Richmond to win a final in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make sure the club runs everything past you in future.

Must suck when you turn your oracular powers onto Carlton though...Future there must look even bleaker than Richmond after all.
And there we have it .....struggled to debate the issue so turned the debate into deflection mode by mentioning the other posters club . lol like your team and coach ..you have nothing

And there we have it .....struggled to debate the issue so turned the debate into deflection mode by mentioning the other posters club . lol like your team and coach ..you have nothing

So you think this thread is just here to have a go at Richmond, but comparisons to clubs of those having a go isn't allowed, because it makes your basket case of a club look bad.

Older team, worse results, shambles off field...Yeah, I can see why Carlton supporters don't like their pokies company being brought into it.

What do people expect Dimma to say?
"Ohhh naaa we are pretty s**t and next year is going to be another ride off."
That would please the board, members and more importantly the players.
What he says externally really means jack s**t.
What he is saying internally is what matters.

They need to aim to make the finals next year.
Isn't winning games the point of this game?

Nothing wrong with dreaming the impossible dream. Probably best kept in house until it's credible though

I can't find the article where it was mentioned, but c.2013 the players were addressed and told (salary) sacrifices need to be made to achieve team success, which goes for prospective recruits also. Geelong was held up as an example.

No real argument with your post. I'd argue that our top players are performing most weeks, but the support cast isn't strong enough to allow them to be matchwinners on a regular basis.

My suspicion is that we've overpaid to keep our top players. Martin will have his hand out for an increase and who can blame him? I don't buy that Deledio signed on for 500K when GWS was throwing $1m at him. Also suspect this salary structure is chiefly responsible for the failure to acquire the players we need. Our hat's been in the ring, we've been playing finals, but no fish to show for it.

Only Matt White among required players has elected to leave under Hardwick's tenure, and even then the decision came down to length of contract. It's such a happy club, but now a harsh spotlight needs to be trained on points of failure. Far from convinced that "AFL approved" Dan Richardson is the great negotiator the club promotes him as.

Go back to the NAB Cup match v Port when Hardwick panicked and wanted to call the game off after a spate of injuries. He knew the list was stretched entering the season. The club has failed him in not bolstering the top or middle tiers in the past two years.

All of the above needs to be balanced with the fact we were down on our arses when Hardwick began. To come from absolute rock bottom at the beginning of 2010 to finals in 2013 while fielding Gold Coast-aged teams in the face of compromised drafts, was a stupendous effort. It wasn't too long ago that the Bulldogs cited Richmond as an example they wanted to follow. But since the EF loss to Carlton we've more or less stagnated prior to tumbling in 2016. The loss of momentum coincided with Gale eyeing off Demetriou's job and the 'compromise' choice of president. Honesty and transparency has been replaced by spin. The external review must be brutally honest and the admin needs to recapture the energy they had when they began in late 2009, or get out.
Given your comments re spin, is there a fear amongst fans that the external review will be compromised?

So you think this thread is just here to have a go at Richmond, but comparisons to clubs of those having a go isn't allowed, because it makes your basket case of a club look bad.

Older team, worse results, shambles off field...Yeah, I can see why Carlton supporters don't like their pokies company being brought into it.

There's one big difference, we know where we are. Not even half way through our rebuild, but at least we've started and you'll see probably 10 more changes to the list at years end. We've also exceeded expectations of how we would go this year. Richmond on the other hand have failed miserably this year, and your coach has come out this week and said that he expects to win a final in 2017. He should just concentrate on getting that list of his back into finals contention.

What do people expect Dimma to say?
"Ohhh naaa we are pretty s**t and next year is going to be another ride off."
That would please the board, members and more importantly the players.
What he says externally really means jack s**t.
What he is saying internally is what matters.

They need to aim to make the finals next year.
Isn't winning games the point of this game?
Why even answer questions about next year? He should have just said he will go hard in the offseason to bring in players to improve the team. No other team goes on record to guarantee finals the next season. He's just as delusional as your fan base is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why even answer questions about next year? He should have just said he will go hard in the offseason to bring in players to improve the team. No other team goes on record to guarantee finals the next season. He's just as delusional as your fan base is.
Well he knows that if we dont make finals next year he is gone.

Given your comments re spin, is there a fear amongst fans that the external review will be compromised?

Not sure what others think about the review(s). There are two reviews being conducted - the board by Hay Group, and the football department by Ernst & Young. Read somewhere that one of those firms has business links with a current board member. Yeah, there is a big concern that the board review is intended to stave off the mooted challenge.

I wake up this morning to hear we are chasing Travis Cloke. Richmond and Collingwood's lists are fairly similar, so why we are chasing one of their overpaid cast-offs I cannot fathom, other than as part of a push for short-term improvement (i.e. self-preservation).

Collingwood chasing Hurley. Richmond chasing Cloke. The club is giving off bad vibes.

Last edited:
Because then it looks like he doesn't have faith in the team? Pretty simple.
In reality what effect does this statement even have? Positive or negative.

Don't. Spoil sport.
It's more fun when they actually think they are a chance. Do not ruin the fun script of this new comedy series in 2017.
Let it play out man.
My favorite is the one where Carlton supporters think their club just started a rebuild.
Hint - when you start a rebuild your team is usually young

My favorite is the one where Carlton supporters think their club just started a rebuild.
Hint - when you start a rebuild your team is usually young

This is the comical stuff I like that highlights the confusion of the Richmond club.
No rebuild for us mate ar Carlton. We actually are building something from ground zero.
Enjoy your re-build at Richmond of mediocre teams to next era of a mediocre team. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to the 2017 script.

This is hilarious, Dimma sits there and says he hasn't got the players or talent to achieve anything but as soon as the Tigers board don't sack him he's telling us they'll win a final next year LMAO.

You can't make these comedy routines up. Great stuff.

This is the comical stuff I like that highlights the confusion of the Richmond club.
No rebuild for us mate ar Carlton. We actually are building something from ground zero.
Enjoy your re-build at Richmond of mediocre teams to next era of a mediocre team. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to the 2017 script.
Ground zero? Didnt you keep all your old players and trade in unwanted players from GWS? Nice ground zero lmao.
It looks like you dont even know what a rebuild is aswell, because thats what you apparently started at the end of last season. Full rebuilds start from 'ground zero', which is not what you have done.

Ground zero? Didnt you keep all your old players and trade in unwanted players from GWS? Nice ground zero lmao.
It looks like you dont even know what a rebuild is aswell, because thats what you apparently started at the end of last season. Full rebuilds start from 'ground zero', which is not what you have done.

You really are clueless.

Re-builds of what?
Only dopey types re-build crap lists.
You actually got to build a quality list to even think about re-builds after that.
Ground zero is actually what you call when you know you are starting from scratch.
Yeah, I know you do not understand. That is why it is so funny to read of re-builds of mediocre lists and not understanding what ground zero actually indicates.

Keep them coming dude.
This is gold to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back