Richmond v Port Melbourne North Port Oval Sat 29 April 2:40pm (Channel 7 live from 2:30pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

First ive seen our VFL squad this year, this game has shown me where our depth will hurt us this year

We lack experienced Key forwards (Chol & moore are still raw but show glimpses, Elton is our traveling emergency and theres a possibility Griff may need to retire due to his concussions)
We lack Key defenders in general (if this game is anything to go by, We have 1 AFL Listed in Garthwaite)
Our Ruck stocks are Maric & Soldo for the remainder of the season (Hammer is likely to miss the whole season by reports)

First ive seen our VFL squad this year, this game has shown me where our depth will hurt us this year

We lack experienced Key forwards (Chol & moore are still raw but show glimpses, Elton is our traveling emergency and theres a possibility Griff may need to retire due to his concussions)
We lack Key defenders in general (if this game is anything to go by, We have 1 AFL Listed in Garthwaite)
Our Ruck stocks are Maric & Soldo for the remainder of the season (Hammer is likely to miss the whole season by reports)

Griff will be back I reckon,giving him plenty of rest to get over the concussion.

Was going to watch but ended up seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, was anyone any good?
Lloyd was ok but not as good as the 4 goals indicate.
Garthwait was pretty good.
I think Miles had a few touch and good goal on final siren, but wouldn't say he was a standout.
Ellis had some good touches.
Not much else I saw other than that.

Lloyd was ok but not as good as the 4 goals indicate.
Garthwait was pretty good.
I think Miles had a few touch and good goal on final siren, but wouldn't say he was a standout.
Ellis had some good touches.
Not much else I saw other than that.
So if we win, not likely to make any changes against Bulldogs then?

Soldo, Chol, Maric, Moore. Today none of them looked like they would offer much more than Elton as a 2nd tall forward/ruck.
Lennon has a beautiful kick but he just looks as slow as Maric.
Garthwaite looked alright, but doesn't appear that tall and didn't really play tall.
Batchelor & Hunt look like VFL is their level.
Menadue tried, but needs more time at VFL level.
CEllis was not really noticable.
Bolton & Stengle had a few nice cameos but don't get overly involved in the game.
Lloyd and Miles are the best chances of a call-up in my opinion.

Miles is the only one who should be considered next week. Played 4 consistent quarters. 30 touches and a goal. Not as good as his game the other week however.

Possibly Lloyd but he got shut down by Tynan after quarter time.

I worry about Menadue and Ellis. Soft, outside and undersized footballers who can't find much of the ball.

I can only assume he stayed on as a playing coach for the younger guys and an absolute emergency backup given our lack of rucks on the list.

I have no doubt. Perhaps more blame should lay on our list management.

That is back to the brad miller playing coach days. Would've thought we'd learnt our lesson. Want a coach? Then they can retire and be an actual coach. Not waste a list spot.

geez we're quick to turn in here.

our week 1 may have given us a 'big head' and with injuries mounting to the younger/depth players we're starting to see them think they're better than they are without the skills to back it up

switched on, the VFL team is still very strong but when they go out thinking they're a shoe-in this will happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lloyd good in the first term but was marked hard after that. looks too good for vfl would like him back in the seniors
miles typical miles game wins the pill and works hard
garthwaite looks good took some nice marks tackles and competes hard. kicking style is ugly but boots it very long like the look of this bloke

bad
menadue looks scared everytime he gets the ball just rushes it
hunt just s**t

annoying
c.ellis gets brushed off the ball worse then nahas use to in the ones

bolton and stengle tried hard and showed patches but were rooted in the last term fitness will come.

bolton's highlights look good smashed a player in the middle but gave away a downfield free that cost a goal. but then also danced around 3 and passed lace out to set up a shot at goal

Menadue's running style/the way he handballs looks like he lacks confidence in his ability and looks awkward. Overlooked it early in his first two years believing there was nothing in it. However starting to question whether he'll make it personally after the last two afl games he played and today. Only one other player i can think of that looks that hesitant when playing Rory Akins. I hope he makes it but starting to doubt it.

Richmond listed player stats.

Miles 28 disposals (20 kicks 8 handballs) 9 marks 0 tackles 1.0
Lloyd 22 disposals (16 kicks 6 handballs) 5 marks 2 tackles 4.1
Ellis 20 disposals (15 kicks 5 handballs) 3 marks 3 tackles
Hunt 19 disposals (12 kicks 7 handballs) 4 marks 1 tackle 0.1
Lennon 16 disposals (11 kicks 5 handballs) 7 marks 2 tackles 2.0
Batchelor 16 disposals (10 kicks 6 handballs) 3 marks 1 tackle
Menadue 15 disposals (8 kicks 7 handballs) 3 marks 1 tackle 0.1
Maric 13 disposals (9 kicks 4 handballs) 5 marks 2 tackles 31 hitouts
Garthwaite 12 disposals (10 kicks 2 handballs) 8 marks 2 tackles
Bolton 11 disposals (7 kicks 4 handballs) 3 marks 1 tackle 0.1
Moore 10 disposals (8 kicks 2 handballs) 4 marks 4 tackles 0.2
Stengle 9 disposals (4 kicks 5 handballs) 2 marks 2 tackles 1.0
Chol 8 disposals (5 kicks 3 handballs) 1 mark 2 tackles 1 hitout
Soldo 7 disposals (3 kicks 4 handballs) 3 marks 2 tackles 11 hitouts
Townsend 1 kick 1 tackle before being injured

Interesting that Miles playing as an inside midfielder didn't lay a tackle according to the stats. People question why he isn't being played and it has been stated that he doesn't do the defensive things as well as others. Myself I have said that he is a see ball get ball type of midfielder who doesn't really lay tackles unless it happens to be when the ball falls at the feet of the ruckmen and everyone just piles on. So far this season he is averaging 0.66 tackles per game if the stars are accurate, that right there gives a clear indication as to why he continues to be overlooked for selection.

Last edited:

Interesting that Miles playing as an inside midfielder didn't lay a tackle according to the stats. People question why he isn't being played and it has been stated that he doesn't do the defensive things as well as others. Myself I have said that he is a see ball get ball type of midfielder who doesn't really lay tackles unless it happens to be when the ball falls at the feet of the ruckmen and everyone just piles on. So far this season he is averaging 0.66 tackles per game if the stars are accurate, that right there gives a clear indication as to why he continues to be overlooked for selection.

Bolton?

The cdaig m crae coaching style is awesome too you guys. Wicked....

100 bux....

did u watch the game? if he didn't burrow it out the ball was booted away.
hard to tackle a guy when its already been booted away. I doubt you have ever seen a game when a footy player comes off covered in mud.
he was the 1st guy to fly the flag when townsend got cleaned up.

a complete oversite that MILES is not in the 1s.
our reserves are a *en joke

AU96rVn.png

gqNyZgD.png

100 bux....

did u watch the game? if he didn't burrow it out the ball was booted away.
hard to tackle a guy when its already been booted away. I doubt you have ever seen a game when a footy player comes off covered in mud.
he was the 1st guy to fly the flag when townsend got cleaned up.

a complete oversite that MILES is not in the 1s.
our reserves are a ****en joke

RT wanted Miles in this week with his changes. Now he's saying why are people questioning him not playing because he doesn't tackle. I can't follow this argument. All over the shop.

One thing I noticed is when the camera zoomed in on the huddle with the coach addressing the team, Bolton was not paying attention. Not a good sign for a young lad who's been very undisciplined so far. Stengle miles ahead of him as a prospect who's also much cleaner with the ball.

100 bux....
Sorry mate I just think they all got ahead of themselves and really
didn't work for it all day. I'm not sure who our outs were, but we're a better side than that. We wanted to play bruise free footy all day so it could be a reality check. I'll put another 100 on them after they blow out.
lol got ahead of themselves...
they are playing reserves for a reason.
they aren't good enough for afl. then I watch them half arse running around and doing * all unless it makes them look good in the end. our reserves are an embarrassment and should be put back out to 17 - 1 instead of the 7 - 1 I was quoted today.
I hear about depth for Richmond... well can someone please tell me where the * it went today?
you cant play against port melb, how the * will you play in the afl?????
*!
#anotherfalsedawn
#morebullshitstories
#growsomeballs
#whenyouareinthe2splaylikeyouwannaplayinthe1s

*!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back