AFLW Richmond v Melbourne Friday 14 January, 7.10pm Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

The good news is that there are about 4 extremely difficult teams: Melbourne, Fremantle, Adelaide, and Collingwood. We get two of them out of the way in the next two weeks and don’t play the other two.

The only other difficult sides we are fixtured to play are North Melbourne and Brisbane. We play both at Punt Road.

I don’t know if we’ll make finals, but at least we’re looking pretty decent if that’s how we performed against Melbourne with our small forwards out. Looking like we’re on the right track and no longer easy-beats for even the foundation clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we won 3 quarters out of the 4 so that’s a huge improvement to last year. The 2nd quarter was a debacle but we put up a fight, which is what we wanted to see
Now we just need to raise the fight when the momentum is against us, once we can do this we will be hard to beat.

Apart from the 2nd qtr which was deplorable, i thought the girls did quite well.

Foot skills let them down, dees hitting targets at will. And I Thought the Dees spread a lot better than our girls.

Still, a 16 point loss to a premiership contender shows we are on the right track.

Poppy and MacKenzie had they played tonight we would've given them a run for their money.

Now we just need to raise the fight when the momentum is against us, once we can do this we will be hard to beat.
Agreed. Our forward line is potent enough to make use of our momentum, but we just need to stem the damage when momentum’s against us. We’ve made improvements to that this year, but we have further room to improve

Not a bad effort in the end their class bats deeper than ours , mon con and lavey lacked support in the midfield , our bottom 4 players were well beaten . Seymour , kB , mon con and lavey all played well , cordnEr battled hard

yes ATM a bit more class & depth than we have
each player battled hard for us, couldn't be prouder than i am now

years gone by, the game would have blown out, but we have made up more ground this year, than i could ever had hoped
some of our best plays are elite, as good as any top team

again, what a emerging star Gabby Seymour is

Just need to be able to play here as a tall mid - for all that Rucking achieves, she is wasted in that position.

yes ATM a bit more class & depth than we have
each player battled hard for us, couldn't be prouder than i am now

years gone by, the game would have blown out, but we have made up more ground this year, than i could ever had hoped
some of our best plays are elite, as good as any top team

Yes we have a great best 5 and still competitive at best 10 - but we slip badly after that WHEN the other team is on song! Our bottom 1/3rd is very lacking in finishing ability.

Apart from the 2nd qtr which was deplorable, i thought the girls did quite well.

Foot skills let them down, dees hitting targets at will. And I Thought the Dees spread a lot better than our girls.

Still, a 16 point loss to a premiership contender shows we are on the right track.

Poppy and MacKenzie had they played tonight we would've given them a run for their money.
Poppy, MacKenzie and Stahl out hurt for us. Even Yasser out changed our structure up forward from last week because Yasser would have given us more leg speed in the forward line

Just need to be able to play here as a tall mid - for all that Rucking achieves, she is wasted in that position.

we're a ruck short in the squad, Poppy going down for 3-4 weeks means Gab has to ruck whole game
would love for Gabby to be able to play only as 2nd ruck & midfield, would be a major weapon

Too many well below standard players still. Disappointing effort
Touch harsh - but tonight yes. Get McKenzie, D'arcy, Yassir, Kelly and maybe Shevlin and perhaps Stahl in there and we bat much deeper and that bats your comment right back at you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back