Richmond v Geelong at the Gabba: the most bogan Grand Final ever?

Richmond v Geelong at the Gabba; the most bogan GF of all time?

• I'm a bogan and the association with Richmond is offensive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Bones-Tinnie.jpeg

Robbie McGhie says get ****ed.

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Grand Final really needs a magpies flavour to it, don't you think?

Nothing is sweeter in my "mind" when the Cats fans have to marinate and taste a magpies triumph.🤮

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Go to Kardinia Park and you'll see mostly oldies who bring their knitting along and a few middle class families. Hell, even the cheer squad is so old and conservative they eventually kicked cat man out.
Honestly, the atmosphere is just flat unless we are kicking goals. Although that may have more to do with the fact it costs an arm and a leg to get a seat there.
Corio, yup bogan. Geelong as a whole is very middle class with half decent beaches nearby.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Adelaide v Richmond wasn't far off in bogan potential, but both hadn't been in a GF for 19 years and 35 years respectively so neutrals were more obliging than they otherwise might be.

Gordon Farkas

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Go to Kardinia Park and you'll see mostly oldies who bring their knitting along and a few middle class families. Hell, even the cheer squad is so old and conservative they eventually kicked cat man out.
Honestly, the atmosphere is just flat unless we are kicking goals. Although that may have more to do with the fact it costs an arm and a leg to get a seat there.
Corio, yup bogan. Geelong as a whole is very middle class with half decent beaches nearby.

Great post. Geelong have a diverse supporter base - from Norlane ugg boots to Western District moleskins, with everything in between. Your typical Geelong Grammar boarding house alumni who inherits a seat in the Brownlow Stand at the same time they inherit a sheep station is somewhat different to the blue collar sons of toil from the northern suburbs who populate the furthest reaches of the Gary Ablett Terrace (where, it has to be said, the atmosphere is much better than amongst the knitting granny brigade who proliferate elsewhere). Throw in the laid back surfer types from the Bellarine Peninsula and surrounds, plus the non-squattocratic country folk and it all adds up to a veritable melting pot of blue and white demographic goodness.

Overall, not all Cats supporters are bogans - sadly, most of us probably aren't. But those who are can match it with the best of bogan-dom.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Great post. Geelong have a diverse supporter base - from Norlane ugg boots to Western District moleskins, with everything in between. Your typical Geelong Grammar boarding house alumni who inherits a seat in the Brownlow Stand at the same time they inherit a sheep station is somewhat different to the blue collar sons of toil from the northern suburbs who populate the furthest reaches of the Gary Ablett Terrace (where, it has to be said, the atmosphere is much better than amongst the knitting granny brigade who proliferate elsewhere). Throw in the laid back surfer types from the Bellarine Peninsula and surrounds, plus the non-squattocratic country folk and it all adds up to a veritable melting pot of blue and white demographic goodness.

Overall, not all Cat supporters are bogans - sadly, most of us probably aren't. But those who are can match it with the best of bogan-dom.
The landed gentry of the Western Districts squattocracy are financially an important element of the club

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Bones-Tinnie.jpeg

Robbie McGhie says get f’ed.
I remember in the build up to the 2017 granny, Channel 7 crossed to a Richmond fan who had dressed up as McGhie, with fake sideburns, moustache, mullet and tatts. The bonus was that said fan was a young Asian woman. The only thing missing was that she didn't have a f** or a tinnie to scull.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
You must be new to Aussie Rules. Clubs like Port, Crows, Pies (top of the list) are easily ahead of the Cats.

As for the Tiges, yeah we're top 2 (see above for #1).

If you said, bogan team vs sook team then you would have been on the money.

I'll see myself out.

Go Tiges.
You must never have been to Geelong, it’s one of the most bogan towns in the nation. I know, I lived there for 6 years.

It’s bogan team vs bogan sook team.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
The Grand Final really needs a magpies flavour to it, don't you think?

Nothing is sweeter in my "mind" when the Cats fans have to marinate and taste a magpies triumph.🤮
That doesnt happen often. we have beaten you in 4 out of 5 knockout finals in the past 13 years.

and against port we are 2 and 0 in knockout finals.

Thats 6 out of 7. cats are the magpie killers

Back