Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Hawks will poach with Mitchell down.
Like for Like.
Would be the worst thing for him I reckon.
TIGERS: "We'll take you on under the conditions you follow a strict training regime and maintain a professional lifestyle outside of football. We'll set you up with all the tools to succeed you just have to prove you want it enough."
HAWKS: "Forget all that come be a guaranteed starting midfielder."

Reckon he's got a huge opportunity with us. Sounds like he's trying to grab it with both hands. Hope he succeeds cause he needs what the Tigers can give him, and a genuine top quality inside outside mid for free would be nice to have. If he ends up on the list I'd expect him to play VFL. Too small for AFL right now. But it does sound like the old phrase 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it;s the size of the fight in the dog'.

Very happy he's back. :thumbsu:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Reckon he's got a huge opportunity with us. Sounds like he's trying to grab it with both hands. Hope he succeeds cause he needs what the Tigers can give him, and a genuine top quality inside outside mid for free would be nice to have. If he ends up on the list I'd expect him to play VFL. Too small for AFL right now. But it does sound like the old phrase 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it;s the size of the fight in the dog'.

Very happy he's back. :thumbsu:

If Liam Baker can get a game anybody is a chance

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Hawks will poach with Mitchell down.
Like for Like.

Does anyone know the rules regarding SSP Rookies????
I thought only the club which the player was invited by can SSP Rookie him????
Like when Docherty went down at Carltoon, they invited 2 no name brand VFL types.
Or can the player just change and go and train at another club (Stack goes to Hawthorn to SSP Rookie with Dawks)?????
How does this crazy world work now????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I dont believe another team can poach him unless the tigers decide not to take him, I dont know the exact rules and have not read them but the fact that we are paying him $1000 a week to trial him would have implications or restrictions regarding where he would be allowed to go.

But teams wouldnt do that and he will join richmond if the tigers offer him the spot

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Instead of living with Dimma and being nursed through the first year of football I reckon we should go a different strategy. Any new draftees or potential rookies are forced to take a gap year where they work in an office 8.30am to 6pm with 20 days leave for the year like the rest of us. When they've realised the horror of that, give them their shot at the AFL. "This is your next 40 years if you don't train your ass off. Go!!".

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I dont believe another team can poach him unless the tigers decide not to take him, I dont know the exact rules and have not read them but the fact that we are paying him $1000 a week to trial him would have implications or restrictions regarding where he would be allowed to go.

But teams wouldnt do that and he will join richmond if the tigers offer him the spot

Thanks for the info THE_GUN, seems like we have first dibs on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back