Traded Richmond trade #20 to Geelong for 2021 R1

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year on BigFooty, next year's draft is a SUPADRAFT! Next year's draft has been a SUPADRAFT! for about 15 years now
There will be atleast 20 17 year olds in victoria that didnt play that would have shown talent then you combine that with all the later developing players in their 18th year that didnt get the chance to show their game as 18 year olds. Oliver Bont types.

Just at a guess i would estimate there should be atleast another 10 players that would have crammed into the top 30 which will be in next years draft

Matters little, Coronavirus, 9-11 Iraq War, hypodermic on the shore, China's under martial law.....

Every year this year's draft is weak, next year is a SUPADRAFT!

Next year on here they will say the 2021 draft is not that strong but 2022 is a SUPADRAFT!

Didnt realise they stopped afl players playing or locked everybody in their homes

but sure lets see

There will be atleast 20 17 year olds in victoria that didnt play that would have shown talent then you combine that with all the later developing players in their 18th year that didnt get the chance to show their game as 18 year olds. Oliver Bont types.

Just at a guess i would estimate there should be atleast another 10 players that would have crammed into the top 30 which will be in next years draft
I agree there will be plenty more kids next year that never got the opportunity to show something but I think the bulk of them would be outside of the first round. I think overall impact is that the 2nd round next year has an extra dozen or so likely contenders as kids who would have gone first round this year wouldn't have missed the draft altogether I don't think.

Edit: sorry poorly worded - I think the kids who would have been 1st round this year would have still made the list of kids drafted even if they didn't show their rd 1 credentials and won't be pushing into next year's 1st round. Could be wide of the mark but it's a draft I'm happy to have 3x second rounders in

I agree there will be plenty more kids next year that never got the opportunity to show something but I think the bulk of them would be outside of the first round. I think overall impact is that the 2nd round next year has an extra dozen or so likely contenders as kids who would have gone first round this year wouldn't have missed the draft altogether I don't think.

Edit: sorry poorly worded - I think the kids who would have been 1st round this year would have still made the list of kids drafted even if they didn't show their rd 1 credentials and won't be pushing into next year's 1st round. Could be wide of the mark but it's a draft I'm happy to have 3x second rounders in
And I think that is exactly why Geelong did the trade, it's not hard to package 2 of those 2nd rounders into a 1st

Hope the kid Geelong picked works out for them. Glad we got another pick in next years draft though. Obviously one of the handful of players we rated in the draft didn’t fall to us so here’s hoping there’s quality around that mark next year.

And I think that is exactly why Geelong did the trade, it's not hard to package 2 of those 2nd rounders into a 1st
That's definitely an option but I think with looming retirements we'll hit a numbers game where 2 reasonable mids are the better option. See how it plays out

Maybe we trade them to you for our first pick back? :D
Wouldn't surprise me TBH. We did that in 2017, traded 15 + 52 for 20 + 25 (Brisbane) which netted us Balta and Coleman-Jones. As a matter of interest, who are you're first two 2nds tied to? GWS and ?

Personally im extremely happy with the trade , I wasnt initially due to the players i wanted us to take ( Carroll & Ford) but seeing as both were still available with our 2nd and we still passed on them then the trade was better.

I also think we will either try to combine the 2nds or 3rds to move up or use them to improve our 2 x 1st rounders nd altimately get to the pointier end to grab 2 top 10 picks or have 3 x top 20 picks. Hopefully get 2 quality KPP to replace Jack & Astbury.

For geelong its for the now and the Holmes pick is a big call with so little the games he has played but wells is a smart operator and would have a plan

Geelong had twenty seven and an inkling Melbourne would take Holmes so moved up probably after the Magpies took Macrae, far too early to rate the 2020 players and all you can say about Holmes is he has an athletic pedigree.

Geelong had twenty seven and an inkling Melbourne would take Holmes so moved up probably after the Magpies took Macrae, far too early to rate the 2020 players and all you can say about Holmes is he has an athletic pedigree.
I think Richmond has 2-3 players they would have taken with #20 if still available Macrae being 1 of them , But i also think the doggies would have been on the phone with their 2021 pick if he was still available and would have jumped at trading their 1st in 2021 for Macrae

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Richmond has 2-3 players they would have taken with #20 if still available Macrae being 1 of them , But i also think the doggies would have been on the phone with their 2021 pick if he was still available and would have jumped at trading their 1st in 2021 for Macrae
If Macrae was still available at your pick i am not sure you would have answered the phone to be honest.

I think geelong expected him to get to 27 (33) but got mail melbourne were going to take him at 21 so traded above that to secure him.

We are at the stage that salary cap constraints will force us to move on an A grade player, unless Reiwoldt retires etc. We already have some low picks, after this years lacklustre trade period we have to step up bringing in some players

We are at the stage that salary cap constraints will force us to move on an A grade player, unless Reiwoldt retires etc. We already have some low picks, after this years lacklustre trade period we have to step up bringing in some players
Hardly think we have cap restraints , We have Higgins & Markov leaving along with Rance - There is $1.2-$1.3 mil off the books just there as well as Jack , Cotchin and Astbury who's contracts if renewed will be on significantly less than what they are on now.

Think Richmond is handling their TPP extremely well and were well and truly into Crouch this year until he decided to go 'Sniffing' around

Feels like only yesterday Geelong fans were high fiving over the Cameron trade because second round picks in 2021 were way better than first rounders this year.
Feels like only yesterday Cats fans had 3 1st rounders and a Free agent Cameron coming at no cost
how things change. they have used 4 x 1st rounders at the blink of an eye

Feels like only yesterday Cats fans had 3 1st rounders and a Free agent Cameron coming at no cost
how things change. they have used 4 x 1st rounders at the blink of an eye

We don't have all that good a record with our first round picks. Perhaps it was safer to trade them rather than stuff them up.

In the last ten years one R1 draft pick has worked out - Guthrie. Clark looks good and a couple too early to tell. That is not a great return for a club that is quite good at developing players.

Much better record with second round and later picks.

Feels like only yesterday Geelong fans were high fiving over the Cameron trade because second round picks in 2021 were way better than first rounders this year.

Geelongs record with first rounders (admittedly they are barely ever in the top 10) isnt great but our record with later picks is fantastic. Doubt we would be that worried about trading first rounders.

If they haven't dropped away or gone to seed or found something else that takes their interest in the year off.

Back