Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 41 51.9%

• Total voters
Not much between the sides.

|Avg Age|Avg Gms|Wins
\Ri|24.78|83.8|8
\Co|24.63|90.4|8
According to some, Richmond need to trade Rance and Martin and start again.

When's the board challenge happening at Collingwood?
Is that the whole available list or tonights game Ron

Not much between the sides.

|Avg Age|Avg Gms|Wins
\Ri|24.78|83.8|8
\Co|24.63|90.4|8
According to some, Richmond need to trade Rance and Martin and start again.

When's the board challenge happening at Collingwood?
You see that as a positive?

Spook

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2003
Top of the pile looking down
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Claremont
I'm overseas and I just downloaded the last qtr to watch....... Was the whole game, skills and execution as poor as the first 7 minutes of the last qtr? That would have to be one of the worst exhibitions of s**t footy I have seen since I filmed a K grade amateurs scratch match.

Last edited:

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neither had those skills when they were Grundy's age, and neither was as effective as Grundy is now when they were his age, either.
Gawn was actually very good at grundys age when him and stef Martin had to ruck for the dees because Jamar was injured

...and they won't have Grundys ability to contest his own ball at ground level. Big call, Grundy is improving all the time, yet to peak, still young.
I assume you've never watched Gawn then

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tonight's teams.

Not really, but if you've opened a newspaper this week you'll know what I'm getting at.
You mean like the media did to Collingwood earlier in the year? When they were calling for Buckley and McGuire to both be removed?

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cry me some Pendles tears.
I'd love to see Pendles tears
Any emotion would be good.

Gees, you guys were terrible last night,dropping marks, and yet none of our players were there to pick them up! Your s**t, we were shitter! Congrats!

This game plan is zoning me out! Make it stop!

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeh getting about 7 direct shots from free kicks will do that

INSIDE
50's - what don't you understand? Thats how many ENTRIES into the forward line not shots or free kicks given within the zone once you get the ball in there.That's irrelevant to the inside 50's count.

Richmond spend so much time racking up possessions with dinky little kicks, switching play sideways and back across the ground, passing backwards etc without moving the ball foward at all.

Last edited:

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
No board at Collingwood its just a one man show.
Rubbish, that's a perception because of Eddies high media profile. Never heard of Gary Pert our CEO either I suppose? Or Ian McMullin, or Alisa Camplin, or Christina Holgate?
I bet you couldn't even name your president or any on the GWS board without googling them - does that mean you have a no-man-show?

Last edited:

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You mean like the media did to Collingwood earlier in the year? When they were calling for Buckley and McGuire to both be removed?

I mean like Lucas and Cornes telling Richmond to give up on Dion Prestia, we need to perform a full rebuild and there's no point chasing a 23yo. People read that s**t and regurgitate it here.

Is anyone saying Collingwood made a mistake landing Treloar?

Last edited:

mattt

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2014
Brunswick, VIC.
AFL Club
Richmond
INSIDE 50's - what don't you understand? Thats how many ENTRIES into the forward line not shots or free kicks given within the zone once you get the ball in there.That's irrelevant to the inside 50's count.

Richmond spend so much time racking up possessions with dinky little kicks, switching play sideways and back across the ground, passing backwards etc without moving the ball foward at all.

Obviously moved it forward just enough to kick a winning score.

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
I mean like Lucas and Cornes telling Richmond to give up on Dion Prestia, we need to perform a full rebuild and there's no point chasing a 23yo. People read that s**t and regurgitate it here.

Is anyone saying Collingwood made a mistake landing Treloar?

I agree with you RTB.

However, some of your own supporters heavily imply we made a mistake with the Treloar trade:
For all the talk of our top ups you look at some of the blokes the Pies have brought in and it's concerning for them, particularly given they don't have a pick in the first round this year.

I'm happy we secured Treloar and pick 28 instead of a first round pick in the lottery.
I was actually amazed that a Richmond supporter made this comment given their player selection history in previous drafts with top 10 picks.

mattt

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2014
Brunswick, VIC.
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah but with your dominance of play you should have belted us not crawled across the line.

I agree, but our two biggest winning margins this year have been against Brisbane (42 pts) and Essendon (38 pts). Hardly an offensive powerhouse. Dimma's defensive gameplan puts paid to that.

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Just read over some of the game day thread. This would have to be one of the most venomous places to talk about football. The only buggers that get on here and post seem to be people who hate whichever two teams are playing and want to spit bile over minutiae.

The cynics place to vent lyrical.
Just discovered social media? Rule one: don't use your own name. Rule 2: always be offensive. Rule 3: type first, never think. You'll get on fine:)

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree, but our two biggest winning margins this year have been against Brisbane (42 pts) and Essendon (38 pts). Hardly an offensive powerhouse. Dimma's defensive gameplan puts paid to that.
Yeah - don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Tiges (putting 1980 to one side).
Every team switches play in an attempt to get open play on the other side of the ground. But Dimmas style of play seems to lead to some sort of uncertainty. Instead of quick delivery into the forward line after opening up play they seemed to prop and go back again. Delivery was poor too (as was the Pies). There certaintly wasn't as much tackling pressure last night from the Pies either. It is just frustrating to watch.

Without too much of the should've, could've, would've - with the extra inside 50's the Pies had last night, if Moore was playing we probably would have got an undeserved win.

Back