Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

If we don't win i hope Brisbane do brab. You deserve to see your first flag.

I wasn't born during our last FINAL mate.

I'm just so excited to see the boys out there again. Been a long 50 years

Joey longshadow

Hostis Humani Generis
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens
It pisses me off that the Victorian centric media don't mention some of our stars like Black being unavailable due to humanitarian efforts overseas.

You don't see Alex Rance on survivor, that's all I'm saying.
No he isn't... But that other absolute super star for us Shaun Hampson is.. So you know like for like

Who said he was a spud. I am sad for supporters like you. Here you are in a game day thread heaping just s**t on the tigers with every post. Go outside and enjoy life.

Yes, him saying Neale had a good game is shitting on the tigers.

Great to see a mutual show of respect between Tigers and Lions fans are both sides' complete lack of finals success in recent times. Brings you goosebumps.

All joking aside Brisbane have been very good this year.
Getting hodge in to general the youngsters might go down as one of the best acquisitions ever.

Great to see a mutual show of respect between Tigers and Lions fans are both sides' complete lack of finals success in recent times. Brings you goosebumps.

Yes it's been forever since we won anything.....

Who said he was a spud. I am sad for supporters like you. Here you are in a game day thread heaping just s**t on the tigers with every post. Go outside and enjoy life.
Tigers supporters say the darndest things.

Yes it's been forever since we won anything.....
I know mate. Sorry you haven't had the chance to experience success.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Lions have accomplished plenty this year and should be congratulated for finishing 2nd. Gabba will be a different prospect in 2 weeks and the heat may have an effect.

Richmond have done bloody well to recover from early season injuries to go 9 on the trot. Well done both teams.

All joking aside Brisbane have been very good this year.
Getting hodge in to general the youngsters might go down as on of the best acquisitions ever.

All memes aside Richmond are clearly the best team we've played all year and will probably win the whole thing.

Richmond fans and snake Baker will be thrilled.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Well then that introduces the heat at night plus the humidity, both very difficult for teams that come from colder southern states to deal with.
First we can only play in the wet, now it’s not the dry but the humidity that will be our downfall... current temp in Brisbane is 19. Game time would be in about another hour, think we’ll be fine.

Marmik

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
R.Federer, M.Verstappen, ChelseaFC
Great game and turn out. Lions should be proud of their fantastic season, so should the Tigers. Looking forward to round 2!

Also noticed there’s a lot of respect between the two teams. Little pats on the back, jokes after tackles etc.

Just a warning for Richmond fans.

In the big games, we always learn from our losses.

QClash 2018 is my thesis. Read on.

First game was an absolute cracker, with the Suns just getting up at a packed Gabba.

You might be thinking "Wow how is this relevant BRAB" and my answer is the next game at a packed out Metricon.

Fagan doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and Richmond will have to think of a new way to play if they think they can beat us again in a big game.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Haven't beaten us at the Gabba for 14 years ;)

We have never lost a final at the Gabba either. One way or another, a drought will be broken.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Just a warning for Richmond fans.

In the big games, we always learn from our losses.

QClash 2018 is my thesis. Read on.

First game was an absolute cracker, with the Suns just getting up at a packed Gabba.

View attachment 733638

You might be thinking "Wow how is this relevant BRAB" and my answer is the next game at a packed out Metricon.

View attachment 733639

Fagan doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and Richmond will have to think of a new way to play if they think they can beat us again in a big game.

You have compared us to the sun's lel

p5ych00n5

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Cracking game played in a finalesque intensity with a finalesque crowd which will hold the finals raw Brissy players in good stead.
Of the 7 'home' games at the G, this was the one that worried me the most in regards to Brisbane breaking their hoodoo against us, I don't think my heart will handle the QF up at the Gabba.

Back