Game Day Richmond v Northern Blues @ MCG 11/8 11.30 LIVE ON 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Small steps in the right direction from RCD. Very similar game to last weeks
What he does is actually very impressive just needs to do it more often

Same story, other words

Nice, thank you my man

Guy has the skills, but who does he replace at senior level.

In the midfield with everyone up and running we have Martin Prestia Cotchin Lambert Edwards Graham Ross Ellis Bolton & Caddy ahead of him with KMac also waiting in the wings

Down back Houli & Vlastuin are locks in the small/mid sized defender role. Baker and Short have started to look better in recent weeks and neither deserve to get dropped on their performances in the last couple of games.

Up forward Rioli and Stack were quiet today and may come under pressure with Cotchin and Martin to come back in. You could swap him for George but not sure he offers the same as George does, while Bolton has the ability to go through the middle and provide a spark up forward with his skills and tricks.

I nominate Bolton gets the boot for giving away 100m free

Thought that Towna and Aarts were our best players yesterday but not sure if we’ll ever see either at the top level (towna will always have 2017).

Aarts was sensational in the air on the ground but you wonder if he has the athleticism/pace to cut it at AFL level. Yesterday’s conditions (AFL) probably would have suited him you could have seen him at the feet of Tom and Jack. Don’t reckon he’ll get his chance this year and is probably 50/50 (but firming with performances like yesterday) to be on the list next year.

Great highlights package this week I’m tipping, some scintillating runs from Balta, Menadue and Oleg. Love to see those 3 line up over 60M dash. Geez Tiger supporters are in for some great times watching Balta play, he’s a unique package.

Our most improved player this year-Soldo. He’s actually moving across the ground well and no longer appears a lumbering slug. Not saying he’s athletic but there’s been a definite improvement in that area since playing AFL.

CCJ was good again and is now becoming very consistent week in week out. Still has 5kg to add to that frame which will make him a very intimidating player. Crashes in at ground level not unlike Nank.

Thought that Towna and Aarts were our best players yesterday but not sure if we’ll ever see either at the top level (towna will always have 2017).

Aarts was sensational in the air on the ground but you wonder if he has the athleticism/pace to cut it at AFL level. Yesterday’s conditions (AFL) probably would have suited him you could have seen him at the feet of Tom and Jack. Don’t reckon he’ll get his chance this year and is probably 50/50 (but firming with performances like yesterday) to be on the list next year.

Great highlights package this week I’m tipping, some scintillating runs from Balta, Menadue and Oleg. Love to see those 3 line up over 60M dash. Geez Tiger supporters are in for some great times watching Balta play, he’s a unique package.

Our most improved player this year-Soldo. He’s actually moving across the ground well and no longer appears a lumbering slug. Not saying he’s athletic but there’s been a definite improvement in that area since playing AFL.

CCJ was good again and is now becoming very consistent week in week out. Still has 5kg to add to that frame which will make him a very intimidating player. Crashes in at ground level not unlike Nank.

Like it Charlie. Actually think Towna deserves another shot, was great yesterday. Aarts I like but just has too much competition. The X-factor boys struggled in the seniors, I do wonder whether Aarts meat and potatoes approach would be best suited in the wetter conditions. Be good to see him get a crack in those conditions perhaps would be my only thought of him getting a game.

Agree with you about some of that run and carry. Mena's had a cracker through the centre of the ground, Markov had quite a number and Balta we kind of just expect one or two a game don't we. As great as they are to watch, we still have to be outcome based because a head of steam can take the run too far losing the potential for a key link. Markov might need to temper his a bit and find that link instead of the long bomb.

Soldo is a puzzle at times, so agile when you least expect it, so clumsy when your do expect an outcome. At least that means he still hasn't reached his ceiling - which is great for the young man. Could see him becoming a bit more Witts like yet. Big call I know, but his best is yet to come maybe.

Like it Charlie. Actually think Towna deserves another shot, was great yesterday. Aarts I like but just has too much competition. The X-factor boys struggled in the seniors, I do wonder whether Aarts meat and potatoes approach would be best suited in the wetter conditions. Be good to see him get a crack in those conditions perhaps would be my only thought of him getting a game.

Agree with you about some of that run and carry. Mena's had a cracker through the centre of the ground, Markov had quite a number and Balta we kind of just expect one or two a game don't we. As great as they are to watch, we still have to be outcome based because a head of steam can take the run too far losing the potential for a key link. Markov might need to temper his a bit and find that link instead of the long bomb.

Soldo is a puzzle at times, so agile when you least expect it, so clumsy when your do expect an outcome. At least that means he still hasn't reached his ceiling - which is great for the young man. Could see him becoming a bit more Witts like yet. Big call I know, but his best is yet to come maybe.
Love watching the 2s just so many watchable players running around at the moment that you always get value for money when you go along or watch on TV

Still trying to work out Baltas eventual spot/role in our team and I keep changing my mind every couple of weeks.
I reckon he’d be very handy playing Broadys role (not that I want Broad out) his athleticism size and speed would be perfect as that 3rd man up in marking contests in the backline and has line breaking speed at ground level. But will not be surprised if he ends up in a Kouta midfield type role either.

Re Soldo I reckon his cousin has had a big influence on his improvement, very good football brain Ivan senior

I don’t reckon we’ll see Towna again. Lynch’s arrival, Pickett likely to be knocking the door down, Chol’s unexpected development, there’s just too many factors against it happening

Last edited:
oaWJ6Vz.png

g4YjNpI.png

Naish looking a bit out of touch, even Turner make some bad kick choices. Conditions must be a bit challenging there joelsyt? One thing I really hate is that crap handball RCD (think it was) gave low under no pressure that stuffs up a chain, in front or behind the player I can live with but giving it low is so bloody careless when under no pressure
Yep seen that.I think RCD is more Vanilla than anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back