Richmond v Geelong - Rd 21, 2016 - 3:20 @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it just me or was there a high tackle that Richmond didn't get? And then about a minute later I think Harry Taylor gets a free for interference and Geelong get the goal.

I actually felt Richmond put in a stellar effort in the first three quarters - they played they did against Sydney, showing they CAN match it with the top sides. The last quarter, I could see it coming, I knew Geelong were going to come, but I didn't think they'd be able to get over the line. I felt there was a period where Geelong got the rub of the green. Credit to the Tigers' effort, but I think they get a bit stunned/overwhelmed in the last quarter. But Tiger fans are sick and tired of Richmond being the team to almost get there, to play under their potential. A lot of changes need to be made at Tigerland.

At the G?

Your lot would be happy there's no wildcard system because with your track record against the bottom 8 your finals campaign would end pretty prematurely!
We play good footy at the G mate, and yeah, that's a good thing.

Really feel for the Hawk supporters. Chin up fellas

From here on in we could experience a mass turning to the Dark Side. I reckon the Hawks would love to play Geelong at the G in the finals and I reckon Hawthorn at the G would be Geelong's preferred week one finals opponent. We could be in bizzaro world with Geelong wanting Hawthorn to win and vice versa! :eek:

Both lists are appalling.
in saying that, a list that was tipped to finish dead last with 1 or zero wins but has managed 6 wins, versus a team that was piled on to push for top 4 and contention, has only 2 more wins than the side you're rubbishing, and is on the way down.
Yep... I can see why you're feeling better... :/
And one team has Hardwick as coach

You are kidding. Umpiring was fine, if there were obvious errors they were the frees to Vickery for falling over and non frees to Geelong for front on contact in marking contests.
But you'd say that anyway. Whether true or not. The two I talked about were there. But I couldn't give a stuff. I am just saying .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Riewoldt got some dodgy frees earlier in the game, vickery kept getting frees for tripping over his feet and rance was able to chop arms all game and didn't get pinged once and let's not even talk about all the holding the ball decisions that should of been given against the Tigers, the two non Riewoldt frees in the last were karma. Although not nearly enough. Umps were joke. Obviously the cats had a word at three qtr time after being manhandled by them.
Karma , OK, but I am really saying about the umpires, they should, be called. I reckon the last few weeks I have seen so many missed frees or frees just ignored its terrible.

But it hurts every team eventually every week, that's the problem every one cops it with inconsistent umpires, who change results.

Now its debatable as to who deserved the win , because Richmond lead most of the game. But their capitulation in the last was unbelievable , if they were supposedly a top 4 side in the beginning of the year , then who is training them to run out of legs that badly?.

Given Riewoldt got some dodgy frees earlier in the game, vickery kept getting frees for tripping over his feet and rance was able to chop arms all game and didn't get pinged once and let's not even talk about all the holding the ball decisions that should of been given against the Tigers, the two non Riewoldt frees in the last were karma. Although not nearly enough. Umps were joke. Obviously the cats had a word at three qtr time after being manhandled by them.
Where was the karma from the Selwoods brothers pathetic ducking display? Sure didnt go to Lloyd who was taken high twice inside 50 within the last 5 minutes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/a77f3edd68556dc2575c50b0712a27d0
Lmao. Danger was not only in the protected area but continued to move closer to Cotchin.
Absolutely pathetic that it wasn't called. On top of the non-calls on Rewioldt and Lloyd in the 50 and then the call on Harry Taylor up the other end. Just a pathetic game changing umpiring display.
You are just going to totally disregard the fact your team threw away a 6 goal lead at 3/4 time and are upset that you didn't have the opportunity to pinch it after the siren after Vickey was just awarded one of the softest free kicks in front of goal for the entire year? Keep embracing mediocrity Tiger's supporters, you got what you deserved after that deplorable final quarter.

You are just going to totally disregard the fact your team threw away a 6 goal lead at 3/4 time and are upset that you didn't have the opportunity to pinch it after the siren after Vickey was just awarded one of the softest free kicks in front of goal for the entire year? Keep embracing mediocrity Tiger's supporters, you got what you deserved after that deplorable final quarter.
What difference does when the scoring happened make? You guys let the lead get out to 36 points didn't you? So in one period of time you got outscored by 36 points, in another we got outscored by 40 points. In the end you kicked 4 more points. Who gives a s**t when the scoring happened, it doesn't make a difference.

Just going to ignore the soft free to Taylor infront of goal? That was easily as bad as Vickerys.
I'm upset that the umpires have no consistence. 2 50/50 free kicks are let go infront of Richmonds goal, goes down the other end and a 50/50 one is called. Potential 2 goal turnaround.
Not to mention how the Selwoods duck all game and it gets called. Yet this one wasn't?
lm.jpg

Or this one?

lma.jpg

How are those any different? Wheres the consistency there?

LOL umpires and Richmond ,natural enemies,always have been.
4 points to us without the umpire bias.
#weareeeveryonesgrandfinal including the umpires!
Glad it's happened in a dead season so it's worked in our favour.

TY dumpires!!!!!!!!!!:D

What difference does when the scoring happened make? You guys let the lead get out to 36 points didn't you? So in one period of time you got outscored by 36 points, in another we got outscored by 40 points. In the end you kicked 4 more points. Who gives a s**t when the scoring happened, it doesn't make a difference.

Just going to ignore the soft free to Taylor infront of goal? That was easily as bad as Vickerys.
I'm upset that the umpires have no consistence. 2 50/50 free kicks are let go infront of Richmonds goal, goes down the other end and a 50/50 one is called. Potential 2 goal turnaround.
Not to mention how the Selwoods duck all game and it gets called. Yet this one wasn't?
View attachment 277303

Or this one?

View attachment 277304

How are those any different? Wheres the consistency there?
Maybe your coach or senior players should have a quiet word to the player in those images. That ducking is pathetic, correct call from the umpire, play on everyday of the week.

Back