Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yea I think your right richmond would have won against Collingwood in this type of form.

I know what i posted sounded really arrogant, but, we were on on Saturday.

Tiger Mopsy

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester City
Not trying to stir anyone up, but Grimes' staging is a blight on the game.
Not only gets away with it, he's incentivized to keep on doing it by the umps. Awful.
Obviously a good player, not calling him a hack.

No point focussing on Grimes if you want to get rid of staging. Fact is they all do it.

Cox, Danger, Selwood, Walters, Cameron etc etc etc all guilty of it.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
West Coast supporters lately have really taken a turn. It's like the worst aspects of the Geelong and collingwood supporter base got drunk and ****ed and sent their twisted progeny over to WA to be raised by the dealers that hang out by the skips behind hungry jacks.

PHanevski

Debutant
Jul 5, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Which was more enjoyable for tigers fans

17 or 19
Hard to say, 17 I was nervous all game and only really believed that we had won it when Butler kicked the goal in the last quarter. When I looked back that happened when we were over 40 points up and there was only a few mins left but being a long term Richmond supporter I have seen us lose from what looked like dominant positions, so still had to wait until the final siren to believe it. This year I was pretty confident at 1/2 time and by 3/4 time knew that we had won it and was able to just sit back and watch the last quarter and enjoy it.

So I think I enjoyed both the same, just in different ways.

PHanevski

Debutant
Jul 5, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If GWS had put up a fierce fight and
only failed at the end they would have won enormous respect today, inside and outside the AFL.

But I seriously can’t see this as anything but a massive blow to their long-term viability in western Sydney.

How many non-committed western Sydney sports fans are ever going to jump on board now?
Don't think it really matters in the end. The committed supporters will be there no matter what (as we have seen over the years when teams like mine have been rubbish for years) and as we know the average Sydney people like an event and jump on a winner. So if the Giants get on a roll then the non-committed fans will be there.

PHanevski

Debutant
Jul 5, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
After Phil Davis was penalised to the maximum for beating Riewoldt in a perfectly legal contest the whole Giants team went into their collective shells. That's not on him.
Are you really suggesting that the entire team is so mentally weak that they fell apart because of 1 decision that you say was wrong. Better hope that GWS never get a decision against them ever again or they will lose by 15 goals every game from now on!

What a ridiculous comment. How did they even make the GF?

Tiger Mopsy

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester City
This will always go down as the most undeserving premiership in my eyes, complete horses**t frees going their way early killing the morale of the visitors.

And I hope this becomes to be known as a phyrric victory for the Tigs

Awwww that's nice, but gues what.

Absolutely no-one gives a Sh!t what you think.

But we do love your saltiness

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Ahhhhhh so Kochie caught on to our devillish GF day plan - subliminal tunes ;)

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch hits out at Richmond Grand Final advantage

"Port Adelaide chairman Koch, who attended the AFL grand final with rival Crows chairman Rob Chapman, said he heard the MCG scoreboard and sound system play the tiger roar, which has been used toe celebrate Richmond goals during home matches at the home of football this season. "

"Koch told FIVEaa Radio on Tuesday morning he is concerned by the advantages given to Melbourne-based clubs after busting the MCG scoreboard breaking neutrality in the grand final. "

We don't need any trades - just more boomboxes :D
It happens at the Adelaide Oval as well. When Adelaide kick a goal you hear "faaaaaark" and Port, the sound of a gaol door slamming shut.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
This will always go down as the most undeserving premiership in my eyes, complete horses**t frees going their way early killing the morale of the visitors.

And I hope this becomes to be known as a phyrric victory for the Tigs
At least it got Essendon off the "five goals in a grand final joke"! I guess that you're just a glass half empty person.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Hard to say, 17 I was nervous all game and only really believed that we had won it when Butler kicked the goal in the last quarter. When I looked back that happened when we were over 40 points up and there was only a few mins left but being a long term Richmond supporter I have seen us lose from what looked like dominant positions, so still had to wait until the final siren to believe it. This year I was pretty confident at 1/2 time and by 3/4 time knew that we had won it and was able to just sit back and watch the last quarter and enjoy it.

So I think I enjoyed both the same, just in different ways.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Just as bulls**t about the Premiership standard of averaging 100 points a game in attack.

For the record, Richmond averaged 86 points in attack, GWS 87 points

After the round 14 bye -- when our season really started warming up, we averaged 99.4 points per game, so I'd say the 100 point "rule" holds up.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
After the round 14 bye -- when our season really started warming up, we averaged 99.4 points per game, so I'd say the 100 point "rule" holds up.
ummmm no.

its judged by 22 games, not by the last 7-9 games of the regular season.

Only 2 sides averaged 90 points a game in attack, they were geelong and brisbane.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
ummmm no.

its judged by 22 games, not by the last 7-9 games of the regular season.

Only 2 sides averaged 90 points a game in attack, they were geelong and brisbane.

Fair enough. I just thought it interesting that the Tiges actually were at or about the 100 point per game mark based on their end of year form line.

That said, and in the interests of full disclosure, I was actually including the finals games, not just the H&A. Those games included two of our highest scores for the back-half of the season so obviously the average would be a bit lower for the last 7-9 H&A games.

Of course, that just means that as a finals team Richmond were >100 point average. Not to be a dick about it or anything, but I'll take a 100 point average in finals over a 100 point average in the H&A any time! :)

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Fair enough. I just thought it interesting that the Tiges actually were at or about the 100 point per game mark based on their end of year form line.

That said, and in the interests of full disclosure, I was actually including the finals games, not just the H&A. Those games included two of our highest scores for the back-half of the season so obviously the average would be a bit lower for the last 7-9 H&A games.

Of course, that just means that as a finals team Richmond were >100 point average. Not to be a dick about it or anything, but I'll take a 100 point average in finals over a 100 point average in the H&A any time! :)
fair enough on your end too.

There was some ridiculous thread started in 2015 about a premiership standard where you apparently had to score a minimum average of 100 points a game and concede no more than 86 points a game. Which to me was Bull**** as i swear that thread started as an anti Ross Lyon thread.

Saying that, I still think that 666 rule came in to Stop Ross Lyon type flooding as well.

But if you look at the last 4 GF sides.......

Bulldogs (2016)
Tigers (2017)
West coast (2018)
Tigers (2019)

not one side averaged 100 points in attack. hell not one averaged 95 points in attack.

All 4 were good defensively. All 4 conceded less than 86 points a game. All 4 conceded less than 80 points a game.

People bag out Ross Lyon for being defensive.

yet all 8 teams that made the 2019 finals, looked defensive stats wise.

Not that I am saying Ross Lyon is ahead of his time when it comes to defensive footy.

Back