AFLW Richmond v Geelong Saturday February 26 5.10pm Swinburne Centre

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Cats pressure and game plan have looked really good. They have definitely maxed the scoreboard. We need to win this second half.

I thought the Cats ran in straight lines when the ball was in dispute where our girls were trying to snatch the ball and run away from contact.

So we need a bit of old fashioned blood and guts footy here, run straight at the ball and the opponent and make them doubt themselves.

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
I always forget these are on. We really suck and these threads were so long at the start of the season. Down to 2 pages. Things going to get worse before they get better with all the new teams
Ive tried to watch a bit more AFLW lately and the thing that stands out is some teams actually look and play like footy teams. There are talented footy players playing to a gameplan. Aside from a handful of players, we look like we just went down the local park and recruited some joggers to play for us and said good luck. Not sure how we progress from here.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What more can i say just a disappointing performance by the team. Conti trying hard but seems to kick more to the opposition than our players.
The most disappointing player for us today is Mackenzie, looks like she is coasting. Lacklustre performance.

Cats pressure and game plan have looked really good. They have definitely maxed the scoreboard. We need to win this second half.

I thought the Cats ran in straight lines when the ball was in dispute where our girls were trying to snatch the ball and run away from contact.

So we need a bit of old fashioned blood and guts footy here, run straight at the ball and the opponent and make them doubt themselves.
I can't help wondering if McKenzie's back was affecting here, probably one of her most ineffective games - seemed tentative, like when you are waiting for that twinge.

Did thing Mon Conti went hard, not an effective disposal day though, Hoskings went hard, Jess especially, Kielly went hard and mostly broke even, can never doubt Seymour's efforts. Molan was visibly trying to keep her width which meant she did little else, Demps went Ok but they got her measure, Stella Reid was in another world and not a great one, thought Geelong defender did a good job on Brennan, very physical, and having that plus-one down back meant we simply got no wide or loose ball.

Last edited:
In situations like this I sometimes used to say to my opponent you think you are going to have a party here. You are about to have the worst 20 minutes of your life. 😁
D'arcy never gave up through. She, Miller, Shevlin, Lynch and Jess held up their part today but then had a number of brain fades letting oppo's get goal side on them. That had a lot of footy coming at them.

What more can i say just a disappointing performance by the team. Conti trying hard but seems to kick more to the opposition than our players.
The most disappointing player for us today is Mackenzie, looks like she is coasting. Lacklustre performance.
You sure she wasn't a bit sore in the back? Looked it to me.

Back