Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As if Grahams shoulder isn’t as bad as first thought. The f****** thing popped out 4 times and he can’t tackle. Sydney ruckman Sinclair did it this year, came back on and popped it out again and wasn’t sighted for weeks. Its a major injury that you don’t take into a GF
100% agree. Can't play him, far too great a risk to bring in to the only game that matters now. He pops it early and we have a one armed midfielder for the rest of the match and we are cooked.
He's not a top 10 player, you don't run this risk for a foot soldier.

Hey guys, been following the Giants since their inception and am absolutely excited by their overdue grand final appearance. However due to a set of very unfortunate events, internet went out one day, had to do some work another and violently ill another, I'm chasing a ticket for Saturday.

Bless. Up the mighty Gaints!

Lets not try to reinvent the wheel - all day wet slippery conditions favour big bodies, that's an established fact.
GWS will thrive in stoppages which due, to the conditions will increase, and then press home their advantage of strength around the ball.

Your guy will get ragged dolled - infact many of your supporters have been lamenting the size of your team as a vulnerability frequently during the year.
It's nothing new.

The only thing that beats GWS on a wet day like Saturday, will be fatigue from that taxing game.
You dont watch much richmond footy do you. Or listen to the media or read bigfooty regarding the tiges. If you did, you'd know we only won the flag because it rained. We only beat west coast because it rained and on and on and on.
Doesnt change the fact that we actually are the best wet weather team in the comp

I know!!!!!!
Last 15 Grand Finals the less experienced GF side has won just as much as they've lost. 04, 07, 08, 10, 12, 16.

05, 06, 17 both sides were equally inexperienced.

09, 11, 13, 14, 15, 18 were won by more experienced sides.

So it's 6-6 over the last 15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of GWS drive from the weekend came from half back and then they used their skill to switch and run into the forward line. Don't know this will be easy to do again as Ricmond have the talls to bomb it to and play a swarm style. Geelong really had Richmond worried first half by not allowing quick flow off half back and then getting into a dynamic forward line. Richmond breaking back into the contest allowed them to swarm and get it deep to an on fire Lynch.

If both sides go toe to toe I just see Richmond being able to do it for longer. As is said it is bloody obvious how to beat Richmond executing it thou is bloody hard. Their game is just finals built and has safe guards to to withhold pressure. De Boer to Martin and maybe a Tomlinson or other tagger I'd send to Houli or Vlaustin to curb their drive and slow the tigers ball movement. Cameron and Finlayson should rotate with 1 deep and 1 on their bike (similar to Lynch and Riewoldt).

Tigers by 20
Houli Norm Smith

You dont watch much richmond footy do you. Or listen to the media or read bigfooty regarding the tiges. If you did, you'd know we only won the flag because it rained. We only beat west coast because it rained and on and on and on.
Doesnt change the fact that we actually are the best wet weather team in the comp
We also only beat the Giants at the G this year and 2017 because it rained.

Why are we talking rain anyway? Just Checked forecast it’s predicting a beautiful day.
Weather will not be a factor. Experience will not be a factor.

Injuries not a factor, both clubs missing critical players.

No excuses this year for either side. The best team on the day will win it and deserve the win. Can’t wait for first bounce.

The closer this game gets, the more worried I am by our slow starts this month. Sure we’ve been able to peg them back, but I really don’t think I can handle the stress this time. The Cats game nearly killed me.

Weather will not be a factor. Experience will not be a factor.

Injuries not a factor, both clubs missing critical players.

No excuses this year for either side. The best team on the day will win it and deserve the win. Can’t wait for first bounce.

Dont count on it ... if Richmond get any goal from a free kick it will be #freekickrichmond even though the total count will be 25 frees against to 14.

my fear is this game parallels the 2001 AFL grand final

Essendon were clearly the best side for 3 years and only have 1 flag to show for it. That game was a real change of the guard

Tiges clearly best side for the past 3 years with 1* flag so far to show for it. Would surprise nobody if GWS can get a healthy list and start a dynasty
Not really the same imo. Essendon were clearly the best in 99 and 00, and finished top again in 01; whereas Adelaide were the best in 2017 but the tigers played them off the park in the GF. Last year Richmond were definitely the best but they weren't again this year. Essendon should have won two flags, whereas I think it's fair that Richmond only have one from the last two. That Essendon team didn't achieve as much as what they should have, as you say, but I think richmond's achievements are fair enough at this point.

Having said that, Brisbane won three in a row without finishing first once. The best finals teams aren't necessarily the best HA teams. Pressure, knockout, only 4 weeks so can push harder, potentially less travelling depending upon ladder position.

Back