Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Richmond-vs-Geelong.png

Thread Rule: No umpire complaining until after the match.

FREE for 14 days:
Stream the game LIVE to any device.

Tip the game now - win cash 'n' prizes

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

finals-fixture-image-pf.jpg.png

Richmond Tigers
Average Per Game
Geelong Cats
212.6​
Kicks​
217.3​
155.8​
Handballs​
147.4​
368.4​
Disposals​
364.8​
87.2​
Marks​
90.3​
12.7​
Goals​
13​
10.7​
Behinds​
10.7​
23.4​
Scoring Shots​
23.7​
63.4​
Tackles​
66.8​
31.6​
Hitouts​
35.9​
18.4​
Frees For​
18.8​
20​
Frees Against​
17.8​
8.9​
Goal Assists​
9.5​
55.6​
Inside 50s​
52.2​
138​
Contested Possessions​
150.8​
223.3​
Uncontested Possessions​
208.5​
263.9​
Effective Disposals​
260.8​
71.60%​
Disposal Efficiency %​
71.50%​
59​
Clangers​
53.2​
10​
Contested Marks​
12.3​
11.7​
Marks Inside 50​
12.3​
34.2​
Clearances​
39.9​
11.9​
Centre Clearances​
12​
22.3​
Stoppage Clearances​
27.8​
38.2​
Rebound 50s​
39​
52.2​
One Percenters​
51.1​
9.1​
Bounces​
4.2​
1.36​
Kick to Handball Ratio​
1.47​
54.30%​
Conversion​
54.90%​
29.01​
Disposals Per Goal​
28.06​
15.74​
Disposals Per Scoring Shot​
15.39​
5952.9​
Metres Gained​
5714.1​
72.4​
Turnovers​
68​
75​
Intercepts​
69.5​
10.3​
Tackles Inside 50​
10.8​

Date
Home v Away Teams
Result
Venue
Round 12, 7 Jun 2019​
Richmond defeated by Geelong​
37-104​
MCG​
Round 20, 3 Aug 2018​
Richmond defeats Geelong​
85-82​
MCG​
Round 13, 17 Jun 2018​
Geelong defeated by Richmond​
65-83​
MCG​
Qualifying Final, 8 Sep 2017​
Geelong defeated by Richmond​
40-91​
MCG​
Round 21, 12 Aug 2017​
Geelong defeats Richmond​
80-66​
GMHBA Stadium​
Round 21, 14 Aug 2016​
Richmond defeated by Geelong​
78-82​
MCG​

Richmond
FB: David Astbury, Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C: Brandon Ellis, Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy
HF: Daniel Rioli, Trent Cotchin, Kane Lambert
FF: Jason Castagna, Tom J. Lynch, Jack Riewoldt
FOL: Toby Nankervis, Shane Edwards, Dustin Martin
I/C: Ivan Soldo, Liam Baker, Jack Graham, Shai Bolton

EMG: Jack Ross, Marlion Pickett, Mabior Chol, Dan Butler

Geelong
FB: Lachie Henderson, Harry Taylor, Jake Kolodjashnij
HB: Mark Blicavs, Tom Stewart, Mark O'Connor
C: Sam Menegola, Joel Selwood, Tim Kelly
HF: Tom Atkins, Gary Ablett, Luke Dahlhaus
FF: Gryan Miers, Esava Ratugolea, Brandan Parfitt
FOL: Rhys Stanley, Patrick Dangerfield, Cameron Guthrie
I/C: Zach Tuohy, Jack Henry, Quinton Narkle, Jed Bews

EMG: Zac Smith, Scott Selwood, Gary Rohan, James Parsons

IN: Lachie Henderson
OUT: Tom Hawkins (Suspension)
MILESTONES: Dylan Grimes - Playing 150th game

UMPIRES: Mathew Nicholls (15), Ray Chamberlain (18), Shaun Ryan (25)

Thread Rule: No umpire complaining until after the match.

Last edited:

Corrupt the crowd ? FFS mate, post on your main account, you are way to obvious lol.

We have had the cats measure with this team since 17. Last time we played, we had 8 best starting 22 players not playing and most of the missing was our back line. Confident of a win on Friday as watching the cats these past two weeks, there form with in games is still inconsistent. We just have to start well, hold them in the second and third, if we do that while being up by 4 goals, they have to go full offense which will leave there back line exposed to the turn over.

Tigers by 6 goals
Hope you're right!!! 😬

Actually you did corrupt the crowd. There's a screenshot somewhere of the individuals running your social media pages with blood on their hands.

Richmond will be hoping Geelong choke and don't show up this weekend. They're not a chance against a in-form Geelong with an injured Rance (Hawkins aside). Geelong faced virtually the same team earlier in the year and obliterated them.
It's ok, they've changed the system this year
Instead of entering 'tigers' or 'cats', you could select 'Richmond Allocation' or 'Geelong Allocation'. Easy, now anyone can 'corrupt the crowd'

Geelong have worked out that a few Richmond players cheat out the back and rely on the surge mentality and teammates winning the ball which is why they found it difficult to score earlier this year. They didn't allow them the space and time to surge forward.

Geelong will strangle them again.

This game will be more Geelong centric too given Richmond can't cheat their way to Geelong allocation this year.

Geelong have worked out that a few Richmond players cheat out the back and rely on the surge mentality and teammates winning the ball which is why they found it difficult to score earlier this year. They didn't allow them the space and time to surge forward.

Actually we found it difficult to score as we had 8 of our best 22 not playing, 4 of them in our back 6 where we like to setup our attack.

Actually we found it difficult to score as we had 8 of our best 22 not playing, 4 of them in our back 6 where we like to setup our attack.
Can you blokes seriously cut the excuses. It's tedious. If you're not willing to discuss the game like an adult then don't bother posting.

A few of your mids and forwards inc Martin cheat out the back of the contest. Geelong cut their supply with pressure and made them accountable. It had nothing to do with your back 6 or apparent lack of personnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously

That was our 2nd most injury affected side of the season, narrowly behind 1 week later against Adelaide
We were missing Nankervis, Riewoldt, Lambert, Rance, Astbury and Short. At least 4 of them are within our top 10 players, all 6 within our top 15.
Now we are only missing Rance, and it has only really been after the bye that our backline has found form without him.

Leading into that game, Geelong were 10-1, Richmond were 7-4
Since then, Richmond have gone 10-1, Geelong have gone 6-6

That game is totally irrelevant to the game that will play out this Friday night, regardless of the result.

Can you blokes seriously cut the excuses. It's tedious. If you're not willing to discuss the game like an adult then don't bother posting.

Are you drunk?

Do you also think the game played months ago before the wheels fell off has any bearing on this result?

Cant wait to taste your salty tears after belting you at the G again and ending your season.

The tweet cats from the RFC was a piss take, not cheating. Not our fault your supporters did not buy tickets haha
Apparently its too far to drive, go easy on them

The tweet cats from the RFC was a piss take, not cheating. Not our fault your supporters did not buy tickets haha
I'm not interested where it came from. Cheat was probably not the right word ... smart more apt. Anyway it's been stopped by all accounts, who knows.

This thread has started well.................. next we will be talking about the 9/11 conspiracy.

Back to the actual upcoming game. Tigers by 8pts in a close contest in front of 95,500.
Since you're one of the rare few who won't make excuses (I won't bother with the excuse mongers or those clearly psychotic) where do you see Richmond winning the game?

Cats at their best can trouble us and beat us. By default the other teams star midfielders get a heap of ball, expect Danger to have it on a string as Neale, Cripps and others have had before him. Back in our system to get it done regardless of his impact. Hoping for a 3-4 goal win that doesn't involve a heart attack towards the end of the game, but as we saw in last years Prelim you don't turn up from the first minute you lose. Must bring the intensity and pressure from the outset.

Interested to see how Soldo/Nank combo goes again.

So long as the Tigers bring the pressure and surge the Cats will struggle to move the ball and stop the run. So the Cats have to control contested ball and move it cleanly to have much of a chance. i.e. the Cats aren't really a running team, so they must rely on contests and clean possession. If it rains then that's much harder. And if the Tigers can bring the pressure then that clean ball is very difficult to do for a whole game.

And on form the Tigers are bringing the pressure and surge mentality to at or a higher level than 2017.

So Tigers by 50 points, and 90K in the rain.

I'm not interested where it came from. Cheat was probably not the right word ... smart more apt. Anyway it's been stopped by all accounts, who knows.

Since you're one of the rare few who won't make excuses (I won't bother with the excuse mongers or those clearly psychotic) where do you see Richmond winning the game?
I feel Geelong got themselves up emotionally last Friday & it showed early in the 1st quarter.

Where I think we will win the game is with our manic pressure & the 1 pecentages around the ground. I'm hoping the Tigers have learnt from last years PF & come out with more hunger & determination right from the first bounce.
If Richmond can atleast break even with your midfield, I feel we're stronger at other either end (current form) which will go along way in getting a result for us.
Also I feel Tom Lynch is due for a big game & I think he might get on top of your backline especially if Harry Taylor's forced foward.

Geelong are a super team through the middle & down back but might lack scoring especially if Tomahawks suspension remians.

Cats finished on top for a reason so they know how to win & it could go either way so I'm saying all this with slight confidence hence the small predicted margin.

Last edited:
Back