Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick explained it perfectly. Last year we got jumped by Collingwood and couldn’t recover.

This year, we’ve developed the mental strength that even if we get jumped early, we can reel sides in (West Coast R22, Brisbane QF, Geelong PF).

We’re better than last year, regardless what’s the stats or W/L column says.

Unfortunately for Scott, he can’t see past his massive ego.
Yes true. Last years prelim defeat was always going to be a galvanizing factor too. Scott should be gagged pre game. Very stubborn and arrogant. Good luck next week!

The Chris Scott & Joel Selwood leadership combination in finals:

2012 - 6th - .L
2013 - 2nd - L W L
2014 - 3rd -. L L
2015 - 10th
2016 - 2nd - W_. L
2017 - 2nd - L W L
2018 - 8th -. L
2019 - 1st - .L W L

4 wins, 11 losses. That's just over a 25% winning strike rate.

Geelong have had 5 (five) top 3 finishes in the past 7 years for a 0-4 W/L record in Prelim Finals

Last edited:
The Chris Scott & Joel Selwood leadership combination in finals:

2012 L
2013 L W L
2014 L L
2016 W_. L
2017 L W L
2018 L
2019 L W L

4 wins, 11 losses

That's just over a 25% winning strike rate.
Selwood couldnt have done much more in carrying the Cats this whole finals series. New levels of respect earned in my books, absolute champion.

Gearing up to be a hard luck story of the GF. Got a whole squad to choose from, given Tigers also in the VFL GF. Stack would be first in line. Plus concussion for Broad. So unlucky
Jack Ross is probably the most like for like Graham replacement. I am a big Stack fan and he is the X factor that could do anything in his best moments. Kam Macintosh is a workhorse, experienced and dependable. Pickett was recruited ready made and the club rates him highly.

Really tough choices of who replaces him, and possibly Broad too, but thankfully we have depth and there are options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Ross is probably the most like for like Graham replacement. I am a big Stack fan and he is the X factor that could do anything in his best moments. Kam Macintosh is a workhorse, experienced and dependable. Pickett was recruited ready made and the club rates him highly.

Really tough choices of who replaces him, and possibly Broad too, but thankfully we have depth and there are options.
Haven’t seen enough of Ross to comment, but if Stack has a half decent VFL GF, surely he is the in. He’s the type of player you want in your side on GF day. If he was playing all finals, I’d be putting $$$ on him for the Normie.

Complete bias umpiring towards tigers the whole finals series. Add the corrupt draw. How can anyone recognise this years cup. It’s taking the piss unless you are a pies or tigers
That's ironic coming from a team who arsed top 2 from a piss easy draw. Good thing finals sorted you out.

Haven’t seen enough of Ross to comment, but if Stack has a half decent VFL GF, surely he is the in. He’s the type of player you want in your side on GF day. If he was playing all finals, I’d be putting $$$ on him for the Normie.
Probably a bit much, but he does look a big time, big moment player.

The issue is he hasn't played in weeks, and will be on a shortish break compared to others. Certainly a higher risk play than the more seasoned KMac for example. Or the guys like Ross who have had more recent continuity. Ross was doing well at AFL level earlier this year, he's up to it.

I'm a massive fan of Stack, I just wanted him to have one more game under his belt before coming back.

Mate, Dangerfield started very well, had 20 possessions at half time and kicked a goal right on the half time siren.

It’s not like it wasn’t his night to begin with, he was paying very well, then Richmond upped the ante and put extra pressure on and Danger went completely awol, great players don’t completely fold when the heat goes up mid game

It’s literally 7 days since he played a colossal final quarter when the heat was on to win a sudden death final.
No great player will do it EVERY time the heat is on.

Back