News Richmond to face Collingwood in second-round blockbuster

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish they'd stop with these horrid Thursday games.
Me too. They’re painful.

Whichever one I go to I’ll be taking the Friday off and I can’t do that two weeks in a row. :(

Two Thursday nights in a row again, bugger. :(

Definitely won’t be able to go to both.

Was going to go to round 1 against Carlton but maybe I’ll hold off until round 2 against Collingwood.
Tough call.
Lynch's debut vs Rnd 2 revenge.

Boring, AFL will have egg on it's face when barely 70k turn up, this fixture in 2017 only got 58k.

Memo AFL if your reading this, never schedule the same team in a 7:20pm thursday slot two weeks in a row because it is just too hard for people to attend both. That 30 minutes between a 7:20 start and a 7:50 start is huge when needing to get to the game after work/school.

Also what has Essendon done to deserve getting looked after, did Auld forget that they were a basket case in the first half of the year and only when the pressure was released played better. Shouldn't the druggies actually achieve something on field before getting looked after.

Also with us only playing druggies once that means our 1 or 2 twice games from the middle group is now out of...syd, gee, ade, port and loln0rf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two Thursday nights in a row again, bugger. :(

Definitely won’t be able to go to both.

Was going to go to round 1 against Carlton but maybe I’ll hold off until round 2 against Collingwood.
theyre dickheads. 2 certain over 80,000 crowds now have a chance of being in the 70s instead cos its on a thursday

TV rights/ratings are more important to the AFL than crowds and people.
Thursday night games are a ******* nightmare for people outside of Melbourne and even in Melbourne for that matter.
Great for TV neutral supporters, but s**t for the competing clubs.

Personally, it doesn't bother me if it's Thursday or Friday as I work Saturday mornings anyway and my kids are older.
However, I can certainly understand why a large percentage of the population would be pissed off about it.
As mentioned earlier it's TV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>punters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back