they traded Ottens.

Reckon they'd be crazy to trade Jack or Rance or even Cotch. Lids is overpaid, injured and not much currency IMO.

For that reason I'd sack their recruiters after the draft and trade into next years draft while using assets to raid GWS for ready made player they didn't draft.

1 - Martin to GWS for Steele, Marchbank and Hoskin Elliot. Nope

2 - p6 and Vickery comp pick to GCS for Prestia and next years second rd. Close enough.Tick

3 - Campbell from Dogs for 2nd or 3rd rd Nope

4 - Vickery end of 2nd rd FA comp Close enough. Tick

5 - Ellis and Lennon for future second rds. Nope

6 - conca to WC for Lamb Nope
Everything you suggested eh? Two our of 6 aint terrible though. Not exactly great, but not terrible.

Everything you suggested eh? Two our of 6 aint terrible though. Not exactly great, but not terrible.

Some Mayo. But nice that the Tiges also sacked the recruiting guru FJ from head recruiter as I suggested.

Was keen for you to trade Lids but who'd have thunk GWS would be so stupid to overpay. Well done.

And yeah Campbell didn't happen for a mid pick but Nank did. Strategy spot on.

Got Martin wrong but hey who knew that deporting his worst influence would have such positive effect?

was thinking about this today.
if the tigers had known this was achievable they should have thrown their 2018 1st up for Prestia instead of 2017
Going by Hardwick's comments last season he believed we would bounce straight back into finals, believing this is the best list he has had at Punt Rd, so there is history that he knew. For all we know maybe they did try that, but 2018 is a long way away. Our list is very well balanced, just missing a quality KPF.

Going by Hardwick's comments last season he believed we would bounce straight back into finals, believing this is the best list he has had at Punt Rd, so there is history that he knew. For all we know maybe they did try that, but 2018 is a long way away. Our list is very well balanced, just missing a quality KPF.
meant 2016/2017, not 2018.
my bad.

The gloating comes after you win the flags lads. Holy s**t if you lose to an interstate side in the prelim the backlash will be off the charts

Haha love this. Its gone from "haha you wont make finals" to "hahaha youll choke and miss top 4 and go out in an elim" to then "hahah youll go out in straight sets" to now "hahaha omg if you lose in a prelim to an interstate side thats so richmondy, massive choke"

What a rise for the tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gloating comes after you win the flags lads. Holy s**t if you lose to an interstate side in the prelim the backlash will be off the charts
We were told last year we needed a full rebuild. I argued (correctly) that we had already been rebuilding, but our critics hadn't noticed. I was ridiculed. I'm entitled to point out to all those people just how stupid they now look, and remind them that I was right. Whether we win or lose next week or the week after, this thread is and always was a load of horseshit, which I argued from the get-go.

So yeah, maybe I'm gloating about that, if that's what you want to call it. I don't care.

Haha love this. Its gone from "haha you wont make finals" to "hahaha youll choke and miss top 4 and go out in an elim" to then "hahah youll go out in straight sets" to now "hahaha omg if you lose in a prelim to an interstate side thats so richmondy, massive choke"

What a rise for the tiges.
Yep, seems everyone is just waiting for a laugh, bt the point the laughing begins keeps being pushed back and back, and back.

Whatever happens from here, Richmond's season deserves a comprehensive tick.

Your pretty up yourself since considering your club has only won its second flag in its entire history and you could not even defend it lol

Your pretty up yourself since considering your club has only won its second flag in its entire history and you could not even defend it lol

Hey man I'm just enjoying the last month of reigning premier status. It's been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back