VFL RICHMOND v. ESSENDON Semi Final, Saturday 12:40 pm @ PORT (Stannards Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think Short was that bad. I think there were some nerves early on, but understand as his first final.
Don’t think he has been as good with Houli back in, but you would expect that.
He wasn't 'that' bad, but he was our worst.

One bad game for Jayden. I'd back him in.
Not sure we can carry Broad if he is only going to touch the ball three times.
Jayden has had plenty of bad games, it's just his softness, panicking under pressure and lack of accountability are amplified when the stakes are raised. He was lucky not to cough up three goals in the first quarter alone. His lauded kicking goes to s**t the moment there is a hint of pressure.

Broad destroyed Gunston, I'll take that.

You mean Short. WOG by a mile on Thursday. Fair dinkum petrified. All Broad did was force an AA forward to move to half back to get a kick.

WOG.

Last time I checked Short was not of Greek or Italian descent, or from some other European background, bro.

HEKTIK call!

Short will play in the prelim. Still 500m+ metres gained. :cool:

Line ball call. Had plenty of time to get rid of it so fair enough. Stupid not to give the ball back properly, but not so bad the ump shouldn’t have said to the Essendon player to make more effort to get the ball.
Not a line ball call. Have to be tackled for it to be holding the ball. He shrugged the tackle.

WOG.

Last time I checked Short was not of Greek or Italian descent, or from some other European background, bro.

HEKTIK call!

Short will play in the prelim. Still 500m+ metres gained. :cool:
Worst On Ground, bro.

How many metres gained did we win by last week? Short himself has admitted he kicks long when he shouldn't at times. When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a measure.

Worst On Ground, bro.

How many metres gained did we win by last week? Short himself has admitted he kicks long when he shouldn't at times. When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a measure.
Come on Richo, you've been around long enough to know better than to talk down a fan favourite, as they can do no wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not ideal to lose this as it effects out confidence a little

one thing watching this game was that our system of small pressure and tackling was non-existant.

was this coaching? cos we had far too many talls out there
No Bolton has a bit of an impact, otherwise it's Stengle on his own.

I'm not surprised with this result in the slightest. The step up in finals is massive and these kids aren't ready. Morris is barely a VFL standard player. His kamikaze approach cost us free kicks in seniors and he did it today at crucial periods. Lloyd & Miles the blokes who are supposed to be carrying the midfield load showed why they can't get games consistently at AFL level. Under the heat they were exposed. Gee Miles looked ordinary at times and LLoyd was terrible - If we get 3rd rounders for these blokes it is a pass. Garth and Balta both with brain farts will hopefully learn the inches it takes in finals to lose or win. Discipline is such an underrated stat.

Brandon Ellis was so-so. Didn't really stamp himself on the game like a senior player should at that level. In all honesty Corey Ellis was probably our most consistent player all day which says a lot. Just a poor game all round.

Although Balta got caught, he still had a hugely encouraging game. I'd want them to back him to continue to take the game on, with experience he will learn to sharpen that a bit, but you dont discourage his huge potential, he could be anything.

Moore and C Ellis are definitely worth another year, still holding hope.

Lloyd and Miles not needed, delist/trade.

No small forward and way too tall. No wonder we lost.

Had no run cos we had like 6-7 lunbering trees out there
Given they are all AFL listed players, you're not going to pick a non listed player over them.

Our VFL side cant implement our AFL game style because we have no pace inside forward 50. Our AFL side can lock the ball in, we were trailing their defenders all day today and on most occasions they ran away from us. Bolton a big difference in that area when in the side.

At times we looked very slow elsewhere around the ground. Our overlap running not working as we consistently got run down. Need to have a further influx of pace and footy smarts around the contest. Some very football illiterate players in the side but i guess it is a VFL level side so we cant expect miracles.

Grow up. How old are you?

How PC are you? Telling me to grow up and youre the one sooking about what a random said on a forum.

How PC are you? Telling me to grow up and youre the one sooking about what a random said on a forum.

You're talking about one of our players "pounding his misus"

You're talking to a fellow poster saying that he pounded his misses. Grow up boyo. You're out of line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back