Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
fair enough on your end too.

There was some ridiculous thread started in 2015 about a premiership standard where you apparently had to score a minimum average of 100 points a game and concede no more than 86 points a game. Which to me was Bull**** as i swear that thread started as an anti Ross Lyon thread.

Saying that, I still think that 666 rule came in to Stop Ross Lyon type flooding as well.

But if you look at the last 4 GF sides.......

Bulldogs (2016)
Tigers (2017)
West coast (2018)
Tigers (2019)

not one side averaged 100 points in attack. hell not one averaged 95 points in attack.

All 4 were good defensively. All 4 conceded less than 86 points a game. All 4 conceded less than 80 points a game.

People bag out Ross Lyon for being defensive.

yet all 8 teams that made the 2019 finals, looked defensive stats wise.

Not that I am saying Ross Lyon is ahead of his time when it comes to defensive footy.

I don't know that thread but it sounds like it was a bit of an anti-Freo troll. Don't blame you for calling bulls**t.

It's an excessively crude measure anyway. Putting aside your point that it just doesn't stack up given the fact that lots of premiership teams DON'T average 100 points, the GF just isn't about average performances anyway. It's all about who performs best on the day. You simply won't be able to work that one out from H&A performances -- something we should be reminded of every time the favourite doesn't take the chocolates.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

There was some ridiculous thread started in 2015 about a premiership standard where you apparently had to score a minimum average of 100 points a game and concede no more than 86 points a game. Which to me was Bull**** as i swear that thread started as an anti Ross Lyon thread.

Saying that, I still think that 666 rule came in to Stop Ross Lyon type flooding as well.

Bulldogs (2016)
Tigers (2017)
West coast (2018)
Tigers (2019)

not one side averaged 100 points in attack. hell not one averaged 95 points in attack.

All 4 were good defensively. All 4 conceded less than 86 points a game. All 4 conceded less than 80 points a game.

Not that I am saying Ross Lyon is ahead of his time when it comes to defensive footy.
Post bye, and thats when the season matters, Tiges H&A averaged 104 in 2017 (100 in finals) and 98 this year (103 in finals)

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

Bulldogs (2016)
Tigers (2017)
West coast (2018)
Tigers (2019)

Coaches are always saying flags are built on defence. I don’t have the stats in front of me and cbf’d looking them up but I’d guess most premiership sides were strong defensively. I remember it being a reason Knights copped a lot of grief at Essendon, cos he was teaching them the attacking side first.

Tiger Mopsy

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester City
An even more pathetic display than GWS in this game, is those neutral supporters falling all over themselves to suck up to and praise the Tigers lol

Tigers had absolutely everything go right for them during this finals series, sort of like when they got their first flag 2 years ago after not getting any injuries for the entire year.

This year they’ve had all their game at the G, they’ve had Hawkins suspended before their Geelong game, they had Pies and GWS playing one hell of a tough game in the wet while they got to play their prelim in perfect weather, they had an extra week off while GWS had to play 3 gruelling games and then today they had the umps gift them the momentum early when the game was in the balance.

Watching neutrals praise Tigers makes me sick considering how day they’ve had it compared t eryone else this finals series lol

Melt of the year!

Congratulations to you sir, you really need to lose the plot to get that title around here.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Well, four years AFTER they joined, Richmond were rattling tins at Punt Road. Save Our Skins.
We got ZERO help from the Bears, Eagles or VFL/AFL.
In fact, I believe Carlton gave us a hand with the legends game at Windy Hill.
We got ZERO help when GC & GWS entered, we were rock bottom and facing compromised drafts and we have clawed our way to the top on the back of hard work, great governance, a massive supporter base, astute drafting, trading and recruiting.
2017 and 2019 were earned not gifted.
100%

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
F off dusty
Yes f off dusty
The feelings mutual!! 😂
1571106959764.png

Have you stopped burning pictures of gws players yet in celebration??

well that’s one tiger amongst a million of us, what else you got? Has Didak stopped harrasing women and riding with bikies? we can all play the game if you want or we can talk about the game. Your choice.

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
well that’s one tiger amongst a million of us, what else you got? Has Didak stopped harrasing women and riding with bikies? we can all play the game if you want or we can talk about the game. Your choice.
I was talking about your after match celebration. Nothing like a cheering crowd burning opposition players photos. Very tough, you must be proud of your army

I was talking about your after match celebration. Nothing like a cheering crowd burning opposition players photos. Very tough, you must be proud of your army

Again, a sanctimonious view from a Collingwood supporter. Should i bother posting Joffa burning a Richmond scarf or utube footage of a pies cheersquad member spitting at Fevola for example? It’s all out there. There’s DH supporters in every club. Who would of thought. Time to sit down buddy ;) Just stick to the match commentary.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Not to forget the three collingwood supporters who bashed Nathan Jones dad in front of his young son "after" they won the game.

Not to forget the three collingwood supporters who bashed Nathan Jones dad in front of his young son "after" they won the game.

Shoulda burned effigies instead.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
An even more pathetic display than GWS in this game, is those neutral supporters falling all over themselves to suck up to and praise the Tigers lol

Tigers had absolutely everything go right for them during this finals series, sort of like when they got their first flag 2 years ago after not getting any injuries for the entire year.

This year they’ve had all their game at the G, they’ve had Hawkins suspended before their Geelong game, they had Pies and GWS playing one hell of a tough game in the wet while they got to play their prelim in perfect weather, they had an extra week off while GWS had to play 3 gruelling games and then today they had the umps gift them the momentum early when the game was in the balance.

Watching neutrals praise Tigers makes me sick considering how day they’ve had it compared t eryone else this finals series lol

Thank you for sharing your salty jealousy has made my day

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond

Can't help what other players and teams do to fall over themselves. Remember when Judd was squeezed under the salary cap as a cardboard box ambassador. It's you're turn in the wilderness after the successes of the 70s, 80s and 90s, suck it up and stop looking for excuses outside of your own club. Josh Kennedy and his Premiership Medal say "Hi".

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Basically richmonds gameplan all year.

Umps cracked down on it in the brissie game which was good to see. Its a blatant free every time.

Not being paid today though along with htb.

A bulldogs style victory today.

GWS really look woeful though. No forwardline structure. That 2nd last entry was from a ballin 70 out from gws goal.. yet de boer was the only one in their 50 against 4 tigers.....

.... the mind just boggles how thats possible at this level on grand final day.

GWS more concerned with trying to stop rich.ond than what theyre supposed to be doing with it.

Games over. Bizare anticlimatic build up to even see these 2 teams in it this year (5th and 6th for a long while late in the year). Tigers fall into the top 4 and play into form at the right time of the year to take the easiest of cups in the end.

Sack razor ray.
Sack channel 7.

Congrats Tigers.
Fall into the top 4? Unbeaten after the bye including teams who finished 1st, 2nd(twice), 4th, 5th and the runners up twice. Most dominant finish to a season we’ve seen for years.
Absolute powerhouse.

Back