Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

Remove this Banner Ad

He
All memes aside Richmond are clearly the best team we've played all year and will probably win the whole thing.

Richmond fans and snake Baker will be thrilled.

He won’t be thrilled until he has baked every last snake in the country.

Gabba home final secured. All we needed today.

Given our horrid run with injury this year (Cutler, Brown, Black, Christensen and Tom Joyce) it's been awesome to make top two.

Once we have our best team out there we'll be much more competitive. Kept it even after Richmond jumped us in the first quarter.

Really have to find a way to stop Lids next time.

Horrid run with injury?

My only worry at the Gabba was going to be getting reamed by home ground umpiring.

We got reamed by the maggots a couple weeks in advance today and still won so I'm relieved. Feeling pretty confident.

Common consensus on the suns board was that you had the better end of the umpiring

Did you even watch? They were competitive from Q2 onwards. You’ll have your chance next year.

I said they need to be more competitive at home, that means winning or a much closer game. Brisbane fans have said all year that they should be taken seriously, they have a high ladder position. They need to step up in big games or people's scepticism will be justified

Tigers left a lot of points out here. But the Lions have a heap of talent and a really good attitude.

Reckon we'll do them in 2 weeks. But watch out over the next few years. Brisbane are here to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers left a lot of points out here. But the Lions have a heap of talent and a really good attitude.

Reckon we'll do them in 2 weeks. But watch out over the next few years. Brisbane are here to stay.

For awhile they seemed like they might catch up and even run away with it, but Tigers so mature, so experienced, composed and well set up. Should've sent in more chaos balls like Collingwood last year cos your defenders were gobbling it up.

Just a warning for Richmond fans.

In the big games, we always learn from our losses.

QClash 2018 is my thesis. Read on.

First game was an absolute cracker, with the Suns just getting up at a packed Gabba.

View attachment 733638

You might be thinking "Wow how is this relevant BRAB" and my answer is the next game at a packed out Metricon.

View attachment 733639

Fagan doesn't make the same mistakes twice, and Richmond will have to think of a new way to play if they think they can beat us again in a big game.
You have then met your match, because Hardwick is like that. Richmond learn from their mistakes as well.

Having said that, our midfield needs a change in style because it got destroyed. Don’t think we will win if our midfield performs like that again

Cracking game played in a finalesque intensity with a finalesque crowd which will hold the finals raw Brissy players in good stead.
Of the 7 'home' games at the G, this was the one that worried me the most in regards to Brisbane breaking their hoodoo against us, I don't think my heart will handle the QF up at the Gabba.
True, but it was nowhere near the pressure of last weeks Tiges/Eagles game. That was massive intense. Probably game of the year.
Still think the Tiges just done what they needed to do against the Lions after belting them early.

True, but it was nowhere near the pressure of last weeks Tiges/Eagles game. That was massive intense. Probably game of the year.
Still think the Tiges just done what they needed to do against the Lions after belting them early.
Good points all round, any game between the last two premiers is always gonna be a cracker and considering they gave us a bath earlier in the season it's a good one up on them.
Commentators were mentioning that this was the biggest H&A crowd for any Brisbane team regardless whether it was up at the Gabba or at the G. It's an excellent finals crowd/pressure prep for the Lions young'uns

Great game and turn out. Lions should be proud of their fantastic season, so should the Tigers. Looking forward to round 2!

Also noticed there’s a lot of respect between the two teams. Little pats on the back, jokes after tackles etc.
Saw heaps of the pats and jokes, the one that really stood out and the one BT went nuts over was Zorkos fly tackle on Baker over the boundary, would've crushed mere mortals but Baker smiled and Zorko ruffling his hair GG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back