Richmond v Geelong - Rd 21, 2016 - 3:20 @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL umpires and Richmond ,natural enemies,always have been.
4 points to us without the umpire bias.
#weareeeveryonesgrandfinal including the umpires!
Glad it's happened in a dead season so it's worked in our favour.

TY dumpires!!!!!!!!!!:D
Yep, definitely everyone's grand final. We didn't bother to show up for the first 3 quarters, only 20 minutes of football was required to punish your mob and secure a top 4 spot. Hey, maybe we'll win a final for you blokes and you can claim it as your own? :thumbsu:

Nice diagram but that's not a duck. You've already pulled out 2 images in a 5 minute period of that particular Richmond player ducking. From that I guess he always does that. Must be frustrating to have a player like that whose first thought is to milk a free by ducking the head. Could be a cultural issue, Riewoldt was flopping all over the MCG as well.

Nice diagram but that's not a duck. You've already pulled out 2 images in a 5 minute period of that particular Richmond player ducking. From that I guess he always does that. Must be frustrating to have a player like that whose first thought is to milk a free by ducking the head. Could be a cultural issue, Riewoldt was flopping all over the MCG as well.
No it wasn't, it just shows Selwood plays for free kick more than any player in AFL history.

No it wasn't, it just shows Selwood plays for free kick more than any player in AFL history.
I don't think it shows that at all, but either way I'm going to take my leave from this thread now.

I don't think it shows that at all, but either way I'm going to take my leave from this thread now.
lam5o.jpg
+ from 2014
"Since his debut in 2007, Selwood has won 248 free kicks for high contact. It is more than twice as many as the next current player, Carlton skipper Marc Murphy, who is third with 103."

Does that?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/a77f3edd68556dc2575c50b0712a27d0
Lmao. Danger was not only in the protected area but continued to move closer to Cotchin.
Absolutely pathetic that it wasn't called. On top of the non-calls on Rewioldt and Lloyd in the 50 and then the call on Harry Taylor up the other end. Just a pathetic game changing umpiring display.

If you think Dangerfield had any time at all to get out of the protected area, you're off your gourd. The best way to give away 50 when you're inside 10 meters when the free is paid and the other team plays on, is to conspicuously look like you're trying to get out of the protected zone.

But you'd say that anyway. Whether true or not. The two I talked about were there. But I couldn't give a stuff. I am just saying .
Yeah, and as usual for Bigfooty you've done the standard fallacious thing of picking two (alleged) errors near the end of the game and ignoring those earlier. There is no rational reason why earlier errors matter less, in fact they probably matter more as they can swing the momentum of the game.

If you think Dangerfield had any time at all to get out of the protected area, you're off your gourd. The best way to give away 50 when you're inside 10 meters when the free is paid and the other team plays on, is to conspicuously look like you're trying to get out of the protected zone.
He was a couple meters away from Cotchin and moving closer to him.

garbage.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at Richmond flogs mouthing off at Carlton. Carlton fans should be happy with what Bolton has achieved this year, just need to keep improving and don't accept mediocrity. In all honesty, Carlton deserved their win over us, we were horrible, but they played some really good footy. Richmond tackled well for 3/4 but really didn't do much in attack as shown by our inside 50 domination. Their plan was basically to wait for one of us to get the ball and then tackle, rather than putting their head over the ball and win it themselves - anti-football. This is no excuse for how badly we played apart from the last quarter (which is even more frustrating because it shows how good we can be at our best) but Richmond weren't that good and as much as we may not have deserved to win, they didn't deserve much either. The umpiring was in their favour just about all match. They led the free kicks count and Rance infringed all day. Vickery is the weakest spud I have ever seen and was disgraceful. To even mention that they got robbed through poor umpiring is laughable, if we had the rub of the green like they did, we would have won by a lot more.

Cotchin also played on IMMEDIENTLY after getting the ball...
The mark is not where Menegola is standing.
Go watch the last quarter again.
Had the umpire called play on? Nope. If a player is moving to play on, you cant run at them while already being inside the protected area.
And yes the mark is where Menegola is standing, thats where he got tackled, thats where the free kick was paid, thats where he was on the ground and stood up. Maybe YOU should watch it again. Or not, ill just show you.

free1.jpg
free2.jpg

Same spot, bud.

View attachment 277330
+ from 2014
"Since his debut in 2007, Selwood has won 248 free kicks for high contact. It is more than twice as many as the next current player, Carlton skipper Marc Murphy, who is third with 103."

Does that?
Learn to tackle. We'll say the same thing when the same BS slating of Selwood occurs.
Harder than every player on your list. That's why he gets free kicks, unlike some of your peahearts he gets down and dirty for the team.

Had the umpire called play on? Nope. If a player is moving to play on, you cant run at them while already being inside the protected area.
And yes the mark is where Menegola is standing, thats where he got tackled, thats where the free kick was paid, thats where he was on the ground and stood up. Maybe YOU should watch it again. Or not, ill just show you.

View attachment 277738
View attachment 277739

Same spot, bud.

Cherry picked stills don't help your cause sunshine, but keep on melting please.
Don't worry about the several frees that the Cats missed out on in the last either...
Keep blaming the umpires when you gave up 15 scoring shots in the last quarter and only had a shot on goal due to a free kick.
Also, holding the ball on Menegola? Not there, ball was knocked out by the tackle, which isn't holding the ball.
Jack holding the mark on the siren? Didn't even have hands on it, Henderson did.

Yeah, and as usual for Bigfooty you've done the standard fallacious thing of picking two (alleged) errors near the end of the game and ignoring those earlier. There is no rational reason why earlier errors matter less, in fact they probably matter more as they can swing the momentum of the game.

There are TOO MANY missed or ignored frees, that is what I'm saying , I saw the last part of the match, I don't particularly care about the result , its the game itself that is being umpired into the sewer.
Now if Jack had have marked or been given free kicks when he should have it may , remember I said it MAY, HAVE GIVEN THEM BREATHING SPACE AND THE RESULT MAY HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT , It wasn't maybe the Cats would have come back and kicked another and another , no one knows so forget it was Richmond V Geelong, just think its any team you watch and you'll see non decisions or ignored things or frees that are just ridiculous, now free kicks are there for a reason, in this game of ours , but when an era begins as this one over the last ten years, and the rules are mangled year in year out ,and umpires by ignoring , not paying , missing seeing , or simply misinterpreting, end up changing game results and change momentum.

Every blasted week , this year, and for several years past .

So what do we look at with the grey rules , now. Have a look at the idiotic deliberate kick through the goals by an opposition player , happened this weekend , the umpires have NO DIRECTION with that, Why??

Because the bloody AFL need to clarify the rule and don't or won't , and now at long last some TV commentators are starting to have the testicles to mention some of the nonsense , what is it with the AFL, it is either paid , or it is abandoned as a rule , because the umps just make up their mind in the moment .

Really, the rules man??? Surely other people see the rules as grey and stupid these days.

It can't be just me. I've followed the game all my life.

One of the last home and away games between Hawthorn and Geelong which the Cats one , I think 1963 , then went on to win the flag, well I was there , but I was too short and couldn't see a thing it was Glenferrie when sometimes the players would stop, because the bloody train drivers would blow the whistle as they passed, the crowd was ridiculously big in that small place , I didn't get to see any missed free kicks , but.

I reckon the ones that were called, were there!

Cherry picked stills don't help your cause sunshine, but keep on melting please.
Don't worry about the several frees that the Cats missed out on in the last either...
Keep blaming the umpires when you gave up 15 scoring shots in the last quarter and only had a shot on goal due to a free kick.
Also, holding the ball on Menegola? Not there, ball was knocked out by the tackle, which isn't holding the ball.
Jack holding the mark on the siren? Didn't even have hands on it, Henderson did.
How are they cherry picked? Cherry picked implies they show something that the others wouldn't. They all show Danger in the protected area and moving closer aswell as Selwood coming up behind and running past within the protected area.

Lolwat. Do you know how holding the ball works? He had a chance to get rid of, he was tackled. Thats holding the ball, it doesn't matter if the ball was knocked out.
When did I ever mention the near mark at the end? Are you high? You're responding to questions that weren't asked.

Learn to tackle. We'll say the same thing when the same BS slating of Selwood occurs.
Harder than every player on your list. That's why he gets free kicks, unlike some of your peahearts he gets down and dirty for the team.
No. its because he ducks his head to get out of packs, which makes him near impossible to tackle and also bends his knees when hes about to be tackled. But hey I guess every player in the comp just forgets how to tackle only when they go to tackle a Selwood? Yeh that makes sense. Funny how we had no trouble tackling anyone not named Selwood. But sure keep spouting that bs.
If it was just about toughness then why aren't the other tough players of the AFL in present and past up there in free kicks with him? There have been much tougher players, players that win way more contested ball, players that get more "down and dirty" yet no where near him in free kicks. Josh Kennedy wins the 2nd most clearances and most contested possessions in the comp yet has only received 18 frees, yet Selwood has 59
Hmmmmmm.

Seriously you need some crazy bias to not see he plays for frees.

No. its because he ducks his head to get out of packs, which makes him near impossible to tackle and also bends his knees when hes about to be tackled. But hey I guess every player in the comp just forgets how to tackle only when they go to tackle a Selwood? Yeh that makes sense. Funny how we had no trouble tackling anyone not named Selwood. But sure keep spouting that bs.
If it was just about toughness then why aren't the other tough players of the AFL in present and past up there in free kicks with him? There have been much tougher players, players that win way more contested ball, players that get more "down and dirty" yet no where near him in free kicks. Josh Kennedy wins the 2nd most clearances and most contested possessions in the comp yet has only received 18 frees, yet Selwood has 59
Hmmmmmm.

Seriously you need some crazy bias to not see he plays for frees.
He does not duck. He shrugs his shoulders.
One is no longer a free. The other still is.
Surprise, surprise he still gets lots of frees. Shock horror

Back