Richmond v Geelong at the Gabba: the most bogan Grand Final ever?

Richmond v Geelong at the Gabba; the most bogan GF of all time?

• I'm a bogan and the association with Richmond is offensive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A Collingwood v Port Adelaide GF would be the most bogan GF ever.

Collingwood in their historic white jumper with black stripes, Port in their black prison bars jumper.

Footy gods, please make it happen in my lifetime.
I hope these two teams never ever play off in a GF. Every Lions' fan worst nightmare.

Go to Kardinia Park and you'll see mostly oldies who bring their knitting along and a few middle class families. Hell, even the cheer squad is so old and conservative they eventually kicked cat man out.
Honestly, the atmosphere is just flat unless we are kicking goals. Although that may have more to do with the fact it costs an arm and a leg to get a seat there.
Corio, yup bogan. Geelong as a whole is very middle class with half decent beaches nearby.
I can vouch for the knitting needle ladies. In the 70s I was attacked by a lady wielding one, she also had a blue rinse. I survived to fight another day!

You must never have been to Geelong, it’s one of the most bogan towns in the nation. I know, I lived there for 6 years.

It’s bogan team vs bogan sook team.
And when were you last in Geelong?

all aussies are bogans
I'll qualify that, all Aussies have bogan in them, it's just a matter of percentage. I probably have 10% in me, the population of Geelong probably has an average percentage of 60-70%. Tiges supporters probably have around the same.

Just before stage 4 kicked in, my olds live there and my brother lives in Barwon Heads.
I left Geelong 30 years ago when it was a bog-industrial city. With major manufacturing leaving Geelong you'd be aware it is reinventing itself as an education and services city. It still has its "bogan" suburbs on the north-east outskirts (just as Ballarat does), but give it a generation and they'll be gone.

posted by a fan who, much like his club, is desperate for relevancy and drowning in a sea of mediocrity

I'll qualify that, all Aussies have bogan in them, it's just a matter of percentage. I probably have 10% in me, the population of Geelong probably has an average percentage of 60-70%. Tiges supporters probably have around the same.
drummer says he isn't a bogan....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I left Geelong 30 years ago when it was a bog-industrial city. With major manufacturing leaving Geelong you'd be aware it is reinventing itself as an education and services city. It still has its "bogan" suburbs on the north-east outskirts (just as Ballarat does), but give it a generation and they'll be gone.

You might have had a shot at gentrifying them out of existence pre-covid mate, but you're stuck with them for a while yet now.

The whole Northern suburbs are a snake pit, Whittington, Thomson, Breakwater, parts of Newcomb, parts of Belmont and Grovedale. Plenty of bogan areas in Geelong

Back