Richmond: two first rounders

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
With Richmond having two first round picks do any of the experts have a feeling who they might be leaning towards? Would if be possible to get a brief run down of the better big prospects Being a good draft for talls (?) - might mean couple of KPP to give some help to Rance and Jack ... maybe take over in the long term ?

i would assume the game plan is retain martin and build around cotchin, vlastuin, prestia. From the side in round 1 also contained : rioli castagna butler vlastuin mcintosh bellis caddy conca ... so i think it might be ok to take a risk and not take the 'best available' but rather try and set up the book ends

Last edited:

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
What range are the first rounders in? 10-18?

... GWS sending 2017 first-rounder (originally Geelong's) and the Giants' 2017 third-round selection to the Tigers to secure Deledio's services ...

i got geelong bottom 4 - think the wheels might fall off g-town

no idea about richmond

Last edited:
... GWS sending 2017 first-rounder (originally Geelong's) and the Giants' 2017 third-round selection to the Tigers to secure Deledio's services ...

i got geelong bottom 4 - think the wheels might fall off g-town

no idea about richmond
Geelong bottom 4? Laughable. They're serially underrated on here.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond should draft a KPF and a defender. Riewoldt is 28 at the moment and Richmonds defence isn't that great apart from Rance.

And to be honest after Grimes, Rance, Jack Richmond dont bat very deep in the tall department

Geelong bottom 4? Laughable. They're serially underrated on here.

bottom 6-ish

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
No idea on players names but agree with the thread so far the Tiges will surely target a tall.

The likes of Elton, McBean, Vickery, Griffiths (still time), McKenzie haven't flourished with Riewoldt, time to just use your best pick on the best KF available I think.

The 2nd first rounder could be a midfielder I feel

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
If Martin does leave, which I dont think he will, then that changes everything and we have cap space to go after anyone.
Well i am not sure you can play Kruz and Nank in the same team. Both are similar players. You would need to recruit a genuine ruckman i believe. Nank is a good player but i am not sure how good of a ruckman he is.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Well i am not sure you can play Kruz and Nank in the same team. Both are similar players. You would need to recruit a genuine ruckman i believe. Nank is a good player but i am not sure how good of a ruckman he is.

He is still really young, thats the great thing, he can only get better. He is hard at it, and can win a hardball and kick goals. While neither would be a dominant ruck, both can be very damaging around the ground. I think they would make a great combo as they're both dangerous Fwd too. Kicked 5 goals between them thursday night... or was it 4?

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
He is still really young, thats the great thing, he can only get better. He is hard at it, and can win a hardball and kick goals. While neither would be a dominant ruck, both can be very damaging around the ground. I think they would make a great combo as they're both dangerous Fwd too. Kicked 5 goals between them thursday night... or was it 4?

Well Kruz beat Nank in the ruck this week, and he is an ok ruckman. The question being , with the new rule, average ruckmen are more exposed cause its a pure 1 on 1 contest though, so what will happen when you play a team with a good ruck? last night i saw the difference with a fit and firing Paddy Ryder, we destroyed Sydney in the midfield. I am not sure if a Nank type 28 year old ruckman with dodgy knees for 600k is what you need. Thats my 2 cents worth :)

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Well Kruz beat Nank in the ruck this week, and he is an ok ruckman. The question being , with the new rule, average ruckmen are more exposed cause its a pure 1 on 1 contest though, so what will happen when you play a team with a good ruck? last night i saw the difference with a fit and firing Paddy Ryder, we destroyed Sydney in the midfield. I am not sure if a Nank type 28 year old ruckman with dodgy knees for 600k is what you need. Thats my 2 cents worth :)

Its a valid 2 cents. I havent watched the Sydney/Port game so didnt see Ryder. Ryder would be great for us too, better than Kruiser. Just thought Kruiser may come cheap.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
You desperately need a tall forward. If Jack goes down you have no one. Griffths had many chances now and he has failed to turn up.

its not as if other teams have A grade forward in reserve to replace Buddy, Hawkins types either

griff isnt any worse than vickery who was a master of not turning up

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
its not as if other teams have A grade forward in reserve to replace Buddy, Hawkins types either

griff isnt any worse than vickery who was a master of not turning up

Tippett and Reid are more than capable. Both better options than Griffths.

Its true vickery is a dud, but atleast he is not injured all the time. I mean what other options do you have after Griffths cause he will get an injury sooner or later.

Back