Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be the most one sided GF since 2007. Rich will be 12 goals + in front at 3/4 time, and then just a matter of how many GWS kick in junk time as to what the final margin ends up at. Real shame, because coll v rich would have been a genuine contest

he sees the irony,dont worry bout that...what hes saying is they can afford to give all those top 10 draft picks away(theyre all the ones that butcher the ball under pressure by the way) & yet they still have a list full of top 10 draft picks...GET IT...luxuries afforded my friend
I'm glad someone understands.

You want to act like a little w***er then you will get responded to in kind. Enjoy GF weekend off.
You don't joke about incest and think you will get away with it. Now I know you get paid to go to matches but you can just follow the nrl midweek.

Look forward to this one, GWS need to keep it tight and tough. If they let Richmond run and gun the game is done. Should be a beauty of a game

Maybe maybe not.

Cotchin, Edwards, Prestia, Lambert are pretty reliable.

Would love to see Marlion Pickett thrown into the mix

Dusty, Lynch, Riewoldt etc. sometimes dont need many opportunities.
If Dusty, Lynch and Riewollt catch fire the Tigers by a canter. There lies the difference Dusty, Lynch and Riewoldt are fare more dangerous than a banged up Ben Reid and Miocheck who lets be honest is an honest worker but he is no super star

he sees the irony,dont worry bout that...what hes saying is they can afford to give all those top 10 draft picks away(theyre all the ones that butcher the ball under pressure by the way) & yet they still have a list full of top 10 draft picks...GET IT...luxuries afforded my friend
That’s a cop out, and a load of rubbish. You don’t just slap together a bunch of draftees and say ‘you’re the best, make it work’. It’s taken them 8 years to make a GF and develop a style that will last in finals. Were Gold Coast not given a significant number of picks as well? Might have to do with the rubbish culture they facilitated and maintained.

That’s a cop out, and a load of rubbish. You don’t just slap together a bunch of draftees and say ‘you’re the best, make it work’. It’s taken them 8 years to make a GF and develop a style that will last in finals. Were Gold Coast not given a significant number of picks as well? Might have to do with the rubbish culture they facilitated and maintained.
No one is saying just throwing 10 players together will make them good

But is it much easier to build a side when you get decent picks to work with? Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah mate. You were calling him inbred.

Notice how basically every supporter base is saying you’re being embarrassing? It probably means you should look inward.
Actually no. I asked a question. Which was also in regards to his member numbers.

Please show where I actually called him that.

Yes I'm gutted that 3 people have called me out.and I'm sure I'll get a message from a mod soon. Stunned.

If you can't take it don't give it.

Actually no. I asked a question. Which was also in regards to his member numbers.

Please show where I actually called him that.

Yes I'm gutted that 3 people have called me out.and I'm sure I'll get a message from a mod soon. Stunned.

If you can't take it don't give it.
The implication of your question is clear. You’re arguing semantics to run away.

Not only do you not understand where the line is, you’re a coward.

Pretty sure he’s referring to struggling to hold players due to less cap.
And yes. He mentioned those players and said gws could discard them, because they had other good players waiting in the wings.

I don’t get this defence of GWS getting a leg up. Their supporters should be happy they got it, and be thankful. Not defensive and whinging at other fans for disliking it.

You’re not going to see too many local clubs being happy if an opponent got extra points/cap/the league gave them extra cash. It’s no different at top level.

Be happy with the advantages, but don’t expect others to be happy about it (thisgoes for all clubs)
What do you expect the AFL to do with a new investment in one of the largest growth areas in the country? Give them a few advertising boards and some brand new footballs? Other clubs need to accept the fact it’s the AFL, and it’s a national game with expansion capability.

Look at Melbourne? How many top picks were we given through the lean years? Plenty upon plenty. What have we achieved? Plus the AFL has topped up our coffers. I don’t think supporters of other clubs get to pay out on these concessions the Giants got. Collingwood for example blew a GF last year and a chance at a GF this year.

GWS have good talent, but confident we’ve got the experience and running power in our legs to get over the top.

- 1 day less break
- played a tough, contested, wet slog which would’ve been harder on their legs/bodies (Giants stopped dead in that last quarter and had to hold on for dear life)
- potentially playing underdone players (mainly Davis and Coniglio)

Results also show we have a much better record at the MCG than Collingwood. We play that ground better than any other co-tenant.

It’ll be a tough match, close for the majority - but think we’ll get over the top with a 3-4 goal win.

Should be a fantastic game.

We have experience on our side, but GWS definitely have the talent and hunger to win.

I am confident especially since Giants have a lot of sore bodies and. Reckon they’ll be all over us early, but will panic under pressure late (due to lack of GF experience) and we’ll win a close one

Are the tigers playing as well as the results show? Should have been further behind against the lions at qtr time and cats 4 goals up at half time. I have tigers favorites but definitely not unstoppable
Who is saying we're unstoppable? I certainly haven't read such on Big Footy or the shows I've been watching. Defiantly far from that & GWS are way overs. Most talented list in the comp and bringing in 3 genuine A graders back into the side.
My nerves are already kicking in & its only fricking Monday!

What do you expect the AFL to do with a new investment in one of the largest growth areas in the country? Give them a few advertising boards and some brand new footballs? Other clubs need to accept the fact it’s the AFL, and it’s a national game with expansion capability.

Look at Melbourne? How many top picks were we given through the lean years? Plenty upon plenty. What have we achieved? Plus the AFL has topped up our coffers. I don’t think supporters of other clubs get to pay out on these concessions the Giants got. Collingwood for example blew a GF last year and a chance at a GF this year.
I literally said:
No one is saying just throwing 10 players together will make them good

But is it much easier to build a side when you get decent picks to work with? Yes.

You’re arguing against a point NOONE made.

On one hand you’re saying the AFL had to give them a leg up, and then you’re saying it wasn’t a leg up because melbourne and Carlton * picks up.

It’s a leg up. They needed it to be competitive. Do opposition fans need to be happy about that? No. Did the afl need to do it to ensure the club became successful? Yes.

De Boer v Dusty (which you’d assume is the match up) will be a cracker. De Boer took him to the cleaners earlier in the year but Dusty is in rare form right now. You might hear the phrase ‘untaggable in current form’ but he hasn’t had to deal with De Boer in current form. Hopefully our other mids help him out, I reckon if he can even have just half a quarter burst it goes a long way for us.

I literally said:

You’re arguing against a point NOONE made.

On one hand you’re saying the AFL had to give them a leg up, and then you’re saying it wasn’t a leg up because melbourne and Carlton fu** picks up.

It’s a leg up. They needed it to be competitive. Do opposition fans need to be happy about that? No. Did the afl need to do it to ensure the club became successful? Yes.
No, I am saying GWS used their top talent better due to having better football programs than Melbourne and Carlton.

Back