Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone interested.

Link..
Sydney Stack Highlights

We've got nothing to lose.

Looks prett slick in that video.

If we can get him in the right head space and we can rookie him that's an absolute steal.

Surely other clubs will be lining up to get him ?

Ya gonna learn pretty quick if the kids fair dinkum about embracing his shot at the big league. If dimma comes home from work and syds mowing the lawn after helping mrs Hardwick unload all the shopping and wash the dishes , you know we re on the right track
Or dimma comes home and stack has been sitting on the couch all day playing fortnight.

Sydney could present a really good development opportunity for Shai Bolton to show us some leadership skills. Shai has always been the younger counterpart and seems to have been mentored, flipping that and giving him mentoring responsibility could see his game flourish. Really good move by the club.

Yep. Great kid In person too I read. He was looking like a pick 6 before the draft and didn’t even get rookied, surely the AFL must have warned all the clubs off him which makes me wonder about Stack not getting even a rookie shot either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After the Yarran move blew up, I’d like to think the club knows it can’t trust in hope and potential and talent when addictions involved.
But knowing Hardwick has got a little bit of first hand experience being stooged by it now and him being a father of a young daughter there’s no way I’d reckon he’d let a stranger in his house if he thought there was a little bit of something unpredictable about the kid or something he couldn’t put his finger on so to speak.
I’m gonna hope for the best, just cause the kid comes from trouble doesn’t always mean he’s bad news.

Best of luck Stack, rip into it mate.

Ya gonna learn pretty quick if the kids fair dinkum about embracing his shot at the big league. If dimma comes home from work and syds mowing the lawn after helping mrs Hardwick unload all the shopping and wash the dishes , you know we re on the right track
Providing he isn’t cutting the grass

I don't mind these last chances that these clubs have with rookies. Its great to see players thrive in a new environment. (hopefully Mav & Stack work out for us)
I was happy for Jake Stringer last year. & happy that Matty Dea is still getting a gig.
Kids from indig. background have issues to deal with I can't imagine. But I like the idea of bringing a WA boy over and as others have said might provide Shai a elder brotherly relationship. Which can be good and bad. But Luke English is from the same club that's another connection.

But Luke English is from the same club that's another connection.

I seriously doubt these two would have any mutual life connection other than playing at the same club. However, assuming they did play quite a few games together, it's something, being closely involved with my son's team, that can't be underestimated. A new club where they are the newbies who know noone and FA about anything, they will naturally gravitate together for support. And English seems to be professional success driven kid. Would prefer him as mentor than Bolton TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously doubt these two would have any mutual life connection other than playing at the same club. However, assuming they did play quite a few games together, it's something, being closely involved with my son's team, that can't be underestimated. A new club where they are the newbies who know noone and FA about anything, they will naturally gravitate together for support. And English seems to be professional success driven kid. Would prefer him as mentor than Bolton TBH.
Would think that a whole heap of players would be mentoring him in some way.

Looks pretty handy in the clips. I liked the interview, at that age admitting to a journo that you came from a violent upbringing can't be easy.

What I have to wonder about is what saw him not picked up. Was it only the discipline thing that saw him dropped from the WA side or is there a scandal out there that no-one is talking about. I only ask that because I would have thought some club would have rolled the dice on him as a late pick.

I am rapt at this strategy, I hope the kid makes it.

Looks pretty handy in the clips. I liked the interview, at that age admitting to a journo that you came from a violent upbringing can't be easy.

What I have to wonder about is what saw him not picked up. Was it only the discipline thing that saw him dropped from the WA side or is there a scandal out there that no-one is talking about. I only ask that because I would have thought some club would have rolled the dice on him as a late pick.

I am rapt at this strategy, I hope the kid makes it.

I think someone posted an interview with Peter Sumich about why he was dropped, snapped him back into focus etc because of consistency I think he said....

Caný get past that name, Sydney Stack...sounds like a used car dealer...
used-car-dealer-300x174.jpg

Good luck to the kid!

The way i look at it there is 3 ways we can go with this last selection

* Select a mature player thats missed out for depth
* Select a developing Ruckman or a mature ruckman for depth incase nank falls (but will they be any better than Soldo,Chol or CCj in 2019

* Select a player on talent thats around a top 20 that has been over looked due to off field issue's

I think what the Richmond football club is doing is the best way to make a call on a kid like stack (after doing all the due diligence ) of speaking to everybody involved with him and getting all the info about his issue's

Trialling him for 2-3 moths during off season training will give us a good indication as to where he is at and if he has what it takes to remain focused in a pro club.

Players like Cotchin,Martin,Riewoldt,Rance,Houli,Grigg,Grimes,Edwards are all just like onfield coaches these days and our younger players like Rioli and Bolton could be good team mates to help him adapt to the melbourne life and afl system

Big upside if it pays off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back