Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pOleK

Professional Footy Watcher
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Both winners here, Richmond get their beloved double chance and Brisbane gain a much needed lesson before finals. Proud of the boys, after an uncompetitive first quarter, game stayed relatively close after that and showed they can play the MCG. Little bit of damage control in the last but anything to secure that double chance at home :)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Won't happen. Richmond comfortably. Lions will be knocked out in consecutive weeks.
At one point I was like, 'if it's at the GABBA it'll be close' but Tigers comprehensively outplayed, out strategised them most of the second half. Lions not experienced and seasoned enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joselol

Debutant
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interested to see opinions from others comparing Martin's and Neale's games today. You could argue both had monster games with Neale's showing more in pure stats but Martin seemingly having more direct goalscoring impact. Who would you give the votes? Hard to look past 50+ I would think

TigerGlory

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bonbeach Sharks
Don’t care about playing at the Gabba. All expectation on Brisbane as the home finalist, Tigers have nothing to lose. And even if they do, we play the rest of the finals at the MCG anyway.

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
Don’t care about playing at the Gabba. All expectation on Brisbane as the home finalist, Tigers have nothing to lose. And even if they do, we play the rest of the finals at the MCG anyway.
Haha, nah. Brisbane finished 17th last year. You blew a chance at the flag. All the pressure is on Richmond.

DaRick

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Can see Richmond beating us at the GABBA (though it's a very different ground), but who is going to beat us the second time around at the GABBA to force us out in straight sets?

I could see WC doing it, but not any of the others unless we play more poorly than we have since the bye.

As to the game, Richmond were too good, but Brisbane have accomplished their objective of coming second. Outperformed most people's expectations of them by around 10 places or thereabouts (including mine). It's been a terrific season, even if we do bomb in the finals.

Hollow Knight

Imperfect vessel
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Was that the worst 50 disposal game ever?
Half were contested, 88 percent were effective and more than a quarter were clearances.

Add in 6 tackles, 24 pressure acts and 5 score involvements in a low scoring game... I think Lachie earned his pay.

Sterge

Jun 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avs/Pats/Chelsea
It's probably okay to both enjoy your win and appreciate a great individual performance but Richmond supporters hey. Not the classiest bunch and tbh that's putting it pretty mildly.
It's ok to disagree without getting personal, it was a question try actually offering something in response.

Barely noticed neale all day just accumulated a lot without being damaging, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get votes.

BRAB

Just Hip my Wood
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gabba home final secured. All we needed today.

Given our horrid run with injury this year (Cutler, Brown, Black, Christensen and Tom Joyce) it's been awesome to make top two.

Once we have our best team out there we'll be much more competitive. Kept it even after Richmond jumped us in the first quarter.

Really have to find a way to stop Lids next time.

Top Bottom