Review Richmond v Hawthorn Reserves Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I walked to the MCG just after 3:00 pm to see if the Reserves were playing before checking out the Punt Road oval. When I arrived the game had been going for a while with both teams already scoring 4 goals. I watched 5 stanzas of 6 to 8 minutes with breaks of 3 to 6 minutes and the teams kicking to the same end two times in a row. The scores at the end of each stanza were as follows:
Tigs. 5.2. 6.4. 7.5. 8.7. 8.8.56
Hawks. 5.4. 6.5. 7.7. 9.7. 10.7.67

The teams lined up with 14 men a side, 4 forwards and backs. CJ and Golds were the goal umpires and Moore was a boundary umpires. Walker limped onto the ground at one break and I saw Howe. No sign of Impey, Minchington, Morrison, Nash and Scrimshaw.
Lewis - Very good in the second stanza with marking and a long goal but faded.
Glass - Had some good moments with run and carry.
Hartley - Some good marks and spoils but lost a couple of one on one contests.
Day - Showed his class with evasive skills, ball handling and disposal by foot. Quality more than quantity.
Maginness - Strong in the contests and quick disposal under pressure was very good.
Koschitzke - Out bodied by Choi a couple of times.
Morris - Took some strong marks and used the ball well. He looked promising kicking a good goal.
Ross - Good skills but needs to do more.
Jeka - Presented very well and took some strong marks on the lead and in contests. His kicking was good including a goal.
Jones - My BOG. Terrific in the midfield both winning the ball and applying pressure. Disposal was generally good and he kicked a very good goal.
Pepper - Impressed with his ability to get to contests and tap the ball to advantage. A good project player.
Reeves - Out bodied by Nankervis but some good palming.
Greaves - Defended strongly and used the ball well. Was outsized a couple of times but generally managed to bring the ball to the ground.
Cousins - Terrific work rate and ability to find the ball was very good. My second best player.
Brooksby - Took a couple of strong marks and kicked a good goal.
I didn’t see any injuries however the bench was on the far side of the ground.

All the eyes are on Maginness and Day, but i said it earlier in the year. Morris will be our best draftee. I have a mate who is from his local club, he is a jet. He averaged 5 goals a game in the under 18s last year in SA, played well when he went up to reserves. He's explosive and takes hangers.

Rosewater? Shithole lol

All the eyes are on Maginness and Day, but i said it earlier in the year. Morris will be our best draftee. I have a mate who is from his local club, he is a jet. He averaged 5 goals a game in the under 18s last year in SA, played well when he went up to reserves. He's explosive and takes hangers.
Talking to a mate in the SANFL U/18's system and he is a massive wrap for Day. Said he is a massive talent. Was shocked that Pickett went so high as well.

Without exaggerating this is probably the biggest call I have seen on this forum ever. I like your enthusiasm but to say that Morris will turn out better than Day and Maginess is extremely optimistic. Still you never know, but for mine I think Maginess will be the become the best player from last years draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without exaggerating this is probably the biggest call I have seen on this forum ever. I like your enthusiasm but to say that Morris will turn out better than Day and Maginess is extremely optimistic. Still you never know, but for mine I think Maginess will be the become the best player from last years draft

If he is as good as Rowell I will be happy!

We had a draft.... Hartung, Garlett, and Sicily in the 50s last of our three picked. Ended up being the best by a long way lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I walked to the MCG just after 3:00 pm to see if the Reserves were playing before checking out the Punt Road oval. When I arrived the game had been going for a while with both teams already scoring 4 goals. I watched 5 stanzas of 6 to 8 minutes with breaks of 3 to 6 minutes and the teams kicking to the same end two times in a row. The scores at the end of each stanza were as follows:
Tigs. 5.2. 6.4. 7.5. 8.7. 8.8.56
Hawks. 5.4. 6.5. 7.7. 9.7. 10.7.67

The teams lined up with 14 men a side, 4 forwards and backs. CJ and Golds were the goal umpires and Moore was a boundary umpires. Walker limped onto the ground at one break and I saw Howe. No sign of Impey, Minchington, Morrison, Nash and Scrimshaw.
Lewis - Very good in the second stanza with marking and a long goal but faded.
Glass - Had some good moments with run and carry.
Hartley - Some good marks and spoils but lost a couple of one on one contests.
Day - Showed his class with evasive skills, ball handling and disposal by foot. Quality more than quantity.
Maginness - Strong in the contests and quick disposal under pressure was very good.
Koschitzke - Out bodied by Choi a couple of times.
Morris - Took some strong marks and used the ball well. He looked promising kicking a good goal.
Ross - Good skills but needs to do more.
Jeka - Presented very well and took some strong marks on the lead and in contests. His kicking was good including a goal.
Jones - My BOG. Terrific in the midfield both winning the ball and applying pressure. Disposal was generally good and he kicked a very good goal.
Pepper - Impressed with his ability to get to contests and tap the ball to advantage. A good project player.
Reeves - Out bodied by Nankervis but some good palming.
Greaves - Defended strongly and used the ball well. Was outsized a couple of times but generally managed to bring the ball to the ground.
Cousins - Terrific work rate and ability to find the ball was very good. My second best player.
Brooksby - Took a couple of strong marks and kicked a good goal.
I didn’t see any injuries however the bench was on the far side of the ground.

Does Day look like his put on any muscle in the ISO lay-off.

Write up from HFC.
Days of covid means taking on different roles....

"We had Dylan Moore and Darren Minchington as boundary umpires, Will Golds and Changkuoth Jiath as goal umpires and Jarman Impey, Conor Nash and Dan Howe were the assistant coaches!

We had a draft.... Hartung, Garlett, and Sicily in the 50s last of our three picked. Ended up being the best by a long way lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Garlett was a genuine top five elite talent who succumbed to a drug addiction. He could have and should be an elite player as we speak. A goal kicking midfielder wth elite agility and speed, such a shame. But I get your point, Sicily is the standout from that year..

Write up from HFC.
Days of covid means taking on different roles....

"We had Dylan Moore and Darren Minchington as boundary umpires, Will Golds and Changkuoth Jiath as goal umpires and Jarman Impey, Conor Nash and Dan Howe were the assistant coaches!

Yes very nice of them, but what's the matter with Nash? Is he listed as injured somewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back