Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dean33

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Well then that introduces the heat at night plus the humidity, both very difficult for teams that come from colder southern states to deal with.
First we can only play in the wet, now it’s not the dry but the humidity that will be our downfall... current temp in Brisbane is 19. Game time would be in about another hour, think we’ll be fine.

BRAB

Just Hip my Wood
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just a warning for Richmond fans.

In the big games, we always learn from our losses.

QClash 2018 is my thesis. Read on.

First game was an absolute cracker, with the Suns just getting up at a packed Gabba.

You might be thinking "Wow how is this relevant BRAB" and my answer is the next game at a packed out Metricon.

Fagan doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and Richmond will have to think of a new way to play if they think they can beat us again in a big game.

Tiger71

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Just a warning for Richmond fans.

In the big games, we always learn from our losses.

QClash 2018 is my thesis. Read on.

First game was an absolute cracker, with the Suns just getting up at a packed Gabba.

View attachment 733638

You might be thinking "Wow how is this relevant BRAB" and my answer is the next game at a packed out Metricon.

View attachment 733639

Fagan doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and Richmond will have to think of a new way to play if they think they can beat us again in a big game.
You have compared us to the sun's lel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

p5ych00n5

All Australian
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Cracking game played in a finalesque intensity with a finalesque crowd which will hold the finals raw Brissy players in good stead.
Of the 7 'home' games at the G, this was the one that worried me the most in regards to Brisbane breaking their hoodoo against us, I don't think my heart will handle the QF up at the Gabba.

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
He
All memes aside Richmond are clearly the best team we've played all year and will probably win the whole thing.

Richmond fans and snake Baker will be thrilled.
He won’t be thrilled until he has baked every last snake in the country.

Acinath

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Gabba home final secured. All we needed today.

Given our horrid run with injury this year (Cutler, Brown, Black, Christensen and Tom Joyce) it's been awesome to make top two.

Once we have our best team out there we'll be much more competitive. Kept it even after Richmond jumped us in the first quarter.

Really have to find a way to stop Lids next time.
Horrid run with injury?

Barnzy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
My only worry at the Gabba was going to be getting reamed by home ground umpiring.

We got reamed by the maggots a couple weeks in advance today and still won so I'm relieved. Feeling pretty confident.

BRAB

Just Hip my Wood
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My only worry at the Gabba was going to be getting reamed by home ground umpiring.

We got reamed by the maggots a couple weeks in advance today and still won so I'm relieved. Feeling pretty confident.
Common consensus on the suns board was that you had the better end of the umpiring

Top Bottom