Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

how were richmond going in 1986 before the Eagles and bears joined
You must can't read which part of I don't care what happened back then didn't you understand? I wasn't even born then like I give a s**t! The salt from you lot is embaressing! I'll repeat myself for the last time. If you dont like it piss off back to the WAFL or NEAFL. It's not bloody rocket science, simple solution.

Last edited:
So funny to watch the experts tipping the giants as the week progressed... mark mcclure... seriously what a dinosaur.

Yeah I think every footy show I watched had half the supposed expert panel tipping GWS and the other half saying it would be "very close". Also on here and other forums people really thought they had a good chance, maybe it was just wishful thinking

Expansion team supporters and most interstate supporters don't have much sympathy for the tin-rattling years.
You've had over 100 years to get it right, in our eyes.
It's well known that a national comp makes the Vic teams stronger. No one is talking about Vic teams folding since GC & GWS started.

Saying that, RFC has achieved great things by finally harnessing all that generational support and building a powerful team and club in a few years.
Fully deserve their success and respect.
Everything else is just noise.

And eradicated
Expansion team supporters and most interstate supporters don't have much sympathy for the tin-rattling years.
You've had over 100 years to get it right, in our eyes.
It's well known that a national comp makes the Vic teams stronger. No one is talking about Vic teams folding since GC & GWS started.

Saying that, RFC has achieved great things by finally harnessing all that generational support and building a powerful team and club in a few years.
Fully deserve their success and respect.
Everything else is just noise.

And eradicated 6 mill debt without afl assitancevand had to build a list during compromised drafts when u guys were gifted draft picks galore and access to the best 17 yo in the land.

And eradicated

And eradicated 6 mill debt without afl assitancevand had to build a list during compromised drafts when u guys were gifted draft picks galore and access to the best 17 yo in the land.
YAWN :weary:- you still going on about that. How many flags have GC and GWS won?
How else could the AFL have set up those clubs? One club did it well and the other is a basket case, draft picks are only a tiny part of the picture.
How many of those 17 yo are now playing at other clubs as developed players? Most of them have filtered back into other lists.

Some Vic clubs were carrying huge debt because it was self-inflicted. I heartily applaud teams that dragged themselves out of debt, I want all clubs to be financially viable.

Well, four years AFTER they joined, Richmond were rattling tins at Punt Road. Save Our Skins.
We got ZERO help from the Bears, Eagles or VFL/AFL.
In fact, I believe Carlton gave us a hand with the legends game at Windy Hill.
We got ZERO help when GC & GWS entered, we were rock bottom and facing compromised drafts and we have clawed our way to the top on the back of hard work, great governance, a massive supporter base, astute drafting, trading and recruiting.
2017 and 2019 were earned not gifted.
we got help from Footscray of all places , to be remembered

YAWN :weary:- you still going on about that. How many flags have GC and GWS won?
How else could the AFL have set up those clubs? One club did it well and the other is a basket case, draft picks are only a tiny part of the picture.
How many of those 17 yo are now playing at other clubs as developed players? Most of them have filtered back into other lists.

Some Vic clubs were carrying huge debt because it was self-inflicted. I heartily applaud teams that dragged themselves out of debt, I want all clubs to be financially viable.

missing the point...Melbourne got massive debt relief from the AFL as did Norf. Tigers did it on their own during a compromised draft period so unlike Carlton who have been able to build during a non-compromised period . The AFL paid for Melbourne's CEO ffs, so the tigers have done it harder than most and deserve full credit.

missing the point...Melbourne got massive debt relief from the AFL as did Norf. Tigers did it on their own during a compromised draft period so unlike Carlton who have been able to build during a non-compromised period . The AFL paid for Melbourne's CEO ffs, so the tigers have done it harder than most and deserve full credit.
I do give them full credit. FWIW.

they are drinking from the afl draft water, half these blokes that picked GWS have been paid, or are being paid by the AFL/GWS
I think you've been drinking your bath water.

But, I get the point. In hindsight it was easy to predict the shellacking.
GWS were a flawed team but still found a way, which is what good teams do.
RFC were as magnificent as the Giants were terrible.

Steve J
Kevin Sheedy
Dermie
Bartel

all picked GWS

and David King, he was just trying to be coll but he never gets anything right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The salt in here is delicious.

Only up to page 86, still 100 to go, this is gunna be most enjoyable reading all the melts.

Lolling at the nuffies whinging at the umpiring, yeah that was the difference!!!!

Well, four years AFTER they joined, Richmond were rattling tins at Punt Road. Save Our Skins.
We got ZERO help from the Bears, Eagles or VFL/AFL.
In fact, I believe Carlton gave us a hand with the legends game at Windy Hill.
We got ZERO help when GC & GWS entered, we were rock bottom and facing compromised drafts and we have clawed our way to the top on the back of hard work, great governance, a massive supporter base, astute drafting, trading and recruiting.
2017 and 2019 were earned not gifted.
Didn't we recruit Jarred Oakley-Nicholls on the back of video footage and never actually watching him live? Then all we could recruit originally through FA were the superstars of Taylor Hunt (delisted FA), Chris Knights and Troy Chaplin. Picked up workmen like people in Pettard, Hampson and then absolute spuds like Tommy Hislop, that other bloke from Port, Mitch Farmer, Nason, Post.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the Giants were terrible. I think it was just like the prelim last year against the Pies. Astbury had his Gastro and was then asked to try and play on Cox who decided to pull a game out of the Arse dimension and was clunking everything like Cloke did that one game where he wore a new glove that got banned a week later and Dusty had a major corkie and didn't want to run. Add to that just the suburb amount of space we let Collingwood's most damaging outside player have and we were always going to get killed.

You guys just hit the wall and hit it hard in terms of personal. I would have to agree with a few people that it possibly would of been disheartening to see Davis struggle through his fitness test 1 hour before the game and you were missing Ward who is just a talisman in the middle. Add to that Whitfield who spent less than 10 days in recovery after surgery and could only kick on his non-preferred foot. The Granny just threw another spanner into the works for the debate of the pre-finals bye as we really only played 3 games in 5 weeks leading in.

Ahhhhhh so Kochie caught on to our devillish GF day plan - subliminal tunes ;)

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch hits out at Richmond Grand Final advantage

"Port Adelaide chairman Koch, who attended the AFL grand final with rival Crows chairman Rob Chapman, said he heard the MCG scoreboard and sound system play the tiger roar, which has been used toe celebrate Richmond goals during home matches at the home of football this season. "

"Koch told FIVEaa Radio on Tuesday morning he is concerned by the advantages given to Melbourne-based clubs after busting the MCG scoreboard breaking neutrality in the grand final. "

We don't need any trades - just more boomboxes :D

Back