AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Game over.

Gone a bit early there mate

39 years...

Sorry what was that ?

Tigers haven’t beaten a Victorian team in a prelim for 39 years. Huge monkey on their back.

Did you mean until the team of slow pensioners geelong put out there tonight :p:p
Yep. Tigers still got the better of the umpiring even after danger’s push 50.

You must be watching a totally different game , I'll send you a replay

We've stopped their cheating out the back by being physical and applying immense pressure like I thought we would but they're still a big chance the Tiges.

I reckon we wasted a lot of the first half.

Like a fat kid on a jam donut.

Na it's gastro mate. They've been hit hard. it happens prelim week from what I've been told.

Na, they're still a chance. We didn't convert having dominated and the Tiges have too much pride to wither,

We should be miles ahead.

This people is a classic case of Foot in Mouth and its rampant amongs Geelong supporters but Cockarfitt is the geelong poster thats been infected the most

Just want to congratulate Patrick Dangerfield on the best Dive of the night and in a Prelim, He will never live this dive or his pathetic performance down and i really hope he wins the brownlow as the speech will be so special and Dangerfield like.

Dusty >>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>> Dangerfield

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The Chris Scott & Joel Selwood leadership combination in finals:

2012 - 6th - .L
2013 - 2nd - L W L
2014 - 3rd -. L L
2015 - 10th
2016 - 2nd - W_. L
2017 - 2nd - L W L
2018 - 8th -. L
2019 - 1st - .L W L

4 wins, 11 losses. That's just over a 25% winning strike rate.

Geelong have had 5 (five) top 3 finishes in the past 7 years for a 0-4 W/L record in Prelim Finals

Misleading.
Most teams would have a similar or worse ratio i would think.
Only one team gets through any given year with 100% finals wins.
Get to the grand final and lose and you've only won 66% of finals that year!
Not many teams would have a record of 50+% finals winrate since 2012. Especially those teams who've featured often (such as geelong).

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah exepected him to move onto Lynch pretty quickly.
How ironic cats were done by a key tall given we have about 17 tall defenders in the team! And no Blicavs on Lynch!

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
In
Gone a bit early there mate

Sorry what was that ?

Did you mean until the team of slow pensioners geelong put out there tonight :p:p

You must be watching a totally different game , I'll send you a replay

This people is a classic case of Foot in Mouth and its rampant amongs Geelong supporters but Cockarfitt is the geelong poster thats been infected the most
View attachment 749846

Just want to congratulate Patrick Dangerfield on the best Dive of the night and in a Prelim, He will never live this dive or his pathetic performance down and i really hope he wins the brownlow as the speech will be so special and Dangerfield like.

Dusty >>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>> Dangerfield
In his defence he constantly said we were still a chance. A lot less arrogant than some other posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
Mate, Dangerfield started very well, had 20 possessions at half time and kicked a goal right on the half time siren.

It’s not like it wasn’t his night to begin with, he was paying very well, then Richmond upped the ante and put extra pressure on and Danger went completely awol, great players don’t completely fold when the heat goes up mid game

Reason he won’t win a premiership is because he couldn’t be bothered showing up in that second half.

If there was ever a more perfect hence for danger it was tonight, yet he himself caused his team to lose from a 21 point lead

I noticed Dangerfield played the majority of the third quarter in the forward line. Geelong moving him out of the action & down fwd in that 3rd Qtr proved disastrous. IMO that cost the Cats the momentum & game.

Edit/Addition: It's been reported that Dagerfield's third quarter included 62% or 64% time on the ball so it appears I'm wrong that he played the majority of the time in the forward line. What I am sure of is that Dangerfield spent a lot of time early in the Premiership Quarter in the forward line possession-less & certainly didn't have an impact, was cold, when he actually was on the ball in that quarter. It did imo help swing the game. Premiership Quarter, crickey you'd put your best in the middle to start with, surely.

Last edited:

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been saying for 2 years that 2017 will leave me happy for many years so don't mind not getting another flag for a while. But now that we won this and it's starting to set it that we have given ourselves a crack at another flag in 3 years and I'm starting to feel a fire in my belly. Is this what sustained success feels like?

Spook

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2003
Top of the pile looking down
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Claremont
I've been saying for 2 years that 2017 will leave me happy for many years so don't mind not getting another flag for a while. But now that we won this and it's starting to set it that we have given ourselves a crack at another flag in 3 years and I'm starting to feel a fire in my belly. Is this what sustained success feels like?

As a Hawthorn supporter I would say, yes it is. I’m just hoping to have 2 hugely supported clubs in a GF. Hawks Geelong in 2008 and pies Geelong just don’t have the same ring as Pies Tigers. I think it’s been about 26 years since we had that.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
As a Hawthorn supporter I would say, yes it is. I’m just hoping to have 2 hugely supported clubs in a GF. Hawks Geelong in 2008 and pies Geelong just don’t have the same ring as Pies Tigers. I think it’s been about 26 years since we had that.
My heart couldn't handle a GF against the Pies. Really hoping GWS gets up tomorrow, but very proud regardless of what happens now.

Think they said 1980 was the last RFC V CFC GF.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
My heart couldn't handle a GF against the Pies. Really hoping GWS gets up tomorrow, but very proud regardless of what happens now.

Think they said 1980 was the last RFC V CFC GF.

I want Collingwood /Richmond GF 100%

Whats the point of winning a flag against a team that has no supporters and you cant hang sh!t on

Go Tigers

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I want Collingwood /Richmond GF 100%

Whats the point of winning a flag against a team that has no supporters and you cant hang sh!t on

Go Tigers
A win over the pies would feel way better than a win over the giants, I've just never been big on hanging s**t on oppo supporters really. Also if we lost to the pies BF would be unbearable

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
A win over the pies would feel way better than a win over the giants, I've just never been big on hanging s**t on oppo supporters really. Also if we lost to the pies BF would be unbearable
I have people i know that are collingwood supporters that need to be shut up after last years prelim & I also remember the 1980 GF and it was sensational

Back