AFLW Richmond v Geelong Saturday February 26 5.10pm Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Criticism where criticism is due, we have been poor here. Some very dishonest footy from our girls. If your opponent is going hard you have to ******* match it. Ferg needs to tear strips off them here. You cop anything if the girls are having an honest crack, but today they are not.
Today and v WB were a bloody disgrace

Along with the Doggies game the girls tried but were completely out pressured and out classed. We made progress last year but this season we just haven't improved.

HTF did Geesook get given 3 priority draft picks? The whole competition is a joke run by a backstroker with NFI.

Sheehan continues to make poor decisions and hence this is the result.

Last edited:
i hate to bring up the obvious, but out of the 8 games we have played at home (Swinburne centre) we have won 1
our other 4 wins have been away

the 2 sides that were on the park were evenly matched & except for a 10 minute period, when Cats kicked 4 goals, it played out that way
before the game, we had 9 injured players + Lavey being managed, and 2 players injured during the game, Cats had a near full list to chose from

like the men's last year, our team has been decimated by injuries
we were beaten by the better side on the day

i hate to bring up the obvious, but out of the 8 games we have played at home (Swinburne centre) we have won 1

the 2 sides that were on the park were evenly matched & except for a 10 minute period, when Cats kicked 4 goals, it played out that way
before the game, we had 9 injured players + Lavey being managed, and 2 players injured during the game, Cats had a near full list to chose from

Well said Stanley (of the Judkins variety).

On any given Saturday we would not be playing Akec at FF
Molan, Jacques probably wouldn't get a game at Geelong - enough said I suppose.
Lost both Stahl and Jacques in the 3rd Qtr - helped or hindered?
While not slaughtered in any of the team stats, we were well covered in all but HO - Thought Poppy Kelly was down even further this week in terms of any effectiveness. Sadly well beaten whenever on the ball.
Let's face it, in general play we made a ton of mistakes. A game to forget.

The only player of note we've lost to injury is Cordner - the rest are fringe players at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only player of note we've lost to injury is Cordner - the rest are fringe players at best

You obviously don't rate Wakefield then which is sad. Whilst you don't win games with your bottom six players, the best that your bottom six can be helps the top six be their best. Geelong had that and we didn't. It happens in footy and should neither define you nor resign you.

Definitely didn’t look to be at her normal level.

Coach Ryan Ferguson said in his Postie that Ellie was banged up through the week (think it was reported she had injured her back) and bravely played as best she could for the team - explains some of the tentativeness that is not her trademark. Was caught repeatedly - a sign of being preoccupied with her body I thought. Not a knock, just what was!

You obviously don't rate Wakefield then which is sad. Whilst you don't win games with your bottom six players, the best that your bottom six can be helps the top six be their best. Geelong had that and we didn't. It happens in footy and should neither define you nor resign you.
Wakefield wouldn't get a game in any of the top 6 teams. She is a handy player that has a bad habit of making the easy look hard. Too many dropped chest marks to be a decent AFLW forward.

Coach Ryan Ferguson said in his Postie that Ellie was banged up through the week (think it was reported she had injured her back) and bravely played as best she could for the team - explains some of the tentativeness that is not her trademark. Was caught repeatedly - a sign of being preoccupied with her body I thought. Not a knock, just what was!
Why the F didn't she play FF for the game then? Put her one out in the 50 and push the rest of the forwards up the ground. Playing her onball was a shocking decision if she was banged up.

What a garbage performance, turned off at half time in disgust and walked the dog instead
You literally didn’t miss anything.
Neither side scored a goal

You literally didn’t miss anything.
Neither side scored a goal
I’m a fan of AFLW , that was just awful we didn’t look like scoring . Don’t know where the squads at after producing that , I’d def cut out the rot , we know who they are , battle to get more than 3-4p most weeks . Credit to the cats , they were Woeful last year and have really built into a promising side , this result didn’t exactly surprise me after the wb performance

I’m a fan of AFLW , that was just awful we didn’t look like scoring . Don’t know where the squads at after producing that , I’d def cut out the rot , we know who they are , battle to get more than 3-4p most weeks . Credit to the cats , they were Woeful last year and have really built into a promising side , this result didn’t exactly surprise me after the wb performance
I’m a fan too, but not to the extent where I can sit through a whole half of footy without there being even one goal scored.
dont think I will watch again until next season.

Why the F didn't she play FF for the game then? Put her one out in the 50 and push the rest of the forwards up the ground. Playing her onball was a shocking decision if she was banged up.
Perhaps email Ferg yourself before asking me that - Elle Mckenzie at FF instead of Akec - yeah right............

Interesting, some were ranking the Cats down a fair bit a few weeks ago - I've always rated them more than our side and like the way they often fight out a game even from 4-5 goals down. I think they have under performed a bit - a bit like us for various reasons.

Last edited:
I’m a fan too, but not to the extent where I can sit through a whole half of footy without there being even one goal scored.
dont think I will watch again until next season.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

We just didn’t look ready to fight for the ball didn’t have the appetite for it.
I said outcoached but because the team didn’t look ready for it.
Cats did the chip chip game till they got a lead and then went for the win in the second quarter and pulled it off.
The defenders looked confused when the ball kept flying in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back