Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. We’re safe & unless Richmond & Brisbane play a draw, we will have a Geelong v Pies Final.

Huge lols if Brisbane win by a point and the Eagles then bounce back to fourth!!

The Tigers have a dilemma, win and they fly to Brisbane, lose and they will finish 5th and no double chance, but get a home final...Wouldn't surprise me if they took the punt on that? Tank a final position, you never know? Would the Tigers lose to Essendon in a first final, no chance!

The Tigers have a dilemma, win and they fly to Brisbane, lose and they will finish 5th and no double chance, but get a home final...Wouldn't surprise me if they took the punt on that? Tank a final position, you never know? Would the Tigers lose to Essendon in a first final, no chance!
Id happily roll the dice and take on Brisbane at the Gabba, although the best scenario was finishing 4th, we need the double chance above all else.

So best case from here is we win and finish 3rd.

What are the scenarios that have us finishing 2nd? I assume we'd have to smash Brisbane to gain % and have them lose % ? What sort of margin we talking? Seems very unlikely in the scheme of things.

no dilema... go as hard as possible try win by 63 points and get home final double chance

or just win get double chance and beat lions away

Id happily roll the dice and take on Brisbane at the Gabba, although the best scenario was finishing 4th, we need the double chance above all else.

What are the scenarios that have us finishing 2nd? I assume we'd have to smash Brisbane to gain % and have them lose % ? What sort of margin we talking? Seems very unlikely in the scheme of things.

63 points.

Richmond would always take the double chance. Hell, if they thought they had zero chance against the Lions at the GABBA they could throw the qualifying final and have a home semi final. They will be out to beat us tomorrow, and they will try to beat us by a lot for that home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Away QF week 1 means best case a home prelim, worst case a home semi.
Home EF means best case is an away semi. No brainer for mine.
The result to tank for is a draw.

Something like 70 points

63 points.

Richmond would always take the double chance. Hell, if they thought they had zero chance against the Lions at the GABBA they could throw the qualifying final and have a home semi final. They will be out to beat us tomorrow, and they will try to beat us by a lot for that home final.
Yeh I don't see us smashing you at all. If the cards fall that way I'd be more than happy to draw as that is ideal for us, otherwise our best bet is to aim for that QF.

If we lose we are pretty much locked in to have an interstate semi final with us getting the loser of Brisbane vs West Coast should we win the EF. There’s really no point as playing an interstate QF will be like a free hit.

Last edited:
If Richmond win they ultimately win for Geelong. Minor premiershipo and MCG game vs Collingwood. Richmond will have to travel to the GABBA

If Richmond win they ultimately win for Geelong. Minor premiershipo and MCG game vs Collingwood. Richmond will have to travel to the GABBA

You are getting the MCG game vs Collingwood anyway.

Richmond win : finish 3rd
Win well: finish 2nd
Lose : WC finish 4th and Richmond going 5th.

It will be Geelong Vs Pies qualy in all of the above.

Yep. We’re safe & unless Richmond & Brisbane play a draw, we will have a Geelong v Pies Final.

Huge lols if Brisbane win by a point and the Eagles then bounce back to fourth!!

Then we play the Bombers at the G :)

Rather the double chance though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back