Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev and Betts say hi. Richmonds list bit thin after Riewoldt. Who isn't even the best Riewoldt. Richo was terrible. Lynch a role player etc

Don't work so hard to convince us of your ignorance

Last 2 games v Collingwood (Grundy) and Eagles (nicNat) been miles behind

Feel can break even Tigers this front
Soldo has mauled Stefan Martin the last two weeks. He is a very good tap ruck in good form. Nank is always a tough customer and between the two will give us the edge no problem. The only are on the ground where we will be better than Geelong.

Tigers supporters should temper themselves a bit. Preliminary finals are always 50-50. Sure Richmond's form has been better but Geelong when up and purring are a quality side and swept all aside in the first half of the year. It seemed to click last week against WC, so they will have their confidence back, a big factor in finals. Almost sure this will be an absolute cracker of a final.

I basically agree with that - and i have tipped Rich by a fair margin

However i dont think that Brisbane win is totally rock solid - 1st qtr it was 4-6 to 3 goals - 23 inside 50 to 6 - plus the Grimes reversal which was an absolute shocker - its all about scoreboard pressure - if they had converted they could have been 5 goals in front

From a Geel perspective - the more i watch of the Eagles game replay - the more sneakier chance i give the Cats of winning - thats the best Geel has played in 3 months - and i liked the style they played and how they ran out the game

I also like the fact they are not coming off a weeks break - theve had the 2 Frid night games - so just a 3rd game this week - same time same venue

You only have to look at HAW - they won the 3 flags in a row - yet they won the 3 prelims by 6pts or less - yet walked in the GFs

I give the Cats a sneaky chance this week
Much more than a sneaky chance, a very good chance. It may blow out, but I bet it doesn't.

Tigers supporters should temper themselves a bit. Preliminary finals are always 50-50. Sure Richmond's form has been better but Geelong when up and purring are a quality side and swept all aside in the first half of the year. It seemed to click last week against WC, so they will have their confidence back, a big factor in finals. Almost sure this will be an absolute cracker of a final.

Finally, someone with some common sense.

Much more than a sneaky chance, a very good chance. It may blow out, but I bet it doesn't.

After the Coll loss in the 1st final - 7 goals for the game - jittery start again - i wouldnt have given Geel any chance against Richmond - i wouldnt have backed them at 100 to 1

However last week against the Eagles - i know it is only the 1 game - but i liked what i saw - and im just pleased their continuity- because that weeks break allways seems to buggger Geel up

Hawkins out ( and he deserves to be suspended ) - my view is if Gary Rohan is fit he is a reasonable replacement - because he is very strong o/head and quick - however if he doesnt come up - the cupboard gets very bare - re replacements - vfl standard

That Bris game was a good example of how Rich can kick multiple goals very quickly - and put a decent gap on the opposition in a matter of minutes - thats the worry for Geel

Fev and Betts say hi. Richmonds list bit thin after Riewoldt. Who isn't even the best Riewoldt. Richo was terrible. Lynch a role player etc
Neither are fit to carry Richos bags.
In Fevolas case literally he probably couldn’t without needing an ambulance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says a fu*** richmond supporter. Your 2017 flag is competely tainted by the fact you played 3 non melbourne teams in melbourne during the finals and you were only the deserved home team in one of those three games.
Wouldn’t be talking about tainted flags if I was a Geelong supporter;)

Oh wow, Collingwood were the same odds last year against you in the Prelim. How did that work out?
Didnt you read what i said? The Cats are minor premiers, just like the Tiges last year. The Tiges are 3rd just like the Pies last year, thats why they were $3, but why are Geelong $3.30? Shouldn't it be the other way around.

Didnt you read what i said? The Cats are minor premiers, just like the Tiges last year. The Tiges are 3rd just like the Pies last year, thats why they were $3, but why are Geelong $3.30? Shouldn't it be the other way around.

Apologies, I misread it. Sorry

geelong have gone win loss win loss since the bye, its bound to be broken sooner rather then later but it couldn't possible happen this week against a rampaging tigers outfit who everyone is calling unbeatable or could it ?

Chris Scott already mouthing off saying Richmond were better last year. Pfft. Can’t coach, can’t sledge. What a lemon

He was actually very respectful in answering that question but like most Cats supporters they were appalled to think that could be grabbed out and made a headline then jumped on by tiger supporters who need no prompting to ‘mouth off’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thankfully he will be in charge until at least the end of 2022.

Like someone would ever want to poach him with his finals record lol

Well he’s got Geel there when they shouldn’t have been 7 out of 8 years. Mmmm.....I can think of a fair few clubs who wouldn’t mind that record.

He was actually very respectful in answering that question but like most Cats supporters they were appalled to think that could be grabbed out and made a headline then jumped on by tiger supporters who need no prompting to ‘mouth off’.

I have a somewhat different take on what Scott said. I'm not saying it was or wasn't respectful, but it was a weird thing to say. The comparison with Leigh Matthews "if they bleed" comments about Essendon back in the day has been made, but I think that underlines what is wrong with Scott doing this now. Matthews was leading a young team taking on one of the most dominant sides ever. Everyone, including his own players, knew that it was an incredibly daunting task, and he had to galvanise his players. Scott is leading the minor premiers against the third place team. Compare his response to Dimma's, admittedly boring, standard response of "they're a very good team and we'll have to be on song to beat them". Dimma's coaching a confident team and his message is "don't be complacent". By trying to talk Richmond down, Scott comes across as defensive and petulant. It actually gives out the opposite message to the one he wants.

geelong have gone win loss win loss since the bye, its bound to be broken sooner rather then later but it couldn't possible happen this week against a rampaging tigers outfit who everyone is calling unbeatable or could it ?
Who is saying they're unbeatable? Last I heard everyone was trolling & writing Richmond off after the bye.
Please quote the people who are saying this ......
Love how you lot are trying to stay under the radar and claiming the "underdog status". We all know you have the dream run and if WC didn't crap the bed you wouldn't be where you are.

Last edited:
Back