VFL RICHMOND v. ESSENDON Semi Final, Saturday 12:40 pm @ PORT (Stannards Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

His first half was a very defensive role and he did well enough as we were certainly kept in the game. An absolute brain fade gave away a 50 and goal in the 3rd. His redemption came in the 4th with some telling marks as he settled back into his defensive role again.

The guy that showed improvement for mine was Miller. Was involved in goals through bullocking work, taps and handballs when we were getting nothing from Soldo.

Not even going rate Naish's game, clearly injured and showed enough courage just to be out there.

I can't see a redeeming feature in Morris's game. He has slipped massively. No doubt he has the heart, but stuggling at even VFL. Was responsible for Green who carved him up because he played him so wide - he was worse that loose.

It was good to catch up with TI at the game. We argued solidly about players, but that just shows how different eyes have different perspectives and cause pause to think. Enjoyed the banter!
A pleasure to meet up and thanks again for your kind invitation for Thursday nights game into the MCC area.
I was surprised that you got on better with my Essendon mate than me at the game yesterday. :moustache:
PS I’m on record somewhere on here stating that Markov would be a better player than CEllis and Menadue , but just lost patience with his body.
Of course you won’t believe me and will never let me live it up.:) I hope you enjoyed your nephews game this morning at 8am. My little fellas had me up at 6:30 for their intra club match. ;)

A pleasure to meet up and thanks again for your kind invitation for Thursday nights game into the MCC area.
I was surprised that you got on better with my Essendon mate than me at the game yesterday. :moustache:
PS I’m on record somewhere on here stating that Markov would be a better player than CEllis and Menadue , but just lost patience with his body.
Of course you won’t believe me and will never let me live it up.:) I hope you enjoyed your nephews game this morning at 8am. My little fellas had me up at 6:30 for their intra club match. ;)

Haha. It was great to attend that game with you on Thursday. You are as big a footy tragic as they come and definately no Imposter. Hope to catch up again next season when I'm down there again. Your Essendon mate was standing between us - good bloke....... for a Bomber's supporter.
I'll have to send you an eraser so you can rub out that line you put through Markov:D:D:D:D:D:D

My nephew's game was a ripper. Down by 7 at qtr time. Up by 1pt at half time in a low scoring affair. The oppo went bang in the 3rd and led 49 to 25, BUT the Beleura boys had the scoring end in in the 4th. The oppo's coach implorred his kids to crush Beleura now, saying "they just didn't want it - the game was theirs for the taking". Bit cocky I thought but the score was on the board! Took 5 minutes to score a single solitary point. My nephew marked couragously in the 6th minute in the centre square, milked a 50m from some treatment and duly goaled, which seemed to kick the boys into gear. His teamate snapped a miracle banana kick goal from the pocket when falling over the boundary with 7min to go, but still down by 11. My nephew got a loose ball get but fumbled, however still had enough momentum to kick off the ground as he was tackled and it went 40m, with one of those fluky bounces going over two kids as they attacked it - it continued fwd and was picked it up by the big fwd, turned both ways and snagged a sausage. 3mins to go, the coach took the big fwd off the ground and played a slighter, more agile kid who looked less of a footballer - he was isolated one on one when the ball came out of the oppo's forward line quickly and in a marking contest he beat a bigger kid with some great body work. As the clock ran under 1.00 he duly goaled - up by 2 now. the ball took forever to get back for the bounce, and in that next 30 secs we saw the ball inch into the oppo's forward line again, before the siren sounded. The boys couldn't believe they had done it. To the Oppos coach's credit he praised Beleura's focus and effort in that last quarter and said the better definately won (I'm not so sure of that tbh, but, he was a good man for saying that publically too all and sundry over the microphone). It was a really enjoyable game, win lose or draw. Played in tough, fantastic spirit. A real bonus for my trip down.

(Probably too much imformation about the game - but geez I really enjoyed it!}

Haha. It was great to attend that game with you on Thursday. You are as big a footy tragic as they come and definately no Imposter. Hope to catch up again next season when I'm down there again. Your Essendon mate was standing between us - good bloke....... for a Bomber's supporter.
I'll have to send you an eraser so you can rub out that line you put through Markov:D:D:D:D:D:D

My nephew's game was a ripper. Down by 7 at qtr time. Up by 1pt at half time in a low scoring affair. The oppo went bang in the 3rd and led 49 to 25, BUT the Beleura boys had the scoring end in in the 4th. The oppo's coach implorred his kids to crush Beleura now, saying "they just didn't want it - the game was theirs for the taking". Bit cocky I thought but the score was on the board! Took 5 minutes to score a single solitary point. My nephew marked couragously in the 6th minute in the centre square, milked a 50m from some treatment and duly goaled, which seemed to kick the boys into gear. His teamate snapped a miracle banana kick goal from the pocket when falling over the boundary with 7min to go, but still down by 11. My nephew got a loose ball get but fumbled, however still had enough momentum to kick off the ground as he was tackled and it went 40m, with one of those fluky bounces going over two kids as they attacked it - it continued fwd and was picked it up by the big fwd, turned both ways and snagged a sausage. 3mins to go, the coach took the big fwd off the ground and played a slighter, more agile kid who looked less of a footballer - he was isolated one on one when the ball came out of the oppo's forward line quickly and in a marking contest he beat a bigger kid with some great body work. As the clock ran under 1.00 he duly goaled - up by 2 now. the ball took forever to get back for the bounce, and in that next 30 secs we saw the ball inch into the oppo's forward line again, before the siren sounded. The boys couldn't believe they had done it. To the Oppos coach's credit he praised Beleura's focus and effort in that last quarter and said the better definately won (I'm not so sure of that tbh, but, he was a good man for saying that publically too all and sundry over the microphone). It was a really enjoyable game, win lose or draw. Played in tough, fantastic spirit. A real bonus for my trip down.

(Probably too much imformation about the game - but geez I really enjoyed it!}
Wow your nephews game sounded amazing and you couldn’t make stuff like that up. I can see the energy and excitement in you in the way you described it.
It must have been a special day for the family. Anyway please give me a buzz whenever you hit Melbourne so we can catch up again.
Still hurting over Saturday and I will need to wait two weeks before I can cheer up again. As for being a Tiger Tragic I think you’re on about the same level as me. ;)

Read my lips , rance played on Gunston

With 9 minutes to play in the first, Mitchell kicks the ball into the forward line and the ball trickles out of bounds. The player tracking the ball to the boundary line was Gunston, after he pushed broad in the back to get space. I watched the match up live all night, it was Broad playing on Gunston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 9 minutes to play in the first, Mitchell kicks the ball into the forward line and the ball trickles out of bounds. The player tracking the ball to the boundary line was Gunston, after he pushed broad in the back to get space. I watched the match up live all night, it was Broad playing on Gunston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All night ?

RhF45k4.png

RJyKVH0.png

I hope you all realise that our defence isn’t as simple as each defender taking a certain opposition player each for the whole game. It chops and changes. 3 or 4 different players could have played on Gunston.

Stupid argument.

I think you’ve misread the posts mate as people were looking at him more in terms of potential.
He’s at the stage where he’s getting to the right spots and working hard in getting there. He’s a competitive beast and that’s heart warming in itself.
ATM he’s not impacting the game possession wise bc he’s not strong enough to hold his ground when he cops that big hit on his body he will drop more marks than clunk them. He’s a first year player just like Jack and Rance were at one stage and people like you ,had their doubts about these boys. Yet I wasn’t as I was looking at where they were at the start of the season and what they were doing after a season. You could see they had the smarts , skills and class without the strength and body. Noah is at this stage and the two blokes that were with me ( one a bomber) all agreed that he has the capacity to be a super player once he develops fully. He threatened to own the game at times , but his body and tank let him down and considering it’s been a long season it was entitled to. Just be patient as the old cliche goes “ Talls take longer” .
CCJ is similar and four weeks ago he got 46 ho and around 20 possessions against the number one ruck in the comp and yet yesterday he couldn’t blow out a candle.
Miller was super impressive yesterday after a few quiet weeks and he looked like a future Big Boy McEvoy , but with a bit more speed. I was really impressed with him and I’d wished Fly had thrown him in the ruck against that young big Bomber dinosaur as he was looking extremely mobile and in threatening form. Soldo was too slow and playing into his hands and Chol was clueless and clumsy when forced to ruck. So commonsense was to throw Miller in there as his ground and aerial work up forward was troubling Essendon, but he was getting limited opportunities bc of our lack of deep forward entries . Throw him in the ruck and put him into the game like a Nankervis type and suddenly you have a massive midfielder opening up the game for our midfielders. Xxxx it I’m still bleeding bc win that game and Baker and Bolton come back the next week.

I admit it - I was pissed at the time I posted this about Balta's stats...

I rate Balta ...he wasn't the reason we lost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back