Game Day Richmond v Essendon Qualifying Final Punt Road Oval Saturday 31/8 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Nank during his run up for his last goal
View attachment 737956

in reality, nanks head =

hqdefault.jpg

For Nank to trust the wind and stick it out on the point post knowing his kick probably decides the game is incredibly gutsy imo.
Yeah watching it on my phone in WA I thought he had blown it, then the wind brought it back beautifully and it was Tigertime yet again.

I enjoyed a life of limited responsibilities and social vices once upon a time. Now i am the enemy. White, bald and middled aged. I’d love to have a hot tub time machine for just one weekend around 1995. We were allowed to have opinions and had a sense of humour back then. A time before social media and the innerwebz. Just imagine that again.
Put me down for one of your hot tub time machines. I'm even prepared to offer seed funding. I want mine in black leather with silver trim. Make sure it's a four seater because Tottie Goldsmith, Jo Bailey and Ginger Lynn are coming with Me.

The entire club is mentality fragile and weak and nothing is going to change against West Coast sometimes i wonder why do i even bother supporting this club been s**t forever and it;s not going to change.
Comes over here putting the boots into his team on the opposition's board fishing for likes. Pathetic

very true.. You were brilliant front runners. Once you get on a roll, you just can't be stopped.
Front running from 40 points behind eh?
Posters who talk smack on their own board and then come over here and suck up to us are a source of great entertainment

Garthwaite was very good down back. Recken he is underrated here. Held the backline together really. Was strong in the contest and got a fist on the ball many many times. Physically not far away either now. Kicking was a little less reliable under pressure and with windy conditions though but still OK I guess.
He started off badly and I was even concerned about his position on our list.

After half time he was actually decent and then brilliant in the last quarter. I will say, he’s one of the reasons why we won the game.

Just finished watching the replay. Can't remember a game where a Richmond team were that far down at 3 quarter time and managed to win. Love Nank's competitiveness and never say die attitude. He looked stuffed but willed himself and the team over the line. Easily our number 1 ruck and a nice kick to win the game. Some pretty disappointing efforts from players who I would have thought would be chomping at the bit for a possible place in the Seniors like McIntosh, Chol, Naish to name a few. RCD and Miller aren't even near being ready and probably won't make it. Pickett showed glimpses but it took him a while to get going. Garth was ok at times but didn't set the world on fire. Thought we were beaten solidly around the ball until the last quarter, Ross did some nice things though.

I want RCD to make it so one day we have
R: Coleman-Jones, Collier-Dawkins, Egg-Smith

Otherwise we have to look at the draft and wonder why we didn’t pick Irving mosquito

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otherwise we have to look at the draft and wonder why we didn’t pick Irving mosquito

lol - commentators nightmare!!
Can see BT making a horrible mess of that

Well so far it's because can't even get on the park :think:

Was an awesome day yesty,Essendon were first at the ball for the majority of the game especially getting it out of the centre and were more direct.

I was a bit down in the guts but that last quarter was worth the entry fee,Tiger fans hugging and going off.

Nank kicking that goal,fantastic.

unbelievable last quarter, glad i didn't turn it off at 3 QTR time.

Nank must simply play i think alongside Soldo, Chol 2nd preference and then Balta who didn't do enough round 23 for mine

Pickett looks great but not this year i think, let him debut round 1 next year as a feel good story.

Macintosh fallen off a cliff and would be some sort of trade bait this year you would think alongside Butler (who was okay). Ellis will likely leave i think which opens up a spot on the wing for someone next year, not sure Naish is the answer, Turner developing nicely

CCJ looks amazing for a 2nd year tall, finds the ball, contested marks, tackles, just a lot of things to love, don't know how he gets a game though, interesting dilemma

RCD is so far off its not funny, he is a great size and shape but extract the ball and don't fumble son! has concrete hands and has poor endurance and positioning and instincts, needs a lot of coaching and a large pre season

The boys must have read this thread at 3qtr time.

In hindsight that criticism is all good and well, but honestly, leading up to three qtr time, there wasn't much to suggest we had a snowflakes chance in hell. They had momentum, desire, structures, oh and a little thing called a 40pt lead. We had blokes waiting for the footy to come to them. At 3/4 time McRae apparently set them free from what must have been holding them back, they were told to use the corridor more, to change up the angles and play risky footy. It really was great to watch that finish!

Last edited:
My missus is away all weekend so i cracked it and started getting dinner ready. Those 3 quarters i watched were putrid.
Do us a favor don't watch next Saturday night.:p:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back