Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane are way too good to get smashed by 50+ points in my opinion. It could happen of course if we’re talking possibilities, but I think it’s likely for it to either end up a close game or a classic Richmond “thumping” at the MCG - a 20-30 point win.

I’m going with a closer Richmond win between 12-18 points because we usually don’t have games with sub 12 point margins this year (Port at AO and West Coast last week the exceptions). We’ve also become a fairly reliable team in the H&A season when something important is on the line like a top 4 spot.
Another thing stopping us belting the lions tmrw is the fact if west coast and Geelong win its not in our best interests to have a big win. A 60 point margin would have us overtake them and send us interstate first week.

Another thing stopping us belting the lions tmrw is the fact if west coast and Geelong win its not in our best interests to have a big win. A 60 point margin would have us overtake them and send us interstate first week.
If West Coast only win narrowly, a big win over Brisbane (65+) could see you finish 2nd.

Lions are too good for us to simply chase percentage against, that’s ridiculous, they’ll be hard enough just to beat, especially if we’re without Grimes.
I’ll only start genuinely considering what margin we want to win by if there comes a stage where we are simply home. But I don’t think that stage will happen until late, if at all.

Grimes is playing better than any of your current defenders. If Cameron doesn't for for you guys i can see a score blowout. A flanker is your best forward. But, you'll see it first hand how Jack and Tom are going on Sunday. You gonna tag Houli or Dusty? You can't cover both.

Lol Harris Andrews (AA lock) says hi

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Grimes is a better player because he's more experienced but the differences aren't as great as some on here think. Fairly close in playing ability and overall ability to stop opposition players from scoring.

Lions are too good for us to simply chase percentage against, that’s ridiculous, they’ll be hard enough just to beat, especially if we’re without Grimes.
I’ll only start genuinely considering what margin we want to win by if there comes a stage where we are simply home. But I don’t think that stage will happen until late, if at all.
Agree, can’t see us beating them by more than 40 points, if grimes is out it makes the job that much harder however I’ll still back our system to restrict them to a low score.

Looking forward to it. After slacking off in the first quarter last week we’ll make sure the pressure is up from the start. We’re back to our defensive best since the bye. Love the Lions and see how thing pan out. We’ve buried most teams by halftime and coasted. Last week was a wake up. Tigers by 39.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a dead rubber now for Brisbane? 2nd spot looks guaranteed. Richmond has to make up 8% to overtake them what margin would that need to be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back