Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And then after, the mrp will look at it.

For me it wasn't sufficient force, but hey, this is the AFL mrp hey?

Wasn't insufficient? There is a 1-2 second gap between impact and him going down he took a massive dive

And all of your retaliations are in regards to the posters listed club. Real intellectual, playground types. Its like only your cheer squad is allowed to post on here

No one likes a crouchy wouchy loser. You’re spoiling for an internet fight and don’t understand that i really DGAF about your pain and anger spilling out into this thread.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Gone a bit early there mate

Sorry what was that ?

Did you mean until the team of slow pensioners geelong put out there tonight :p:p

You must be watching a totally different game , I'll send you a replay

This people is a classic case of Foot in Mouth and its rampant amongs Geelong supporters but Cockarfitt is the geelong poster thats been infected the most
View attachment 749846

Just want to congratulate Patrick Dangerfield on the best Dive of the night and in a Prelim, He will never live this dive or his pathetic performance down and i really hope he wins the brownlow as the speech will be so special and Dangerfield like.

Dusty >>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>> Dangerfield
Actually that moment seemed to sting Richmond into gear. Martin in particular you could see at half time that he was in a mood for revenge. Thought going in that we would respond.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
One of the plays of the night, in my opinion, was Riewoldt's tap to Martin from the pack which led to Dusty's goal in the 3rd quarter. Could see it from the top of the Southern Stand up the other end. Just watched the replay and not a single commentator mentioned it. Did they not even see it?
More amazed out how quiet they were re dangerfield staging.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah pretty sure the previous 30 years where we made grand finals for fun and won 3 flags while the Tigers were perpetually in a battle to match Gary Ablett Sr’s individual tally, or keep us below a winning One Day International score aren’t suddenly irrelevant.

You can’t blame a side for continually being excellent while the other was too f**ken s**thouse to earn a crack at them.
Yet when it matters Geelong can't beat Richmond

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Agreed

There were 2 that came to mind as questionable- Dangerfield push in back half time and the umpire missed a clear 50m penalty Tigers when i think it was Guthrie who encroached

Other than those thought umpiring wasnt too bad.
They let the game go by and large, Henderson bear hugging Grimes during Ablett's first goal was a howler, and Razor's typical grandstanding 50m penalty. I'm sure Geelong had a few against them also, but they were pretty consistent which is what you want.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Yet when it matters Geelong can't beat Richmond

Again, not our fault you couldn’t be there ‘when it matters.’ The two recent meetings ‘when it matters’ you’ve clearly had the better side and that’s a credit to you. But claiming some sort of overall superiority when we were winning finals for fun for three decades while Richmond could barely string together consecutive competitive seasons is not a slight on us. It’s a slight on the Richmond teams of the era.

Keep telling yourself it is all ok, that may work, but i don't think the mrp will give a rats what you think

You are correct the MRP will watch the video and see what anyone with a brain can see and that is a slight bump and Miers taking a dive

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
They let the game go by and large, Henderson bear hugging Grimes during Ablett's first goal was a howler, and Razor's typical grandstanding 50m penalty. I'm sure Geelong had a few against them also, but they were pretty consistent which is what you want.

The 50 to danger was a massive overreaction but twice in 30 seconds just before that, about 35 out from goal, Richmond dodged two blatant HTB decisions so it evened out.

Taylor would be the first one I’d move on. He had some immense moments last night but also some real ‘he’s too old’ ones too. And that’s been the case for a few seasons. Ablett, the last 3 games aside, was as effective as any 25 year old in the same role so with management I would imagine he’s got one year left. Of the other two, Hawkins has to play as long as he can IMO. His last two seasons have been arguably on his best 4 overall and with Ratugolea a legitimate target now, I would like to think they could kick 100 between them next season and really stretch a few defences.

Scott has made some hard decisions in the past so I don’t see him being afraid of giving Selwood a tap on the shoulder maybe in a year’s time.

And you’re dead right. Making a prelim makes you a good side and serving it up to a team on a roll like Richmond are until deep into the last quarter only supports that theory.

There’s 14 other supporter bases who’d have given a lot to be where we were last night.

And unlike other recent finals failures, it’s not a question of wondering how much we are going to drop off, it’s about how much we can improve with that experience under our belts

Correct. And my take on your older blokes wasn’t a troll, it’s more i think you’re in that spot Hawthorn found themselves in a few years ago with Mitchell, Hodge etc. You have clubs like GC screaming out for leadership. You would get a real good return pick which you can invest in the draft or ontrade for a younger onballer, KP etc. I reckon Selwood is the one i would have a chat to. Maybe Hawkins next year. Taylor has been a warrior for your club but father time has got him. Superstar. Henderson, i would cut.
But, for now, i know you’re hurting. Anyone who says the year was a bust is a FW. Someone has to lose, someone has to win. Next week it might be us. Unfortunately that’s footy.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Again, not our fault you couldn’t be there ‘when it matters.’ The two recent meetings ‘when it matters’ you’ve clearly had the better side and that’s a credit to you. But claiming some sort of overall superiority when we were winning finals for fun for three decades while Richmond could barely string together consecutive competitive seasons is not a slight on us. It’s a slight on the Richmond teams of the era.
Geelong were barely winning finals for fun between 1964-2006 Geelong were a mostly mediocre side thought out those whole 4 decades with their only highlights getting flogged in grand finals

Taylor, Ablett, Henderson probably need to go. Selwood and Hawkins you keep. Scott needs to put the hard word to Gaz.

I just put a response in to PB. Selwood i would have a chat to. Clubs like GC are screaming out for leaders. He might get one year at the cats, he could get 2-3 at GC. Cats are now in that spot the Hawks found themselves in a few years ago. I would give Ablett one more year. Hawkins you keep for one more year (before having the “Clarko” chat), father time has nailed Taylor and Henderson just played his last game.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Explain how Houlis actions were part of the game?

He didn't need to run anywhere near him for a start, then lifted his elbow.

Whether he gets suspended or not is debatable, but it will definitely be looked at, and with the inconsistencies of the mrp i wouldn't be confident.
Houli was running to a space for a short kick which he does all game, Miers saw what was happening and pushed into his path to block his run and a minor contact where Houli slipped high. It could have been a free, which was what Miers was also looking for, and fair enough, but ump didn't deem it worthy.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Explain how Houlis actions were part of the game?

He didn't need to run anywhere near him for a start, then lifted his elbow.

Whether he gets suspended or not is debatable, but it will definitely be looked at, and with the inconsistencies of the mrp i wouldn't be confident.
He was 1 kick away from the play, anywhere you move is relevant. As soon as he passes Miers he makes a lead. You’re allowed to make body contact. It’s a major part of forward craft.
On top of that he didn’t actually make contact with Miers head.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep, very consistent they are, nothing to worry about:thumbsu:

So you hope Houli gets rubbed for a week for that? Not possible, sorry.

You have 3 1/2 hours to chew your fingernails waiting... then 120 minutes of action to worry about ColliWobbles reaction to depleted and desperate GWS piZZ ants, who obviously have been instructed to niggle with filth, by a coach who played in one of the worst relatively modern teamwide offenders of such krap.

If GWS put in the filth this arvo, you could have half the wobblers facing the tribunal next week. Just one filthy face rub and it will be on for young and old.

Worry about that. Houli merely reacted (at worse unintentional careless virtually NO IMPACT)

Start chewing!

Bubblegum might suit your mental age better?

Keep telling yourself it is all ok, that may work, but i don't think the mrp will give a rats what you think

No but they didn’t charge him. Insufficient force they said. Seems that they have more of an idea than you.

Can’t wait for the racists to load up on Houli this week via social media now they have a chance to pot a muslim.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just put a response in to PB. Selwood i would have a chat to. Clubs like GC are screaming out for leaders. He might get one year at the cats, he could get 2-3 at GC. Cats are now in that spot the Hawks found themselves in a few years ago. I would give Ablett one more year. Hawkins you keep for one more year (before having the “Clarko” chat), father time has nailed Taylor and Henderson just played his last game.
But then I think about it, and realise that Scott is the one stuffing up the most. No correct me if I am wrong here, but this is what I’d do;

1. Play PD in the middle all night
2. Play Esava at FF or CHF
3. Pick Buzza over Henderson
4. Play Ablett as a FP
5. Play Blicavs back all night
6. Tag Houli with Scott Selwood or play a defensive forward on him

So is the list really that old or Scott being too clever and creative?

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
The 50 to danger was a massive overreaction but twice in 30 seconds just before that, about 35 out from goal, Richmond dodged two blatant HTB decisions so it evened out.
Given there were only 18 frees a piece all night, there were heaps of missed free kicks. At least the umps were reasonably consistent and on the same page, except for that little cameo from the one and only Razor Ray.

Back