Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
With the potential for a bit of rain, you would think unlikely wouldn't you? Here is the chance to try something bold and go a bit smaller and unpredictable. The conditions should suit.

What rain? Chances are falling. According to Jane no rain just wind and warmish spring night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Weather update for Friday: Max of 25, sunny and cloudy during the afternoon with a slight shower or thunderstorm in the Western Suburbs during the evening. Seems the slight shower will miss the CBD. Perfect conditions just like in Brisbane a fortnight ago where Riewoldt & Lynch kicked 6 between them :)
Go Tigers!

Last edited:

Wagee

Debutant
Apr 26, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmond in rare form, only missing 1 player from their best 22 out, gonna be extremely hard to beat its their premiership to lose

Richmond in rare form, only missing 1 player from their best 22 out, gonna be extremely hard to beat its their premiership to lose

Lol wot

I Love everyone pumping us up hoping we fail so they can go 'ha you got ahead of yourselves' when really its only oppo flogs going on about how unbeatable we are

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Another “Geelong victim”. Amazing.
Maybe we claim to be victims because our club is a f*** victim. The most disadvantaged team in world sport. Even the Pakistan cricket team doesnt play home games at its oppositions home ground. They at least get a neutral ground for home games.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Another very unthought out post from a Collingwood Draftee signing up just before finals. If you're trying to shift the pressure from the Pies not dropping the cup atleast make it a bit more believable.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Imagine Geelol lose after being minor premiers & choke from being 11-1 pre bye.......lol
Sorry buddy money talks BS walks.. The money is on your lot - lets see if the choke is on... Our team is on its last legs without our AA full forward. You have had a year to adjust to life without Rance.. Don't choke lol.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep agree we would choke by losing a second PF in a row but we'll own it like last years choke.
On the other hand you cats fans are the biggest sooks of them all.
If you're not whinging about grounds you're whinging about your own players or umpires just look at the QF thread for evidence.
Your coach must rub off on you lot.
It's like you're all already looking for excuses when you lose & say "yeah we're s**t & it was expected" to avoid the pressure & trolling which you would happily dishout if you win.
Grow a pair & own your successful H&A season & if you lose a 4th PF in a row I see that as a fricking continuous choke if i have ever seen one!!!
The only person I respect from the Geelol fans on here is Big Footy's most cockiest poster being Mr Cockarfitt because atleast he will own his BS trash talk.
You clearly haven't read the Chris Scott thread.. Our team is anything but stable and in good form - you guys should pump us. If you don't I will lol hard though.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
You clearly haven't read the Chris Scott thread.. Our team is anything but stable and in good form - you guys should pump us. If you don't I will lol hard though.
Jesus it's like chatting to a brick wall. You can "lol" all you want & remain in your shells.
And hell no why would I read anything in a Chris Sook thread! I'd rather read the bible than whatever word vomit & utter s**t that comes out of his mouth.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Seriously guys, this is the main board and not the banter thread. I'm sure we're all concerned, hence all the sh*t posting. It doesn't mean that we need to go for the throat, lol.

For the Tigers guys, we probably loathe Chris Scott more than you do sometimes (I've said this in the banter thread a couple of times and on here). We think our chances are 15-20% at best, which is probably what the bookies think too. Most are excited for this game, and concede that we'll have to play the game of our lives, to get the W. If you guys lose, it'll be perceived as a 'choke' given last years capitulation to Collingwood, but in reality it won't be a disaster given the adversity you've gone through re: injuries this year.

To the Cats guys, I've spent a bit of time on the Tiger board, and contrary to earlier thoughts, not all are made equal. Yes there's some sh*t posting, but I think the majority of their ire is directed at Scott (like us), and comments surrounding them having privilege over us, and the subsequent backlash that comes from that perspective. We had a good win and we should take some confidence from that, but we are the minor premier and it is a choke on our part if we lose. We have also had some things go against us (Clark, Duncan, Hawkins and Rohan from our Best 22 all out this week), but we have also developed some good depth.

The fact is, most reasonable posters are actually really excited about this game, at the same time as being f*cking terrified of choking. Money is on Richmond, but we play best when our backs are against the wall. I still think Richmond will pip us, but I'm just hoping for a <than 3 goal margin and a solid contest that isn't a reflection of our past 2 prelim shellackings.

If you're gonna be obnoxious and sh*tpost take it to the banter threads, as most just want to discuss the game here. Otherwise to the rest of you, may the best team win!

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Fev and Betts say hi. Richmonds list bit thin after Riewoldt. Who isn't even the best Riewoldt. Richo was terrible. Lynch a role player etc
3 Colemans 1 Premiership and possibly another coming and when it comes to Richo 800 goals which is 12th highest VFL/AFL history
Yeah Richo was terrible

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Geelong played their Grand Final last week against the eagles after getting embarrassed by collingwood they came out and gave it their all against the eagles

They will play 6/7 players 29+ that after 2 hard games on the bigger ground will take its toll on the old fella's and even if the game is close at 3/4 time they will just run out of legs with a fresh and rested Richmond finishing full of running. Just had a closer look at the expected geelong side and what stands out is

* Dangerfield , Guthrie , Kelly , Selwood are the major players to pay attention to then there is very little that presents a danger
* Hawkins (AA FF) whist has not been kicking many goals recently has been playing a team orientated game and has been extremely important
* Duncan Will be another player sorely missed and provides depth and good run
* Rohan , Whilst i have never rated this guy and his finals record is worse than Richo's kicking in a slow side like Geelong they will miss hi pace

* Geelong will suffer and struggle to keep in touch with Richmond due to having a slow team that relies heavy on maintaining possessions and accurate disposal but on a bigger ground against a team like richmond where they wont have the time or space to do this im expecting the game to be blown open after half time when the Old players after 2 hard weeks succumb to the fresh young fast pace of the Tiger outfit.

* 12 goals will win this game , Does Geelong have the ability to kick 12 goals as Lynch/Riewoldt/Martin will easily kick 8/9 goals between the 3 of them specially if Henderson plays defence then this could really get messy.

$1,35 -$3,30 could be seen as good odds but Richmond $3.50 to win by 40+ is a more attractive option

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong played their Grand Final last week against the eagles after getting embarrassed by collingwood they came out and gave it their all against the eagles

They will play 6/7 players 29+ that after 2 hard games on the bigger ground will take its toll on the old fella's and even if the game is close at 3/4 time they will just run out of legs with a fresh and rested Richmond finishing full of running. Just had a closer look at the expected geelong side and what stands out is

* Dangerfield , Guthrie , Kelly , Selwood are the major players to pay attention to then there is very little that presents a danger
* Hawkins (AA FF) whist has not been kicking many goals recently has been playing a team orientated game and has been extremely important
* Rohan , Whilst i have never rated this guy and his finals record is worse than Richo's kicking in a slow side like Geelong they will miss hi pace

* Geelong will suffer and struggle to keep in touch with Richmond due to having a slow team that relies heavy on maintaining possessions and accurate disposal but on a bigger ground against a team like richmond where they wont have the time or space to do this im expecting the game to be blown open after half time when the Old players after 2 hard weeks succumb to the fresh young fast pace of the Tiger outfit.

* 12 goals will win this game , Does Geelong have the ability to kick 12 goals as Lynch/Riewoldt/Martin will easily kick 8/9 goals between the 3 of them specially if Henderson plays defence then this could really get messy.

$1,35 -$3,30 could be seen as good odds but Richmond $3.50 to win by 40+ is a more attractive option
Imagine if you lost lol...

Lol wot

I Love everyone pumping us up hoping we fail so they can go 'ha you got ahead of yourselves' when really its only oppo flogs going on about how unbeatable we are
Lol. The way your supporters are talking you're undefeated and going for your 4th flag in a row.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond

Agree, I think close first half and than we’ll blow it open in the 3rd. Reckon the $3.50 is very good value.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Lol wot

It’s the same every year
1) ‘Neutrals’ pump us up
2) Opposition supporters come up with some convoluted reason they have us covered
3) Tigers supporters call that reason bullshit (but don’t generally argue with the good points)
4) ‘Neutral’ supporters call us cocky

Rinse and repeat

Lol. The way your supporters are talking you're undefeated and going for your 4th flag in a row.

Bigfooty nuffies aren't a true representation of anything, by your reasoning Geelong supporters are all gay haters who threaten to stab people on the reg like you do.

It’s the same every year
1) ‘Neutrals’ pump us up
2) Opposition supporters come up with some convoluted reason they have us covered
3) Tigers supporters call that reason bulls**t (but don’t generally argue with the good points)
4) ‘Neutral’ supporters call us cocky

Rinse and repeat
It's not the same every year. Richmond has only been competing for the last 3 with almost 4 decades of nothing prior. People, myself included we're all aboard the tiggy train for the latter part of the 2017 finals and it was good to see them finally break through.

Then social media and this forum got bombarded by Richmond cockiness and people were happy to see them choke in the PF last year.

The 'us against the world' theme is so played out and boring and really doesn't fit here. You'd probably find more neutrals would rather see Geelong get smashed than Richmond choke again.

Back