Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So you hope Houli gets rubbed for a week for that? Not possible, sorry.

You have 3 1/2 hours to chew your fingernails waiting... then 120 minutes of action to worry about ColliWobbles reaction to depleted and desperate GWS piZZ ants, who obviously have been instructed to niggle with filth, by a coach who played in one of the worst relatively modern teamwide offenders of such krap.

If GWS put in the filth this arvo, you could have half the wobblers facing the tribunal next week. Just one filthy face rub and it will be on for young and old.

Worry about that. Houli merely reacted (at worse unintentional careless virtually NO IMPACT)

Start chewing!

Bubblegum might suit your mental age better?
Wow, can you show where i have said i hope he is rubbed out?

you seriously need someone to explain for you, dyslexia can be a problem

It still boggles the mind that teams (my own team included) see it fit to allow a player of Martin's calibre just run around loose in the forward line unchecked a lot of the time.

He has to be tagged. Tight. He will burn you if he is allowed any space, much less the miles of room he is currently being afforded.

Maynard wouldn't be a bad match up if the Pies win, but I think De Boer would be the best fit if GWS won today

I agree, my team let it happen in a GF. Surely next week someone 'tests' him out early.

Houli was running to a space for a short kick which he does all game, Miers saw what was happening and pushed into his path to block his run and a minor contact where Houli slipped high. It could have been a free, which was what Miers was also looking for, and fair enough, but ump didn't deem it worthy.
All good, except you forgot to mention the raised elbow.

Geelong were barely winning finals for fun between 1964-2006 Geelong were a mostly mediocre side thought out those whole 4 decades with their only highlights getting flogged in grand finals

Sorry but making 4 grand finals in 7 seasons means you are winning a lot of finals.

24-18 in finals between 89-2011.

I’d say we were doing a bit better than Richmond

Then nothing to see here.

And i didn't say he would be charged, i said the MRP are inconsistent so who knows.

They are but that was not even in the realms of deserving anything for exactly the reason they stated. Insufficient force. Blind Freddy could have seen that.

But then I think about it, and realise that Scott is the one stuffing up the most. No correct me if I am wrong here, but this is what I’d do;

1. Play PD in the middle all night
2. Play Esava at FF or CHF
3. Pick Buzza over Henderson
4. Play Ablett as a FP
5. Play Blicavs back all night
6. Tag Houli with Scott Selwood or play a defensive forward on him

So is the list really that old or Scott being too clever and creative?

But if he was being too clever or creative isn’t that exactly the sort of description you’d give if he PLAYED a guy like Buzza, who’s totally unproven and hasn’t played all season? At least Henderson has a ‘you know what you’re getting’ vibe about him. And playing Danger in the middle all night doesn’t even happen when Hawkins IS playing so you’d think when he’s not, the onus on getting PD forward for a while is only increased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you’re like hawthorn fans, you go on more about your opponent than you do yourselves.
You have a win and don’t know how to enjoy the success properly.

Most teams supporters don’t worry about who they beat, they enjoy it 1st and hang crap later.
Hawks and Tigers are the worst ‘supporters’ around.
Ohh trust me i enjoyed it fully , We go on about the opponent only because of the rubbish they post and always good to point out how WRONG and deluded they are specially about things like "Ohh we beat them last time by XXX amount" when clearly half the team was missing and your hopeless coach comes out with the rubbish he does.

You claim hawks/tigers supporters are the worst maybe re read your geelong/richmond thread and take your hoop glasses off this time
Your team is SLOW & OLD and finished

enjoy your rebuild

All good, except you forgot to mention the raised elbow.
Have you considered that maybe it was defensive action since old mate moved toward him while Houli was thinking about where to run? He could of been easily protecting himself from potential high contact. Umpire clearly made the right decision.

Incident assessed:
Contact between Richmond’s Bachar Houli and Geelong Cats’ Gryan Miers from the third quarter of Friday’s match was assessed. Houli is leading into space when Miers moves to lay a block. Houli seeks to evade Miers and in the process of fending off his opponent, Houli makes high contact. It was the view of the MRO there was insufficient forceful high contact to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

can we all shut the * up now

Back