Richmond v St Kilda - Rd 22, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed is one those annoying old people who keeps repeating the same old anecdotes.

He thinks he's impressing you with his knowledge of certain clubs & players but in reality he's doing the complete opposite.
If I have to hear his story about how Billy Picken used to commentate his own play I'll throw my tv out the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL. And what's your excuse? Glasshouses and all that. Saints were half of what was one the more rubbish games I can recall...

Simple
Saints came in to the year aiming for 8-11 wins. We have 11 and will finish with 12.
Richmond came in to the season claiming they were 'contenders', 'top 4' and looking for 15-17 wins. You have 8.

You havent won a final since 2001.

It is embarrassing that the Tigers fans just buy the spin the club is selling them that all is ok. How gullible and easy to please can you be?

Simple
Saints came in to the year aiming for 8-11 wins. We have 11 and will finish with 12.
Richmond came in to the season claiming they were 'contenders', 'top 4' and looking for 15-17 wins. You have 8.

You havent won a final since 2001.

It is embarrassing that the Tigers fans just buy the spin the club is selling them that all is ok. How gullible and easy to please can you be?

Oh, has been it been that long since we won a final? Thanks for the reminder. Why don't you drop a 'Ninth-mond' gag while you're rolling out the clichés.

I think you'll find few, if any, Tigers fans are 'buying the spin'. We're well aware of the rabble we are. Media create it; the club and Hardwick toe the line as that's footy these days - doesn't mean the fanbase are buying it. Ha! I can't think of one Tiger fan that had expectations of winning 17 games!

But yeah, I'm easy to please though. Our season ended months back... so I'm happy to see Callum Moore kick a junktime goal in his debut. Happy to see Todd Elton kick his first goal. Happy to see Rioli show glimpses of what he might be.

Don't think anyone's buying the club's spin. Hardwick has us playing a disgusting brand, but ultimately this match had no bearing on our position - other than it being best for the club to stay in the bottom six, which is why I didn't go. A game best forgotten by all concerned.

Oh, has been it been that long since we won a final? Thanks for the reminder. Why don't you drop a 'Ninth-mond' gag while you're rolling out the clichés.

I think you'll find few, if any, Tigers fans are 'buying the spin'. We're well aware of the rabble we are. Media create it; the club and Hardwick toe the line as that's footy these days - doesn't mean the fanbase are buying it. Ha! I can't think of one Tiger fan that had expectations of winning 17 games!

But yeah, I'm easy to please though. Our season ended months back... so I'm happy to see Callum Moore kick a junktime goal in his debut. Happy to see Todd Elton kick his first goal. Happy to see Rioli show glimpses of what he might be.

Yep I second that, I dont think any Richmond supporter is buying into the "All is well at Tigerland" because we know that quite clearly it isnt..

Didn't watch much of this game but sympathise with the general sentiment here. Seems to be more and more common that we end up with games that are virtually unwatchable. I'm in serious danger of falling out of love with footy and not just because of the trials the Bombers have been through.

Didn't watch much of this game but sympathise with the general sentiment here. Seems to be more and more common that we end up with games that are virtually unwatchable. I'm in serious danger of falling out of love with footy and not just because of the trials the Bombers have been through.

Agree with you there mate, my love for footy is disappearing and i dont say that cos my team Richmond are struggling, i just dont like how the game is run, how rules cange season after season and the different interpretation of rules etc. Just not the same.

Agree with you there mate, my love for footy is disappearing and i dont say that cos my team Richmond are struggling, i just dont like how the game is run, how rules cange season after season and the different interpretation of rules etc. Just not the same.
It is entirely natural that a certain percentage of people will stop liking the game due to rule changes. You guys shouldn't feel guilty if you stop watching the game. There is probably an equal number of people who have started watching the game due to the rule changes and how they are interpreted.

It is entirely natural that a certain percentage of people will stop liking the game due to rule changes. You guys shouldn't feel guilty if you stop watching the game. There is probably an equal number of people who have started watching the game due to the rule changes and how they are interpreted.

Probably not. Attendances have flatlined for five seasons, down about 13% on the AFL's peak years. We've gone nearly 80 matches since the last 60K crowd, which hasn't happened since 2005-06 (Queen's Birthday 05 -> Anzac Day 06).

Used to be puzzled by the AFL's soccer phobia, but now it's clear - zero growth. Plenty of other threads to discuss this, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back