• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

banzai

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
GWS lose Kelly which will hurt but they regain Mumford & Whitfield which are both just as huge for them. Also Coniglio seems fit to go. We might regain Jack but that's a big maybe. I think Mummy will take control of Soldo quite easily and with thier midfield and solid fwd line anything can happen. In saying this my prediction is GWS to lead by under a goal at the last change before the Tigers finish stronger on the bigger MCG and win by 13 points.

Mumford not back yet, which is big.

First of seven in a row at the MCG for the Tigers after a percentage boost against the Suns. The AFL
clearly wants the Tigers to play finals.

Had our first true home game in round 12, you would think if the afl wanted us to play finals that bad we would be favored all season and not just the last 7 games.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Why does this game has to be so early??
5:10 AM Swedish time.
Can’t see through my eyelids
Plenty to take your mind off the early start over there Terry-

First of seven in a row at the MCG for the Tigers after a percentage boost against the Suns. The AFL
clearly wants the Tigers to play finals.
Yes how dare we play away games against MCG co tennants at their home ground.
It's a rort.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Of the top 15 contenders for finals (Down to St Kilda) Richmond are the only team who does not play
anywhere except the MCG in the last seven games. Must be an excess of lead under the Punt Rd
oval because it is pretty easy to understand.

I did not say they were easy games by the way GWS, Port, Coll, Melb, Carl, West Coast, and Bris
that is five tough lead up games right there.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Of the top 15 contenders for finals (Down to St Kilda) Richmond are the only team who does not play
anywhere except the MCG in the last seven games. Must be an excess of lead under the Punt Rd

I did not say they were easy games by the way GWS, Port, Coll, Melb, Carl, West Coast, and Bris
our best games this season have been away to Port, Freo and GC...what's your point about MCG?

When it's round 17 and you've only played 6 home games so far, you tend to get a few more home games in the run home.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When it's round 17 and you've only played 6 home games so far, you tend to get a few more home games in the run home.
Even the round 14 "BYE" was held at the MCG, until you play at GMHBA and on Mars you are nothing. ;)

I never thought having seven in a row at the MCG could upset so many. At least you have the Rising
Star Winner in 2019 Sydney Stack (Unless the recruiters think it makes them look stupid)

Even the round 14 "BYE" was held at the MCG, until you play at GMHBA and on Mars you are nothing. ;)

I never thought having seven in a row at the MCG could upset so many. At least you have the Rising
Star Winner in 2019 Sydney Stack (Unless the recruiters think it makes them look stupid)

You seem to be the only one upset about it

Nice try, did the top 15 teams draws for the remaining seven games. Richmond the only team at the same
venue all seven it's a simple fact. Did not go to the other boards and say 3 x Home and 4 x Away, how
does that make you feel.

I think you need to lie down and consider why Richmond have made you so upset.

I feel great about the last 7 games being at the g, like i said earlier go look at the start of the year and tell me how many true home games each team had in rounds 1 to 11

I'll give you a head start and do Richmond for you, we had zero.

See picking and choosing stats to suit yourself is cool.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Yet to play a single interstate side at the G, of our 6 games there so far 4 of them were MCG tennants and the other two were Dons and Cats who play there frequently.

Also played 5 interstate, and 4 at Marvel to this point.

We will also finish the year with 1 less game at home than the Pies. Dont see you sooking about them though?
the tiges would have been jetlagged with the trips to marvel :thumbsu:

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
I think you need to lie down and consider why Richmond have made you so upset.

I feel great about the last 7 games being at the g, like i said earlier go look at the start of the year and tell me how many true home games each team had in rounds 1 to 11

I'll give you a head start and do Richmond for you, we had zero.

See picking and choosing stats to suit yourself is cool.
stats are like mini skirts, reveal a lot but hide the best bits

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
stats are like mini skirts, reveal a lot but hide the best bits
How’s these for some stats
2019 FULL FIXTURE
Hawthorn
Games at home (incl. tassie): 13
Games at Docklands: 4
Games interstate: 5

Collingwood
Games at MCG: 14
Games at Docklands: 3

Melbourne
Games at home (incl NT): 14
Games at Docklands: 2
+game at KP

Richmond
Games at MCG: 13
Games at Docklands: 4

Our draw over the entire season is just a standard MCG tenant draw. We get 1 more game at our home ground than the SA/WA teams. We host 4 interstate teams (and get 1 game against Geelong whatever that counts for) at the G, we travel to face 5.
In this research, I noticed hawthorn had a stretch of 6 consecutive games at home earlier in the year. Where was the outrage then?

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Giants going in without three talls in forward line for first time this season I think. Richmond’s experience in the middle is a distinct advantage. Tigers will be too good.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
What's the go if a team can't make a game due to mother nature - is it 2 points each?

GWS have their flights delayed - not I am sure they'll make it - but I do wonder what will happen?

Is this what happened when Adelaide couldn't front up a few years ago?
I'd say 2pts each would probably be what would happen. Which given our percentage is actually almost as good as a win for us so I don't mind it at all.

What's the go if a team can't make a game due to mother nature - is it 2 points each?

GWS have their flights delayed - not I am sure they'll make it - but I do wonder what will happen?

Is this what happened when Adelaide couldn't front up a few years ago?

Are their flights delayed 24 hours?

Nah they’ll make the game - just curious as to the hypothetical outcome

Probably 2 pts each, but they should reschedule it in the pre-finals bye. (with rnd23 setup so it can be as early as possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back